Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There is no change to rule 5. It simply says there will be three divisions of 10. It says nothing about how they are constituted. There is nothing in the rules to prevent any club being voted in to division one

I stated originally that this would be required in Sevco are voted in without Dun* resigning. This would then give 31 and 3 * 10 != 31

Is it not on record that the SFA would veto any move to put Rangers in the SPL?

At least two clubs claimed that Regan said this in a previous meeting. He denied it publicly. Even if he did say it, he would have been talking about the transfer of membership. Im sure he could try and convince us all that accepting a new application was different <_<

I wish his worries were as groundless as you're making out Mr X. Take a look at the Queens thread on the 2nd Division Board. It links to an interview with Davie Rae in which he says the financial realities mean Rangers have to go to the 1st.

Now I know that Rae's no longer on the board, but he reminds us that he's the majority shareholder and says that Hewitson sees it the same way and he expects us to vote for the 1st division option.

It's not proof positive, but it's a very clear indication of where we're heading and it's disgusting.

To be honest, I hadnt read all of Raes interview when I posted that - I got about two paragraphs in and gave up!

I didnt say his worries were groundless, apologies if what I said implied that. All I said, is there has been no official announcement, which remains the case

My money is on the SFL rejecting Rangers in the First Division and the SPL then going with 11 teams next season

And how on Earth is that going to work with the split? Ssides in the top part will play a different number of games to those in the bottom section. Can they abandon the split in the space of a few weeks? Hopefully not as it's one of the few things that prevents a mid-table borefest towards the end of the season imo.

So today's decision will determine to future of Scottish football:

Vote NO = a vote for sporting integrity and a start at readdressing the issues that have hindered Scottish football for many years.

or

Vote YES = Scottish football consists of Celtic & Rangers (Servco 2012 FC) only and a National team largely ignored by the vast majority of the Scottish population.

or am I being too melodramatic ?

You do know that it will be the seven man SFL board who decide if they play in SFL1 or SFL3, right? It does`nt matter how many clubs would like to say NO as the matter has been taken out of their hands.

Which is why the clubs have to vote no to resolution 2. Because they don't have enough information to vote for it

Well, how about we start with information regarding the various legal issues to be resolved, and whether Sevco Scotland validly hold the 'Rangers FC' SPL share? There is also little information, never mind legal commitments with the ongoing financing of Sevco Scotland.

Let's not pretend it's all straightforward. That said, a practical approach is required, and that might mean taking a decision on limited information. It's all going to be another balls-up if Sevco are admitted to the SFL, and then HMRC decides that all the tax debts transfer too (which is a possibility, the likelihood of which I can't say without more information).

What's that coming over the hill, is it a taxman?8)

fkn hope so

My money is on the SFL rejecting Rangers in the First Division and the SPL then going with 11 teams next season thus allowing the SPL to bring Rangers back next season in an enlarged SPL.

This will also allow the SPL to retain their sponsors, TV money, etc for the following season on the basis that Rangers will only be missing for a season

Aye right - and the SPL clubs will be have multiple orgasms over the thought of match free Saturdays.

They voted to a man (apart from Killie's chairman, who has shares in Rangers) to kick Rangers out, why the hell would they stay 11 clubs for a season in the hope that Sevco5088 gets its s**t together in time for season 2013/14 and hasn't in the meantime gone to the wall and its assets sold by Green? Pretty massive gamble to take.

No, they booted out Rangers because they realised they were more trouble than they were worth, and all the financial predictions of doom didn't cut it, least of all from a Cockwomble with a history of exaggeration and hyperbolic "armageddon for all clubs" scenarios from his time at Norwich City when the subject of TV packages and football were concerned.

You are talking shite. I pity people like you that believe all the bullshit you read in the tabloids and don't have the common sense to follow the wider debate that is taking place.

No he's not. If the clubs vote yes to resolution 2 then it will be up to the sfl board.

Charles Green says it is time for 'vilification and persecution' to end: http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

Charles Green has called for clarity over where Rangers newco will play this season.

vilification: smear: slanderous defamation.

persecution: the act or practice of persecuting on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs that differ from those of the persecutor.

Charles Green is accusing people of vilifying and persecuting "Rangers"? a club who along with many members of its supporters vilified and persecuted everyone who is not and was not one of them for most of its history!

dry.gif Accusing everyone else of doing what "Rangers" do ... this man is as funny as Craig Whyte and David Murray were! laugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

So today's decision will determine to future of Scottish football:

Vote NO = a vote for sporting integrity and a start at readdressing the issues that have hindered Scottish football for many years.

or

Vote YES = Scottish football consists of Celtic & Rangers (Servco 2012 FC) only and a National team largely ignored by the vast majority of the Scottish population.

or am I being too melodramatic ?

I don't see it quite like that. I see today as another milestone but there's a long way to go and several other battles ahead if things are truly going to change for the better. A NO vote will help but it's what happens after that that counts.