Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cheers for the reasoned responses guys, especially you p45.

There needs to be a balance found between upholding sporting integrity and ensuring that our own clubs don't go out of business through no fault of their own. Is that better?

Highland dogma I think it was - read the St mirren report. It clearly states that sponsors are withdrawing with no rangers and some will want to renegotitate. Personally I believe someone who is within Scottish football and has spoken to the sponsors over someone on the internet's opinion.

That bit in bold isn't entirely true though. Those clubs who can't afford to lose Rangers and everything that goes along with them are clearly operating to a broken business plan. Not only that but years of historic overspending prior to the current business plan have put them in a position which is vulnerable to even slight errors in judgement. They've no one to blame but themselves. If any of these clubs were in the black then they could swallow a modest drop in income (and the figures talked about are modest in the scheme of things), redraw their plan and move on without the newco.

I include my club in that situation. United overspent terribly to put themselves in this position. They've reigned back well in the last few years and made a dent in the debt but if they can't survive a Rangerless league then it's their own fault. Hell mend them.

I've bought my season ticket already, on the back of the baldy shagger's announcement the other week. I shall not be a happy bunny if it turns out he was being coy/dishonest.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Pedantic head on:

True. It's certainly a common symbol in some branches of Buddhism.

It was to indicate the four positions of "The Plough" at each quarter.

Pedantic head off.

Sounds like at attractive symbol for Sevco United to put on their shirts. huh.gif Away strip shown below.

post-30359-0-51640600-1341400456_thumb.j

Edited by thelegendthatis

boycotting is nonsince m8

real fans support there teem !

So why did you boycott English at school?

ETA: Baws. Currently removing large hook from my cheek!

Partick Thistle fan - looking back it's so obvious!

Edited by Mark Connolly

Scottish football will suffer as a result of this in the short term, but in the long term it will emerge stronger, better and fairer.

We all just need to be patient and keep the head for a while longer yet, as the farcical endgame plays out.

I can see where you're coming from, but when its all said and done and Rangers likely head to division three, are we left with the current setup, which involves the same leagues (not a big deal to me, but to most it is) no play offs and the fairer distribution of revenue proposal kicked to the curb?

I'm unconvinced we'll see any positive changes.

Calm down lads, I was bored and thought I'd take the piss out of the illiterate idiots and wee boys who are claiming they are the real fans in the midst of this.

5c90a676_NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-STUPID-28n129949820776029.jpeg

Edited by Hedgecutter

You are spot on.

The thing is, there is perplexed apoplexy amongst the game's custodians that you don't sound happy to fulfill this role. Don't you realise that the future of blue bigots the Scottish game relies on you continuing to pony up cash to watch a rigged league?

Indeed. Doncaster in particular appears to exist in a state of permanent bemusement, and clearly thinks we're all mad. He's like some supercillious English missionary despairing at the recalcitrance of a tribe of rabid Jocks who have told him to stick his scriptures up his arse.

A lot of doom-mongering in the last few pages. The paranoia is acute.

Nothing has happened yet. It's a high pressure time for everybody involved- whether directly as a chairman, or indirectly as fans on here.

It's not time yet to say we're all walking away. These are the desperate last twitches of a dying old system. Doncaster by the sounds of it got a rough ride yesterday and he'll know that Rangers won't win entry into SFL1, for all his scaremongering and grubby blackmail.

Hence the threat to postpone the SPL vote. Rangers simply cannot be re-admitted to the SPL as UEFA won't wear it and the Scottish national team and qualifying clubs for Europe will be banned until the situation is righted.

The SPL have nowhere left to go even if they postpone their vote today and opt for another week's worth of pressure on the SFL chairmen. I'll be absolutely astonished if the SFL vote to set aside their own rules and vote Rangers into division one- it's simply isn't going to happen, hence the SPL's panic.

Rangers (at best) are going to SFL 3. It's taking us a while to get there, but we will. Time and again this crisis has shown that knee jerk and emotional reactions are misplaced and turn out to be wrong in the face of actual events.

Scottish football will suffer as a result of this in the short term, but in the long term it will emerge stronger, better and fairer.

We all just need to be patient and keep the head for a while longer yet, as the farcical endgame plays out.

The problem is that if this does happen it will be despite the best efforts of those supposed custodians of the game.

Let's start again and I'm sure the SFL would welcome applications from some of the teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation based on sporting integrity.

An organisation that has been a closed shop for over a century, aye right.

Brilliant stuff... huh.gif

It appears you can spell 'boycotting' but you can't spell 'team' ? Jesus, you can't even pretend to be a retard with any conviction or authenticity.

Do one. ya fud.

Do you see how easy it is?

:1eye

What a horrible position Scottish Football is in because of David Murray and a lesser extent Craig Whyte.

Every team that split to form the SPL is complicit in the current situation. Every single one. If anything, this is more the SPL diddies' fault than anyone else's: they were the ones who based their business models on, essentially, playing for third place in a league that existed solely to ring-fence TV money from Old Firm games. That's how the SPL ended up with 11-1 and Neil Doncaster.

Oh dear God. Judging on the last 2 posts I can only imagine the horrific murder of the English language that has occurred in the other 5000+ posts this guy's made.

...and year on year they tell us exam pass rates are up. :)

edit BUGGER :P

Edited by BigBadSaint

Raymond Buchanan@BBCRaymondBWestminster Corr David Porter reports Commons Media and Sport Cmte to look into the state of Scottish football with first evidence next week

Expand

the only thing is , UEFA/FIFA rules forbid government to "interfere" with the game ph34r.gif

Hmmmmm..

FOOTBALL

FIFA threatens Oman with suspension from playing World Cup 2014 qualifying matches for breaching football rules on taking disputes to ordinary courts.

Three clubs in Oman sought a ruling to invalidate allegedly flawed elections for the Oman Football Association ruling board.

Oman, managed by former Rangers manager Paul Le Guen, are scheduled to play their next World Cup qualifier at home to Jordan on 16 October.