Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If the halfwit that is Neil 'iqlowerthanshoesize' Doncaster actually bothered his arse to go to sky, espn and sports 5 and said to them, 'look, we know you want your 4 old firm games a season, unfortunately, due to the cheating bigotted b*****ds cheating everyone and anyone, we have had to punt them.

Now, if you want to walk away that's fine, we may just have to leak the reasons for that...'

Scare THEM into sticking by the spl.

Instead he's just fucked up after f**k up after f**k up.

I could do a better job than him

I've said it before, the 40 non 'OF' clubs should get together and leave the bigoted 2 to there hate filled battlings, let Sky cover it for 6 months and drop them like a stone.

Scottish football and society doesn't need either of them, but as long as the clubs cower like a battered wife and let Traynor and his ilk tell us we'll die without them, we'll leave ourselves open for all kinds af abuse.

Bollox to them, bollox to Traynorites and bollox to Doncaster & Regan.

If the spineless SPL do decide to delay their vote I hope to god the SFL either (1) do nothing, as they don't have a vacancy and therefore cannot vote on anything or (2) vote that any newco needs to apply to division 3.

Doncaster and the SPL are welcome to the orcs!

I have supported St. Johnstone for most of my life (albeit my life hasn't been particularly lengthy so far). I was a member of 'Super Js' from a very young age, and took pride in supporting my local team. I have met some great people at Saints matches. Supporting a small non-OF club is really like being part of a little community. Travelling to away matches, Saints scarf hanging out of the window, getting beeped by fellow Saints fans who drive past, giving them a wave.. These are just little things, but part of the magic of being a so-called 'diddy' supporter. To feel part of something which isn't solely about football. A few hundred or so Saints supporters huddled in a corner of Ibrox, surrounded by the unwashed hordes, feeling like it's us against the world (and a glorious bonus if we somehow get a result against the odds).

I have been a mascot, then a ballboy, then a season ticket holder. I have been to almost every home match and a large number of away matches throughout the past 9 or so years since my final year of primary school. I hate the feeling of missing any match at all. I have idolised many players who have worn the shirt.

In the past, I have done the research for St. Johnstone for Football Manager, I have interviewed players, manager, and written articles in the local paper about the club. It has become a huge part of my life. My love of Saints has, at times, led to a few arguments about my priorities in life. For me, it seemed undoubtedly permanent. I could never have imagined myself retracting my support or switching to another team. A football team is for life.

But things change. The last few months in Scottish football have escalated very quickly. I missed out on St. Johnstone's last European trip, and now the current events have put a sour taste on our upcoming one.

I will not commit myself to a season ticket either.

It is not an easy decision to make. Through St. Johnstone, I have got my dad into football aswell and we have attended many matches together. I find it difficult to ditch the club because he enjoys it so much, but he understands if this is my decision and would follow me in supporting a lower-league or junior Scottish team if the dreaded outcome is reached. If Rangers/Sevco are in the SPL next season, if our chairman votes 'yes' to Newco, or if he has been involved in the blackmailing of SFL clubs, I won't be back. As hard as it is, I could no longer support a team which has actively supported cheating and promoted corruption in Scottish football.

Substitute St Johnstone for [your team's name here] and that's how we all feel right now... :(

I've said it before, the 40 non 'OF' clubs should get together and leave the bigoted 2 to there hate filled battlings, let Sky cover it for 6 months and drop them like a stone.

Scottish football and society doesn't need either of them, but as long as the clubs cower like a battered wife and let Traynor and his ilk tell us we'll die without them, we'll leave ourselves open for all kinds af abuse.

Bollox to them, bollox to Traynorites and bollox to Doncaster & Regan.

Just boycott the Record, he'll be off soon enough.

Indicative of the current Celtic board? Do they want Sevco in the SPL, and the trophy count reduced? Lawwell and co have been extremely quiet over the whole issue so we just don't know what their opinion is.

Ric, Gilmour said last night, Lawell was fuming and had met Rangers. He would try everything possible to keep 11-1 vote and stranglehold on revenue. Reading between the lines, Celtic do want Sevco in SPL but cannot say so because their support would revolt.

They would likely introduce a 14 or 16 team league to save them....

If the SFL chairmen manage to force a 16 team top tier (Belgian model) for season 2013/14, and kill off the SPL, I'd be prepared to lube up and let them in Div 1. Fcuk sporting integrity.

FTA:

A Sky insider said: “Three years without Rangers while they climb from the Third Division to the SPL would blow the whole deal out of the water.

“If Rangers are kicked out of the SPL, the longest Sky will wait for a return is a year.

“It’s not worth it commercially if it’s going to be longer than 12 months with no Old Firm games.

“Four Old Firm games a season is what Sky export around Britain and the world – that’s what they pay for.

“No Rangers equals no Sky, unless they’re back very soon.

“It’s not about an agenda against one side of the Old Firm, it’s business.”

Apart from the loathsome use of "a Sky insider", I am not sure if Sky now realise they can play a little hardball here (they have been suspiciously quiet up until now).

I hope this vote doesnt get defered, im getting fed up of people not making a decision and passing it off to somebody else at any and every oppertunity. My only slight concern is that if it does get defered, the SFL will vote for Divison 3 and then i wouldnt be at all surprised if there was a U-turn from the SPL to keep them in.

Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan should get the bullet, both of them have balls the size of smarties and they should be told to GTF after the way they've handled this saga, smacks of incompetance and cowardise.

EDIT: i also see the scaremongering from the media has gone into overdrive aswell :rolleyes:

Edited by DavieCFC

As we all know the sky money is the dealbreaker across the board here.

It's a shame that we don't know what their position is, only what the cockwomble is implying to us.

Saying that £17M will be lost to the game implies strongly that the sky money would dissapear completely, to this end I have sent the following email to sky complaints. I know it will have no effect, but if enough people do the same perhaps there may be a glimmer of hope that the situation could be made clearer:

Good Day,

I write to complain about sky's position regarding the on-going issues in Scottish Football. I know sky have not made any public statements to this effect, but Neil Doncaster (CEO of the SPL) is on record as saying that "17M would be lost if the new Rangers are admitted to Division 3". So this leaves only 2 scenarios. either:

a) Sky have told Neil that they will pull out of Scottish Football if the clubs do what 95% of football fans (including Rangers fans) think is right and admit new Rangers to division 3.

or

b) Neil Doncaster is publically using sky as a scapegoat for his ulterior motives, to try and force the clubs to admit new Rangers at a higher level than would be sportingly right.

If b) then sky could end the speculation at any point by making a public statement that you will not pull out of Scottish Football, even with Rangers in Div 3. This would end the threats that are being made to the smaller clubs in Scotland by SPL executives, and show your company up in an extremely good light.

If no statement is made, and Doncaster's threat of all TV money vanishing forces the hand of these small community clubs, then I will have to assume (as will many other Scottish sports fans) that a) is true and will cancel my sky package immediately.

If sky is threatening to pull money from Scottish Football to pervert the true course of justice, then I will have to withdraw any money I pay to sky. I know that many others will do the same, even if they have not currently made these intentions known.

Best regards,

HanoMaSano

Ric, Gilmour said last night, Lawell was fuming and had met Rangers. He would try everything possible to keep 11-1 vote and stranglehold on revenue. Reading between the lines, Celtic do want Sevco in SPL but cannot say so because their support would revolt.

The problem is it's still "reading between the lines". It's clear Celtic need the duopoly to continue and their continued silence on the matter has only added weight to that fact.

The sad thing after all this is that all I am left with is a bad taste in my mouth, I genuinely don't care what happens to Sevco/Rangers or the SPL and in truth I now just don't care what happens to St Mirren. Football is a sport that I enjoy and the clubs can't take that away from me, but professional football in Scotland is a busted flush and it can whistle...

With all these delays are the beaks at Scottish football just stealthily bringing in summer football for next season? Everything should be sorted for the start of the new summer season in March with any luck.

The problem is it's still "reading between the lines". It's clear Celtic need the duopoly to continue and their continued silence on the matter has only added weight to that fact.

The sad thing after all this is that all I am left with is a bad taste in my mouth, I genuinely don't care what happens to Sevco/Rangers or the SPL and in truth I now just don't care what happens to St Mirren. Football is a sport that I enjoy and the clubs can't take that away from me, but professional football in Scotland is a busted flush and it can whistle...

One of Lawell's first statements when this whole saga begun was that Celtic do not need Rangers, he's making a rod for his own back if thats the case. Celtic supporters have not forgetten that. Believe you me, we will be as pissed off as the rest of you if Celtic were to say yes. I would like to hear something from the club now though, i felt the silence was justified at the start as there was nothing that could be said that was really make any difference in regards to the situation but now with all the stuff being said about Lawell, i think its best Celtic come out a clarify all this.

FTA:

A Sky insider said: “Three years without Rangers while they climb from the Third Division to the SPL would blow the whole deal out of the water.

“If Rangers are kicked out of the SPL, the longest Sky will wait for a return is a year.

“It’s not worth it commercially if it’s going to be longer than 12 months with no Old Firm games.

“Four Old Firm games a season is what Sky export around Britain and the world – that’s what they pay for.

“No Rangers equals no Sky, unless they’re back very soon.

“It’s not about an agenda against one side of the Old Firm, it’s business.”

Apart from the loathsome use of "a Sky insider", I am not sure if Sky now realise they can play a little hardball here (they have been suspiciously quiet up until now).

Spl sell the world wide rights separately IIRC?

One of Lawell's first statements when this whole saga begun was that Celtic do not need Rangers, he's making a rod for his own back if thats the case. Celtic supporters have not forgetten that. Believe you me, we will be as pissed off as the rest of you if Celtic were to say yes. I would like to hear something from the club now though, i felt the silence was justified at the start as there was nothing that could be said that was really make any difference in regards to the situation but now with all the stuff being said about Lawell, i think its best Celtic come out a clarify all this.

You think Doncaster would come and say that pish if celtic were not in agreement. I doubt he cares what Aberdeen or hibs think or hearts.

You think he would disregard the opinion of Celtic of which he must know and is surely banking on.

St mirren statement from last night makes it clear its not just sky that is the deal breaker. SG said that some sponsors will terminate, some will.renegotiate and some will carry on regardless. Clubs not allowed to name individual sponsors.

It seems crazy to me that even when.clubs are coming out and saying that their future is in very real danger still the fans won't listen.

"Sporting integrity" will mean f**k all when your response to rangers' cheating puts your club out of business while rangers still exist.

There has to be a balance between punishment and personal survival.