Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

There has to be a balance between punishment and personal survival.

What will put clubs out of existence is appeasing newco and alienating their own fans and confirming the Scottish football details up as insitutionally corrupt. In long term Scottish football would become a toxic brand. I fwiw don't believe any sponsor is walking away on the basis of losing a cpl visits from the bigots ...not least when there is no evidence to suggest a skint newco would be bringing many fans anyway.

Please tell me (should any vote ever actually go ahead) that this will be an open raise of hands around the table vote rather than an anonymous ballot? If it's the latter option then you can guarantee that 11 clubs will claim they voted despite there only being three or four 'no' votes given and that absolute chaos will follow.

You sir are a Fucking idiot.

No, he just thinks his team have a divine right to play in the SPL, this was is and always will be the position of SPL clubs and some their supporters.

The Motherwells of this world bring no more to the table than your average SFL 1 club but you wouldn't know it.

This is a dark day for Scottish Football - The need and the want for money has overtaken justice and fairness. St Johnstone are the only SPL team to come out and say that they won't change their vote

No they're not, Stewart milne said exactly the same, as I believe have Hibs.

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

There has to be a balance between punishment and personal survival.

ayecarumbaoj3.jpg

I'm getting tired if this now. The relentless trouser dropping to help the Govan tax cheats is starting to wear thin. If it was any club outside the bigot twins there would be no issue, no deferral, no desperate pleads. They would be punted down to the third division pronto.

Hell even if Rangers did find themselves in Div 3 I am becoming so disillusioned with the game up here I'm wondering what the point is. Come next season there would no doubt be a league restructure to bump them from Div 2 to Div 1. The glitz of the EPL is just a short train ride away. Spend 28 quid to watch Newcastle V Arsenal with a beer at the game. Or face bigoted shite and nazi stewards and a big green pillar at Celtic for 32 quid.

We are mugs.

Surely the governing football bodies would take a dim view of the SPL entering into a contract which effectivly means having a rigged league. Now all this is out in the open, I would have thought sponsors would not want their products linked to such a thing. The best way to attract sponsors and a TV package is to have it attached to a league with integrity and credibility. The scaremongering could easily be challenged, hopefully Stuart Cosgrove can do this on the radio tonight.

The Motherwells of this world bring no more to the table than your average SFL 1 club but you wouldn't know it.

So Rangers go to SFL3, these five SPL sides who've run a disatrous business model for years go bust and are replaced by these average SFL1 sides who know what'll happen if they do the same. Spartans/Cove/Huntly or whoever get into SFL3 to replace the 5 emty places after everyone gets nudged up five places. Sounds good to me (other than Brechin getting massacred in SFL1).

I tell you what, if it's going to be the 1st Division. I'd rather they just got put in the SPL with 3 years of real sanctions (preferably both points, say 15 and financial no TV revenue or prize money) and them accepting the transfer ban this year. See how the Rangers fans (those who'll turn up in that situation) respond to a season of their crappy squad getting pumped every which way from sunday from the 'diddies'

Personally I doubt sevco lasts a season. I don't think the money is there.

That way the SFL gets to keep it's self-respect while the SPL loses what little it had. As long as real measured reconstruction remains on the table then that's better than the SFL selling their souls for the good of the game.

The whole farce could be avoided, if the SFL clubs simply said yesterday, if you make the decision to put them out of your league structure, they'll have to enter at the bottom of ours. If the SPL want to cave then fine.

I'd agree with this. But if Stewart Regan's comments that the SFA would not allow the Newco back into the SPL are valid. then I honestly don't see the need for an SPL vote. There's no question that First Division is the worst of all options, and certainly the most distasteful one.

I don't get the gloom and doom. I have no idea whatsoever what Cockwomble and Cockwomble Jr. are doing, but at the same time I don't see Newco's survival being any closer today than yesterday.

Cheers for the reasoned responses guys, especially you p45.

There needs to be a balance found between upholding sporting integrity and ensuring that our own clubs don't go out of business through no fault of their own. Is that better?

Highland dogma I think it was - read the St mirren report. It clearly states that sponsors are withdrawing with no rangers and some will want to renegotitate. Personally I believe someone who is within Scottish football and has spoken to the sponsors over someone on the internet's opinion.

No they're not, Stewart milne said exactly the same, as I believe have Hibs.

I keep posting that hibs made the point the vote should not be delayed. Which happened on the 29th

so clubs at that point were probably looking for a delay. We know that Doncaster is looking

to delay who else is. This is a mess.

The Chairman made the point that the vote should proceed without any further delay and that Hibernian FC will vote against the share transfer.

The resolution will fail if four other clubs vote against it or abstain.

If as a result of the vote on 4 July the Rangers newco is not voted into the SPL then it will be for other bodies to decide if and at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football.

Raymond Buchanan ‏@BBCRaymondB

Former #Rangers owner Craig Whyte has been fined £280 for speeding after being caught doing almost 90mph in a 60mph zone near Inverness.

I wonder if he'll blame David Murray.

This stinks, absolutely stinks.

I'm already annoyed at the fact UEFA seed the CL to make sure the big teams all avoid each other and the same happens with FIFA and the World Cup. Now it's crept into the domestic league in Scotland and we are about to allow a club back in who should be either starting at the bottom or not at all.

My SSC membership will be returned to the SFA if there is any other outcome than Sevco starting in the SFL3 along with a scathing letter.

Doncaster is a clown too, seems to me the SPL are a money making organisation who are more worried about lining their own pockets rather than caring what any fan, chairman or club thinks.

This stinks, absolutely stinks.

I'm already annoyed at the fact UEFA seed the CL to make sure the big teams all avoid each other and the same happens with FIFA and the World Cup. Now it's crept into the domestic league in Scotland and we are about to allow a club back in who should be either starting at the bottom or not at all.

Except that in this case the SPL and SFA are adamant that the two big teams are kept together, but I get the point. tongue.gif

My SSC membership will be returned to the SFA if there is any other outcome than Sevco starting in the SFL3 along with a scathing letter.

If you can do this, I should really do the same.

I understand all the talk of being 'finished with Scottish football' if Newco are placed back into the SPL but surely the only organisation which is coming out with any sort of credibility from this is the SFL. I fully understand the SFA are the governinng body and Regan is a fud, but it's the SPL who will be the main c*nts if Newco are back there. I don't see too much reason to ditch your SFL team.

If Rangers are 'parachuted' as they like to call it (what a load of cock), into SFL1...then I will seriously consider my position with supporting the senior game. As has been said, what's the point in supporting something corrupt and rigged.

What west coast junior teams are not mini Rangers love ins? St Anthony's, although its a mini Celtic. Anyone??

There needs to be a balance found between upholding sporting integrity and ensuring that our own clubs don't go out of business through no fault of their own. Is that better?

So rigging the game for the benefit of several clubs teetering on the brink due to overreaching is more acceptable than rigging it for one that's tipped over already? No.

Sad to admit, but I think my interest in Scottish football has finally been obliterated. It's survived a generation of Old Firm title processions, unabashed and unchallenged hatred and bigotry, refereees' strikes, ludicrous ticket prices, ridiculous kick-off times, turgid football, overzealous stewarding, and Kyle fucking Lafferty. But I always regarded it as fair and just, and that I might one day see United, or another diddy club, finally break that stultifying Old Firm duopoly.

I now know that the game up here is a farce, that my role as a diddy club supporter is to pay my money, shut the f**k up, and ultimately prop up a league that exists purely as a plaything for Rangers and Celtic.

The truth will out - f**k them all.