Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think Uefa and Fifa have had a look at the situation and decided that they dont want to get embroiled in it all as it is that fucked up.

Only if/when scottish football implodes will they maybe step in and deal with it. But I get the feeling that if Scotland was wiped off the map then Uefa/Fifa probably wouldnt notice or really care that much.

And I can't really blame them.

I think Uefa and Fifa have had a look at the situation and decided that they dont want to get embroiled in it all as it is that fucked up.

Only if/when scottish football implodes will they maybe step in and deal with it. But I get the feeling that if Scotland was wiped off the map then Uefa/Fifa probably wouldnt notice or really care that much.

Isn't Andy Roxburgh still one of their high heidyins?

Agree with your point that Scottish football is effed but it is all relative. I'd actually say that the EPL is more fecked. We've got a duopoly, they've got a quadropoly. They've got Chelsea being used as a high-class front for major money-laundering, Man Utd. being used as a toy for one family's megalomania and hubris, Man. City are just a plaything for a sheikh and all the while the suits at Sky are pulling the levers. If that not f*cked up then I don't know what is.

We all know that when the EPL goes PHUT ! (as it surely will), it will make the Spivco fiasco look like a storm in a teacup.

The major issue that needs to be addressed apart from the way the spoils are shared is the West Coast religious mediaevalism. Really makes us look like a 3rd world country. That nettle has to be grasped.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

It's not the mere fact of the SFL having to take a vote - it's the fact that the SPL, having been unable to vote for Newco, are now heavily pressurising the SFL into bailing them out by taking the decision that they were unable to.

(Or at least, the SPL's Chief Executive is applying such pressure. If he's gone off-piste and is acting without the authority of his member clubs then I'd have expected to have heard some of those clubs having something to say about it by now.)

Agreed, the lack of comment from the SPL Clubs in relation to the proposals proves they are behind it.

It's a contractual arrangement, which the SPL are bound to honour.

If the SPL were to refuse to honour their contractual obligations. then the SFL could, quite rightly, take them to court, and if necessary, have the SPL liquidated in the end if they refused to pay up.

I raised this point at our meeting on saturday and was told that there is a clause that says the SPL earn under 7 milion they don't have to pay. Apparently they have earned 3.5 million so the are impementing the clause.

Agreed, the lack of comment from the SPL Clubs in relation to the proposals proves they are behind it.

You are a monotonous little cunt with a shitebag of a chairman. Deal with it.

I raised this point at our meeting on saturday and was told that there is a clause that says the SPL earn under 7 milion they don't have to pay. Apparently they have earned 3.5 million so the are impementing the clause.

You are also gullible.

Edited by Granny Danger

Straight from the statutes of UEFA. Aye right.

e) prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the

regularity of matches or competitions or give rise to the abuse

of football;

f) ensure that sporting values always prevail over commercial

interests;

Regardless of any other reasons (fan pressure etc), the SPL clubs effectively refused the application on the grounds of their own rules. It is now up to the SFL teams to do the same.

I suppose it just needs to be put down to pisspoor reporting, like 99% of this story!

Up to SFL to make that decision whilst under pressure from the SPLClubs to admit them to the 1st Div.

Where is this clause ?

In the TV contract ? In the SPL Handbook ? In the SPL Articles of Association ? In the SFA rules ?

You appear to be the only person saying that this clause exists.

You've been had then.

The real clause will explain where they grabbed that £3million figure from to batter the clubs with.

Fly b*****ds.

Edited by ayrmad

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

Berwick voting D1- their director Brian Porteous has 516 "Rangers" shares. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

I love Tomo but this is absolute bollocks. Board meeting tonight - Porteous been out country - my sources tell me he is in favour of SFL3. Can someone tweet him to ask his sources because if it is that celtic twitter feed it is pure speculation :angry:

alex thomson@alextomoBerwick voting D1- their director Brian Porteous has 516 "Rangers" shares. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Why is this allowed? How can you get a vote when you have shares in the club you are voting about

It's bollocks though - board meeting tonight and my sources tell me he is in favour of SFL3. He fucking better be or that's me finished

I agree with you completely. It's absoltue dereliction of duty from some SFL chairmen and fans to bleat about this being an SPL problem foisted upon them. That is only the case if they vote the wrong way.

The SPL have made their decision. That was the extent of their involvement in this process. They now no longer have a dog in the fight, whether they privately want Newco to be in Div One or not.

The SFL chairmen have a decision to make. It's a simple one, made more difficult by the threats and inducements offered by Reagan and Doncaster. They should stick to their guns.

So said by a fan of a Full Time Club that will be invited to join SPL2 when newco are voted into the 3rd Division.

I would agree with you, if and only if your club state that they along with all the other Full Time SFL teams will refuse the invite into SPL2. Otherwise leave each club to make the decision based on what will be best for them.

I voted for newco to go to the 3rd Division on Saturday but I am now getting pissed off with clubs like yours telling us to stick together, Prove it and say no to SPL2 also.

I appreciate the point but immediately I see 3 problems: firstly, being a fan of 1 club but involved in another isn't proscribed. Secondly, people could be fans even without holding shares. Thirdly, 1 man doesn't automatically equate to the football club.

Baffling. You are aware that football is a business, right? Now, which of the following would you, as a Burger King board member, feel that you would be best publicly divulging / abstaining from?

1. Owning shares in McDonalds
  2. Operating a McDonalds franchise
  3. "Liking" the McDonalds Facebook page
  4. Eating Big Macs

When I was first sat down for an HR meeting on what constituted a conflict of interest, I thought that it was generally pretty common-sense stuff. Maybe that's not the case?

Edited by Thumper

It be difficult to disagree with your perception PTJ. However, the fact that Rangers used players who had been given dual-contracts cheated several European clubs and not just Scottish clubs during a 12 year period may make UEFA think again, especially if any of those European clubs officially complain to UEFA. Rangers committed fraud to get to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008 and in all the Europen competitions that they played in during those 12 years. The money that Rangers collected in all the competitions that they played in during those 12 years using dual-contracted players totals scores of millions of pounds that should have been collected by other Scottish and European clubs. huh.gif

Their wee forum vote on who they'd like to see liquidated next had AFC and Dundee Utd way out front and Celtic not mentioned. Kinda cute really, fine line between love and hate and all that.

That's the kind of realism that Craigy Burley admires. Twa cheeks, wan erse.

BBC Radio 5 live

On last night's Monday Night Club on 5 live, former Scotland international Pat Nevin feared that Rangers being demoted to Scottish Division Three would lead to TV companies withdrawing their backing of the Scottish game.

"If that happens not only does it, I'm going to choose my words carefully here, destroy some of the clubs in the upper reaches of the SPL, I'm thinking particularly of Kilmarnock, but the money from those deals trickles all the way down to the first, second and third division and it could put any of those teams into administration as well."