Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My eyes hurt reading this car crash of a thread. insolvency, cva, ebt YAWN! You diddies are so dull that you can make the demise of Rangers unfunny because that will lead to your demise. GandW Zebra on another thread admitted that we'll lose interest, stop going to your grounds unless of course it's the title clincher. In which case you'll be timetabling defeats to make sure you get us. rolleyes.gif

Sammy, I honestly do not understand your viewpoint.

Do you actually want "Rangers" to be allowed back into the SPL or indeed the SFL1?

I presume not.

In which case, Celtic are likely to dominate Scottish football for quite a while.

If no challenge arises from the other SPL teams, then you just have to wait until

the Govan Team claws it's way back into contention.

That is IF they actually get a club up and running.

I would have thought that this would please you.

So why the negativity?

Edited by cyderspaceman

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Maybe time for another musical interlude from my friends:

http://v.youku.com/v...g2NzUzMTE2.html

My personal message to the SPL, SFA and SFL: noting that six SPL clubs, plus Clyde, Morton, Raith and Falkirk have already heeded the song's song's title which is "Grow Up, Stop Fucking Around".

Vive la Xiao Punk!

Cheers and goodnight

PA

Have just seen Green on SSN publicly damning the players who left under TUPE saying they were purely for financial gains leaving the club ! what a hypocritical moron seeing as he is only there for financial gain and has publicly announced that he is there for that reason.He is probably more pissed that he thought he was getting millions of pounds worth of free talent under TUPE for his £5.5 million but got a slap in the puss.

I wouldn't entertain SPL TV. I have an ST for St Mirren, and go to some away games. I have Sky - but it isn't for the SPL. It's for the NFL, the golf, the EPL, and the music and arts stuff.

I would see SPL TV as a very risky strategy. Just my gut feeling.

Norway has just signed a 4 year tv deal at @£40million per season. http://www.tvsportsmarkets.com/news/2011/oct/norwegian-football-domestic-rights-fees-over-33

Are we really that far behind Norway now?

Have just seen Green on SSN publicly damning the players who left under TUPE saying they were purely for financial gains leaving the club ! what a hypocritical moron seeing as he is only there for financial gain and has publicly announced that he is there for that reason.He is probably more pissed that he thought he was getting millions of pounds worth of free talent under TUPE for his £5.5 million but got a slap in the puss.

Didn't see it but folk on Twitter saying he was claiming that he was going to sue everyone who had left. Complete and utter bullshitter - he's well suited to Ibrokes.

If an entreprenuer wants to pay the upfront cost, and make a pretty good case (and a short-term guarantee) that we'll make more off it after his cut and operating costs than an established broadcaster paying us to do it for us, then I'd take it at the drop of a hat.

Clubs baulked at it with Rangers involved, nevermind without.

Who gives guarantees, business is a gamble, using our clubs as a barometer is hardly a slap down.

Mr Doncaster would actually have found his proper position if we had our own channel.

I don't see how he could do anything else. Airdrie's position next season is directly affected by the outcome of the vote, and Ballantyne is a representative of both the SFA and the SFL.

Why doesnt he give the vote to the fans instead?

I wouldn't entertain SPL TV. I have an ST for St Mirren, and go to some away games. I have Sky - but it isn't for the SPL. It's for the NFL, the golf, the EPL, and the music and arts stuff.

I would see SPL TV as a very risky strategy. Just my gut feeling.

Why wouldn't you be interested if games are shown in a more responsible manner?

Show SPL and SFL games.

Show behind the scenes at clubs.

Show teams in action in their community.

Wee discussion programmes.

Blah blah blah

There are loads of things involving our game you could show, it doesn't have to be like it is under Sky, we can target it to our audience rather than their audience.

Sky doesn't give a shit about me or my club but a tenner a month or so to see my club mentioned and shown occasionally could be appealing.

Norway has just signed a 4 year tv deal at @£40million per season. http://www.tvsportsm...ts-fees-over-33

Are we really that far behind Norway now?

They do televise every match, though, with often 5 or 6 kick-offs staggerred over a weekend... Their deal is for 240 games while ours is for 60, and I doubt fans here would favour say 1 game on Friday, 2/3 spread over Saturday, 2/3 Sunday, 1 Monday.

However, they're doing very well, yes.

Anyone else read that as "we want to vote 'yes' to newco but we don't want to be slaughtered by the fans when everyone else votes no"?

Isnt an abstention counted as a Yes vote anyway?

Why doesnt he give the vote to the fans instead?

'Cos ''allegedly'' he was a (undisclosed) shareholder in a certain defunct club perhaps?

They do televise every match, though, with often 5 or 6 kick-offs staggerred over a weekend... Their deal is for 240 games while ours is for 60, and I doubt fans here would favour say 1 game on Friday, 2/3 spread over Saturday, 2/3 Sunday, 1 Monday.

However, they're doing very well, yes.

at the start of the season its like that without the friday game here anyways though

Show SPL and SFL games.

Blah blah blah

There are loads of things involving our game you could show, it doesn't have to be like it is under Sky, we can target it to our audience rather than their audience.

Sky doesn't give a shit about me or my club but a tenner a month or so to see my club mentioned and shown occasionally could be appealing.

It's all about priorities surely? Sky Sports & ESPN with HD costs £60 pcm. BT are likely going to replace ESPN on people's subscriptions when the £3 BILLION Premiership deal starts. Coughing up even more money for the Old Firm away games is not exactly appealing.

I've already cancelled my sports subs, will settle for the games shown on council telly.

at the start of the season its like that without the friday game here anyways though

Aye, for 1 week.

People moan incessentaly about the disruption/inconvenience caused by showing 1.5 games per round (edit: and alleged crowd impacts). Imagine 6 per round.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It's all about priorities surely? Sky Sports & ESPN with HD costs £60 pcm. BT are likely going to replace ESPN on people's subscriptions when the £3 BILLION Premiership deal starts. Coughing up even more money for the Old Firm away games is not exactly appealing.

I've already cancelled my sports subs, will settle for the games shown on council telly.

We wouldn't have to show every OF away game, they can take a wee home game as well as the rest.

Show SPL and SFL games.

Blah blah blah

I'm not interested because I actually go to SPL games. I suspect I am no different to many fans - I wake up on the morning of a home game, and I'm already thinking about the game. Then when it's time to get ready, I go through the 'car keys, money, ticket, scarf, hat - check' routine. I look forward to meeting my mates, allowing myself a half-pint cos' I'm driving, and I look forward to this if it's St Mirren v Aberdeen, St Mirren v Killie, or St Mirren v Club 12.

If, let's say, St Johnstone v Dundee Utd is on Sky - I might tune in, but I'm unlikely to do so. If SPL football was a stand-alone pay for it at a monthly cost channel - I wouldn't want it. I am interested in the other clubs, but not enough to buy 'SPL TV'. Again, just my personal decision. If I had emigrated to Canada, Australia, or Eng-er-land... I would be 100% definitely absolutely, stick-on certain to buy any SPL TV package.