Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As a wee tangent - how exactly does this tribunal work? Is it a standing body that's also dealing with other business? Are they meeting regularly with masses of paperwork to consult? Are they lazy and on a healthy retainer?

personally I think it's the lattercool.gif

This thread is now officially the biggest ever seen on P&B I believe, over-taking PTTGOYN and Reasons To Be Cheerful.

Edited by Ludo *1

If you're suggesting whatIi think you are, I would take Dundee supporters every day before 'Rangers' or Celtic supporters. Overwhelming majority of them are sound people. Yes they have a few fuds in their ranks but so does every support including our own.

BTW sectarianism is not and never has been an issue in Dundee.

With one notable exception.

_49172632_melville466.jpg

Does the lack of response to my questions mean that SPL supporters are ok with their clubs threatening and blackmailing SFL clubs.

If this is the case your hypocrisy is unbelievable. What are you going to do about this? Is it to be nothing and congratulating yourselves on dodging the bullet.

Doncaster hasn't done this alone, he has done it with the backing of your clubs.

I do not agree with the possible position my club is taking (as no vote has been cast) but to be told that SPL supporters are boycotting us for possibly giving in to your clubs threats and blackmail is pish. Will you be boycotting your own clubs?

I have already informed my club that I am finished with football if Sevco get into Div 1 regardless of their own position in all of this.

Seems harsh but a lot of us feel this way

FWIW here is the draft of the SGM letter.

It won't make anything clearer but my reading is one vote on part (i) and if that is YES , then a further vote on part (ii)

BUT it could be read as just ONE vote.

The next part simply follows on from that.

It may have been carefully worded to confuse folk after a heavy lunch. Sneaky bastids.

Having said all that, the word 'vote' does not appear anywhere.

Subject: SFL Special General Meeting – Friday, 13th July, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL.

ETA Hopefully someone simply asks ' how many votes?' before they start.

Surely article (iii) should have been the first on the menu. How can newco be voted into the SFL when there is not a vacancy? What happens if they are voted in and the resignation of Dundee or Dunfermline is not approved? Will Newco then have their resignation from the SFL considered so they can move into the SPL?

If it looks like shîte and smells like shîte then it probably is shîte. This is beginning to stink more than ever. Expect Newco to be SPL next season. :angry:

lifted from KDS, but veryyyyyyyyy interesting

9 Jul 2012, 04:32 PM

09999e1d-8e84-44ef-92eb-23ce0ad2a2dc_normal.png
Banned Stockbroker Pritchards, Secretary Craig Whyte, held 120506 shares in RFC under Prism Nominees from 2008 on. To whom did they belong ?

Now , Pritchards into admin as of today...

this is prism ..

Edited by wunfellaff

Does the lack of response to my questions mean that SPL supporters are ok with their clubs threatening and blackmailing SFL clubs.

If this is the case your hypocrisy is unbelievable. What are you going to do about this? Is it to be nothing and congratulating yourselves on dodging the bullet.

Doncaster hasn't done this alone, he has done it with the backing of your clubs.

I do not agree with the possible position my club is taking (as no vote has been cast) but to be told that SPL supporters are boycotting us for possibly giving in to your clubs threats and blackmail is pish. Will you be boycotting your own clubs?

The Press & Media manager at Motherwell posted this on Steelmen Online in response to similar questions.

"I have also read suggestions that because Derek Weir is on the board of the SPL, he would have played some part in the document that was published by STV a few days ago. Well, to copy and paste a reply I added to FirParkCorner earlier:

I think it's worthwhile starting by saying that neither I or the club can comment or put out a statement for every media story or bit of speculation that may turn out in a newspaper or website - certainly not with deadlines that's for sure.

We would be here all day and it would take us away from the job of trying to improve the club in every area which is our main focus.

I can confirm no one from Motherwell Football Club had any input into the production of the document you linked and in fact had not seen it prior it to it being distributed. Furthermore, no one from the club has taken part in any discussion with anyone from the Scottish Football League.

Any discussions between the Scottish FA (SFA), Scottish Premier League (SPL) or Scottish Football League (SFL) would take place between the executives of each organisation. We, as a club, will not be a party to threatening any other club. Regardless of what league they may play in, each club is free to make their own decisions on any issue as they see fit. "

With one notable exception.

_49172632_melville466.jpg

There may be individuals who are inclined towards sectarianism but, gladly, it is not an issue I have ever encountered in Dundee or its surroundings. In fact I was well into my 30's when I experienced an Orange walk for the first time. My wife and I were through in Glasgow for the day and saw one. After a couple of minutes witnessing the triumphalism and obvious bigotry we walked away from the thing disgusted. I pity people brought up in and around communities where this type of behaviour is common practice.

I have already informed my club that I am finished with football if Sevco get into Div 1 regardless of their own position in all of this.

Seems harsh but a lot of us feel this way

Thank you for at least replying, no campaign to withdraw this proposal though.

Scottish football has needed to change for over a decade now. Our national league is run in the west of Scotland for the West of Scotland. The SPL was created to line the pockets of the Old Firm and leave everybody else in relative poverty. Look at our game, compare it to the rest of Europe, it is without doubt the least competitive and worst league in the whole of Europe. Change must happen and it will. With Rangers gone,

Well the west of Scotland teams are not making a good job of getting into and holding onto the spaces in this west of Scotland league you talk about.

When if ever have there only been 1/3 of the league from what would be considered the South/West section in a Ramsdens cup draw?

One slip up by Celtic in one of the cups could see a second season with an all North/East coast final.

As Cosgrove pointed out last week, the press however are all mainly from the west and this may need to reflectto relfect some of the change in the game.

SPL say unable to proceed with double contracts probe til Newco formally agrees to be bound by findings...

6:00pm - 9 Jul 12alextomo

:angry:

I see Alex Thomson is saying that a significant majority of the SFL board are pressing for Division 1 entry. I am sickened by this. Surely, those clubs with representatives on the SFL board should not be allowed to vote?

I am particularly hacked off cause two of the Angus clubs, Brechin and Arbroath, are represented there - and even more so when I see whose these representatives are mad.gif . Can any of the Brechin or Arbroath fans I have seen posting tell me if they have contacted the clubs to voice their dissent at Division 1 and if they have had any response?

There may be individuals who are inclined towards sectarianism but, gladly, it is not an issue I have ever encountered in Dundee or its surroundings. In fact I was well into my 30's when I experienced an Orange walk for the first time. My wife and I were through in Glasgow for the day and saw one. After a couple of minutes witnessing the triumphalism and obvious bigotry we walked away from the thing disgusted. I pity people brought up in and around communities where this type of behaviour is common practice.

Living in the west for over 40 years and not very far from Kilwinning, I have only seen Orange Walks on telly.

And my great gran was into the Elizabethan Star and all that stuff but she resigned at age 90 when she finally realised what they stood for.

I fully agree , I was more having a go at the old Dundee board who fell for the joker that was Melville and the bigot that is McLean.