Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Feck of Regan you are as bad as Doncaster

http://www.scotsman....MWNTa1w.twitter

Edit for getting the link wrong and also they have pulled the page already .... interesting

Rangers newco: 'Big problem for Scottish society' if Rangers plunge to Third Division

Regan: 'There would be a slow lingering death for football in Scotland' (SNS)

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Published on Wednesday 4 July 2012 21:26

SCOTTISH Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has issued a startling warning of "social unrest" in Scotland if newco Rangers are denied entry to the First Division of the Scottish Football League following the emphatic rejection today of their application to retain top-flight football at Ibrox.

Regan's remarkable comment came as he insisted admission to the First Division is now the only viable option if Scottish football wishes to avoid what he described as a "slow, lingering death".

Regan bluntly asserted that Scottish football simply cannot afford to have Rangers outwith the top two tiers of the league structure, with his argument not confined to the commercial impact their absence would have.

"Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society," claimed Regan. "They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don't have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

"Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can't contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren't to exist that could have real dire consequences.

Edited by Johnny Remo

Just seen the RST have slated the SPL clubs for being malicious with the vote and newco must enter the sfl with integrity and start from SFL3.

Entering the SFL at 3rd division level AFTER failing to transfer the oldco SPL share doesn't show integrity. Not even applying for the SPL share in the first place and starting from scratch would though.

The amount of arrogance still coming from this mob amazes me. It should be tails between the legs, begging bowls out and be grateful if they are even accepted into the SFL at any level. Funny thing is though thy still seem to think that they have a choice in all this.

Sooner that big hoose shuts the better. They are nothing but poison.

Laughing at the guy phoning in criticising Falkirk, East Stirling and Stenhousemuir for daring to exist within "couple" of miles from each other!

Then Hugh Keevins says that clubs will fold through natural wastage......eh, wait a minute, it is not these clubs causing the problems! It is like all the folk slagging off the four Angus clubs - we all budget and live within our means! Try it Rangers' apologists!! It is not our clubs that will disappear!!

Having listened to SSB for years I can tell you those calls are very frequent. People would and it seems still fairly often phone up complaining about the lack of competition and claim that merging a load of smaller clubs would be the answer to all problems.

Peter A Smith ‏@PeterAdamSmith

SFA source says Stewart Regan's comments on "social unrest" were not refering to Rangers in First Division but if there was "no Rangers."

Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

Peter A Smith ‏@PeterAdamSmith

SFA source says Stewart Regan's comments on "social unrest" were not refering to Rangers in First Division but if there was "no Rangers."

Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

That Regan statement is horrific. We all know the Orcs are reprobates but a guy in that position can't say it.

Not sure if anyone has pondered this yet. Up until today, Rangers fans came on here and insisted that post-liquidation, it was still the old Rangers, with all the history, all the trophies, and all the nice wee stars above the badge. Have any of them came on here, post-No to newco, and attempted to claim: 'SFL diddy team? Who, us? Nah - that's the newco version....we're still the old Rangers, with all the history, all the trophies, and all the nice wee stars above the badge.'

Maybe... in a parallel universe somewhere... there is an old Rangers. I reckon those Hadron Collider boffins could find the old Rangers if they looked hard enough.

Surely unlikely - isn't this Higgs thing all about Mass?

:ph34r:

If I could just interrupt this for a second. Some of you may have already read this post in the big Rovers thread in the first divison forum, but if not, here it is:

Right, I'm about to head out for the day, but just before I leave I'm going to throw in this idea.

My relationship with the club has been strengthened by their stance over the past few days, and over time that will of course be reflected financially in one way and another. But I know they're tight for cash right away, so I was trying to think of some way of making an immediate and concrete gesture to show my support.

One idea I've come up with - we've got this game at Wick coming up, something myself and a lot of the matchgoing fans are well chuffed about and looking forward to. But for the club it's the worst draw they could have got financially, a significant extra cost they could have done without. So how about we have a whip-round (probably best done via the Trust, or somesuch) to see if we can sponsor that specific cost for them. I'd imagine it'd be in the region of a four figure sum but we can mail the club for costings if need be.

