Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cop out? What the f**k is this thread on? If you read the closing statement it says we are against the proposals. Fuxsakes! <_<

Yes, and it's perfectly clear that if the proposals are revised offering further reconstruction Falkirk will quite happily accept Rangers in the second tier.

What they should be saying is that there is absolutely no circumstance where they will vote for Rangers to enter above the bottom tier, as other clubs have, yet both statements since the Sevco to Division One/SPL 2 plans appeared have been littered with caveats making it clear that Falkirk can be persuaded to vote yes.

As for Regan, he was already going to have to go when this is over, but that really is disgraceful. Resignation tomorrow, he has to be out immediately after those comments.

What is wrong with Div 2 btw? Only League they don't want to be in, so stick them there :)

Given the amount of reddies you got for this little gem might I suggest that in future you actualy let your readership know when you are making a funny..............it seems that some just don`t seem to compute wit.

yours,

SLC

Perhaps someone should call a SFA EGM. Regan surely can't pass this bullshit by himself.

Question is how many of the SPL clubs are behind this plan for SPL2/Div1.

I hear it may be the vast majority, although thankfully afc are not one of them

Of course Ritchie says that. First Division clubs would have to be insane to agree to the proposals in their current format.

What he isn't saying is what he should have said. That under no circumstances could Falkirk FC vote for Sevco 5088 to be installed at any level in the SFL other than the bottom division.

What he's saying is that he's quite happy for them to be fired in at the top, as long as the rest of the division gets 60 pieces of silver rather than 30.

It's a total shambles of a statement.

Maybe they're manouevering for regans spl two? I thought that Ritchie was very non commital at hampden.hopeim wrong tho

Of course Ritchie says that. First Division clubs would have to be insane to agree to the proposals in their current format.

What he isn't saying is what he should have said. That under no circumstances could Falkirk FC vote for Sevco 5088 to be installed at any level in the SFL other than the bottom division.

What he's saying is that he's quite happy for them to be fired in at the top, as long as the rest of the division gets 60 pieces of silver rather than 30.

It's a total shambles of a statement.

I read it again just to be sure and i feel their is easily 2 ways of reading it and you're choosing the negative way.

It maybe isn't the best worded statement ever but it lays clean that Falkirk want reconstruction but not in the format on offer.

The important point is that the newco can jump.

Without looking it up, did Regan actually talk about social unrest ?! WTF. That's got naff all to do with the feckin SFA. What are these guys on FFS ?! Just apply the rules. Jesus wept. No wonder we are in meltdown.

Quite.

I'm surprised they didn't name their terms in the statement.

Well they did consciously mention expanding SPL.

Ritchie backed this just before Falkirk went down... with a double split, 8/8 then 4/4/4/4 = 40 games for all... and while it seems unlikely that enough SPL clubs would back a 16-team model, it'd be very interesting to see what Falkirk do if SPL offerred 14-teams next season? Say it was created by 3-up-1-down, served 1-up-1-down with play-offs thereafter, as a compromise for Rangers into SFL1.

you heard it here first

McBookies don't have any odds on who's leaving first.Do they know something we dont???ohmy.gif

They had a price up for either Doncaster or Regan yesterday when i looked but they normally take bets like that down at night and then add them tomorrow. To be fair a week ago they had evens for Rangers to get voted out of the SPL.

Maybe they're manouevering for regans spl two? I thought that Ritchie was very non commital at hampden.hopeim wrong tho

Absolutely. Martin Ritchie has an annual rant about league reconstruction (actually, he didn't talk about it much when we were in the SPL - mmmmm) and Falkirk see this situation as probably the only driver to get what they want.

Which is an enlarged SPL or second prize, an SPL 2 with greater trickle-down. If the board can get that out of this situation, they will allow Sevco in, even if Satan is the owner.

Yes, and it's perfectly clear that if the proposals are revised offering further reconstruction Falkirk will quite happily accept Rangers in the second tier.

I have no idea where you made up that nonsense from.

All it suggests is we've read your proposal and reject it.

Ok Ritchie maybe should've flung in a nothing is acceptable, but your point is way off.

Wondering if regan and doncaster were coached by Gerry ratner on consequences of alienating ur customer base?? Btw the predictive txt on my phone saw rat ...and gave me option of traynor...really is a smartphone!

Edited by Highland Dogma

What will it take to buy the SFL?

Obviously Falkirk and Cowdenbeath have come out rejecting the current proposals without rejecting the premise of Seveco in Division1. So how much do they want and how much are the SPL/SFA willing to give them?

Seriously, I think my hatred for Regan has just exceeded my hate for Cockwomble.

I still can't get my head around his assertions.

A conspiracy theorist might conclude that the duo were a plant to (totally) ruin Scottish football.

My understanding is that what will happen now is that SFA will lead the charge to "save the game".

Regan will come out tomorrow and announce that they are riding to the rescue and that they will broker a deal between SPL and SFL that will bring about major re-construction in return for SevCo parachuting in to SFL 1.

The plan will end up being something like as follows;

Next season 3 promoted from SFL 1 to SPL, 1 relegated

Meaning 14 team SPL in season 2013-2014 and giving SevCo almost a one in three chance of getting promoted back into top flight next year.

Season 2013-2014 would operate with a 6/8 split, this would satisfy Sky in last year of contract as feasibly they could get four OF games (if SevCo have made it up and finished top six).

At end of season 2013-2014 another three clubs promoted, one relegated, giving a 16 team SPL in time for season 2014-2015.

At this point the "new" SKY deal would be ready to kick in but they might decide it wasn't for them. Should hopefully be more competition from the likes of BT Vision established by this point to give them a run for their money.

How the 16 team league would actually operate and what would happen below the SPL in terms of structure I have no idea but this is the SORT of thing that I can see being offered in a bid to win round SFL support for the unpalatable option of SevCo into second tier.

Regan will definitely come out tomorrow and back reform in order to get Sevco into second tier, wait and see !!

Surprised no-one has really commented on this (VT's trolling on the Falkirk statement taking top billing)

What are your sources Div? Or is this an opinion?