Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We'd survive without Sevco, we'd make cutbacks but we'd survive. We've been a yo-yo club since I was a boy and we evolve to suit.

Would survival be worthwhile though? If Sevco waltz into the 1st then the game's fucked. Utterly fucked.

So, either way It's a case of working out how fucked each club is and moving forward. I want to know what Doncaster has done to ensure we're never caught in this position again. We need transparency, after all it's us who will subsidise this sham.

My SSC membership will be returned to the SFA if there is any other outcome than Sevco starting in the SFL3 along with a scathing letter.

Is it actually possible to do this? If so then I'd consider doing it even if Newco go to the 3rd division after the disgraceful way the SFA have conducted themselves throughout this whole ordeal.

There needs to be a balance found between upholding sporting integrity and ensuring that our own clubs don't go out of business through no fault of their own. Is that better?

If your club's business model relies on the existence of another single club to keep going, then it deserves to die, to be honest, in its current format.

That's an external factor you have no control over. What would have happened had Sky not bid for the TV rights - would Motherwell have died?

What's the current situation? Can somebody fill me in please?

The way I read it is that everyone is in delay mode so that summer football can be brought in for the start of the 2013 season in March. That will give all 41 clubs time to catch up with newco Rangers and get their own voluntary liquidations sorted out before the first match giving the whole of the Scottish game a fresh start to accommodate Rangers cheating and make sure everyone is on an even footing. All clubs will no longer have FC after their name it will now be NFC so they can keep their original names. Any clubs not wishing to liquidate because they are already financially astute will be given a 10 point head start in the league for the season of 2013 and the 2014 season will see normality returned.

I believe the Nazis subverted an ancient peace symbol (chinese?) by reversing it.

Pub quiz knowledge, haven't bothered to check if true.

Pedantic head on:

True. It's certainly a common symbol in some branches of Buddhism.

It was to indicate the four positions of "The Plough" at each quarter.

Pedantic head off.

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

There has to be a balance between punishment and personal survival.

Oh dear.

"Rangers" do not exist anymore.

We'd all go out of business?

Do you mean we'd go into liquidation, like Rangers did?

Surely we'd all be able to apply to the third division, sorry first division :rolleyes:

If the SFL chairmen manage to force a 16 team top tier (Belgian model) for season 2013/14, and kill off the SPL, I'd be prepared to lube up and let them in Div 1. Fcuk sporting integrity.

Well aye, I'd be prepared to accept sevco in the second tier as long as the league is reformed into say a top tier of 16/18 teams and a second tier for the rest with a proper pyramid structure of feeder regional leagues below this. That's a proper compromise

I now know that the game up here is a farce, that my role as a diddy club supporter is to pay my money, shut the f**k up, and ultimately prop up a league that exists purely as a plaything for Rangers and Celtic.

You are spot on.

The thing is, there is perplexed apoplexy amongst the game's custodians that you don't sound happy to fulfill this role. Don't you realise that the future of blue bigots the Scottish game relies on you continuing to pony up cash to watch a rigged league?

The ball is on the penalty spot and the opposition are doing everything they can to delay the kick. Well it feels like that anyhow.

The keeper's also standing 1 ft in front of the ball but the ref's not caring much.

The way I read it is that everyone is in delay mode so that summer football can be brought in for the start of the 2013 season in March. That will give all 41 clubs time to catch up with newco Rangers and get their own voluntary liquidations sorted out before the first match giving the whole of the Scottish game a fresh start to accommodate Rangers cheating and make sure everyone is on an even footing. All clubs will no longer have FC after their name it will now be NFC so they can keep their original names. Any clubs not wishing to liquidate because they are already financially astute will be given a 10 point head start in the league for the season of 2013 and the 2014 season will see normality returned.

Hemmin, someone from the SPL might be reading this, don't put ideas in their heads. :lol:

If someone from the SPL IS reading this, away warm your bath with an electric heater, eh?

If your club's business model relies on the existence of another single club to keep going, then it deserves to die, to be honest, in its current format.

That's an external factor you have no control over. What would have happened had Sky not bid for the TV rights - would Motherwell have died?

I've said this all along - if Motherwell have taken this gamble, then we all look forward to seeing them in administration. Again.

I wonder if the MSM will fight to save them?

There needs to be a balance found between upholding sporting integrity and ensuring that our own clubs don't go out of business through no fault of their own. Is that better?

Those clubs are in such a parlous state precisely because of the likes of Rangers. It's time for a new financial model for Scottish football as a whole and allowing Newco to blythely swan in as if nothing happened is simply the wrong thing to do. Seems obvious to me.

If those clubs haven't prepared for a financial setback then that's nobody's fault but their own. Anyway, they can just go bust and start a newco, can't they?

A lot of doom-mongering in the last few pages. The paranoia is acute.

Nothing has happened yet. It's a high pressure time for everybody involved- whether directly as a chairman, or indirectly as fans on here.

It's not time yet to say we're all walking away. These are the desperate last twitches of a dying old system. Doncaster by the sounds of it got a rough ride yesterday and he'll know that Rangers won't win entry into SFL1, for all his scaremongering and grubby blackmail.

Hence the threat to postpone the SPL vote. Rangers simply cannot be re-admitted to the SPL as UEFA won't wear it and the Scottish national team and qualifying clubs for Europe will be banned until the situation is righted.

The SPL have nowhere left to go even if they postpone their vote today and opt for another week's worth of pressure on the SFL chairmen. I'll be absolutely astonished if the SFL vote to set aside their own rules and vote Rangers into division one- it's simply isn't going to happen, hence the SPL's panic.

Rangers (at best) are going to SFL 3. It's taking us a while to get there, but we will. Time and again this crisis has shown that knee jerk and emotional reactions are misplaced and turn out to be wrong in the face of actual events.

Scottish football will suffer as a result of this in the short term, but in the long term it will emerge stronger, better and fairer.

We all just need to be patient and keep the head for a while longer yet, as the farcical endgame plays out.

Is it actually possible to do this? If so then I'd consider doing it even if Newco go to the 3rd division after the disgraceful way the SFA have conducted themselves throughout this whole ordeal.

It's not that I'll be hoping to get a refund as I know they wouldn't do that, it's more just to show my disgust at them for their role in this fiasco.

Swines.

there is lots ov fake on fans on here . i will support my club no matter wot cos im our number 1 fan . boycotting fans hang ur heads in shame. ur team needs u m8

Those clubs are in such a parlous state precisely because of the likes of Rangers.

Correct. And wages inflation causes this too. Indeed, in some ways the Sky TV deal, as the Setanta one before it, is a millstone around clubs' necks.

I've said this before, but when Falkirk went from Div One to the SPL, our wage bill trebled in the space of 3 seasons. Did our playing squad improve in terms of quality? Pfft - barely, if at all.

But suddenly we had a £3m wage bill, rather than £1.2 m one. And dross like Tam Scobbie earned £2K a week, rather than £500 a week. All because we had greater income, particularly TV money.

I actually think the Scottish game would benefit from not having a TV deal. It would force clubs to have outgoings purely in line with their own income they themsevles have earned directly.

there is lots ov fake on fans on here . i will support my club no matter wot cos im our number 1 fan . boycotting fans hang ur heads in shame. ur team needs u m8

you just do not get the whole issue do you?

If not go back and start re-reading all about this.