Not only would it help the club, it'd be a very visible demonstration of loyalty and support for their stance, both to the club itself and to the wider world. There's been a fair amount of focus on us this week - and on the relationships between clubs and their supporters more generally. If we were able to do something quickly and tie it directly and explicitly to our support for their stance then it'd be something we could publicise and I expect there are at least some corners of the press would be happy to mention it.

Does that seem like a plausible idea? FanTalk would have been a better place for this, but I don't have an account there. If it looks like it might catch on I'd invite someone to transfer the post across.

Happy to start with a pledge of £100, though I wouldn't be expecting others to put up that much. If enough people could find ten or twenty I'd hope it ought to be doable.

If anyone has any other ideas then please, fire away.

This is the account that the donations are being placed into:

Account Name : Support Rovers

Account Nr: 06025487

Sort Code 80-16-84

I can't really elaborate any more on what Yoss has said, I just thought id pop this into a far wind domain as a few fans of SPL clubs had expressed a wish to donate to this and i assume more of you will read it in here.

Cheers.

#WeAreAllTurnbullHutton

Just seen the RST have slated the SPL clubs for being malicious with the vote and newco must enter the sfl with integrity and start from SFL3.

Entering the SFL at 3rd division level AFTER failing to transfer the oldco SPL share doesn't show integrity. Not even applying for the SPL share in the first place and starting from scratch would though.

The amount of arrogance still coming from this mob amazes me. It should be tails between the legs, begging bowls out and be grateful if they are even accepted into the SFL at any level. Funny thing is though thy still seem to think that they have a choice in all this.

Sooner that big hoose shuts the better. They are nothing but poison.

Think about it

Does it really?

1341434898[/url]' post='6402103']

Rangers newco: 'Big problem for Scottish society' if Rangers plunge to Third Division

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Published on Wednesday 4 July 2012 21:26

SCOTTISH Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has issued a startling warning of "social unrest" in Scotland if newco Rangers are denied entry to the First Division of the Scottish Football League following the emphatic rejection today of their application to retain top-flight football at Ibrox.

Regan's remarkable comment came as he insisted admission to the First Division is now the only viable option if Scottish football wishes to avoid what he described as a "slow, lingering death".

The Scottish Premier League turned down Charles Green's bid to have Rangers' existing share in the organisation transferred to his newco for next season, with ten of the member clubs voting against the application. It is understood Green cast the only vote in favour, while Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston is believed to have abstained.

The SPL will now await the outcome of an SFL meeting next week when that organisation's 30 clubs will vote on a proposal to accept newco Rangers into the First Division in the new season ahead of an amalgamation of the league governing bodies from 2013-14.

There is considerable opposition and resistance to the plan among SFL clubs and their supporters with many believing Rangers should have to apply for entry to the Third Division in the wake of their spectacular financial collapse.

But Regan bluntly asserted that Scottish football simply cannot afford to have Rangers outwith the top two tiers of the league structure, with his argument not confined to the commercial impact their absence would have.

"Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society," claimed Regan. "They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don't have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

"Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can't contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren't to exist that could have real dire consequences.

Not sure general social issues are in regan's remit.

So he's concerned that 50,000 people won't have anything to do every other Saturday. I dunno, cut the grass, a spot of decorating...maybe a bit of volunteering?

WTF has that got to do with his decision? Fuckwit!

Do we have a derogatory nickname for that snake Regan?

Nothing will come close to cockwomble, but we can try.

The Swiney ?

It's OK he can just phone Carter to gie him hauners

Mon tae f'ck. Why has it taken this long to crack a pish joke like that?

3 minutes :ph34r:

:lol:

Social unrest. I don't think we've had that one.

The Thesaurus is taking a hammering recently.

That's an absolutely disgraceful staement to come out with for a man in his position.

Is he really suggesting that clubs should vote 'Yes' to division 1 just to prevent repercussions from 'rangers' fans ?

I despair.