Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The smaller SFL clubs are "little more than social clubs for their communities" according to the Hutt today.

Oddly, when I read that - I took the "little more than" out and saw it as a positive way to describe diddy clubs. Even the smallest diddy club does something that Rangers could not - and that is add something positive to their community. All Rangers have done is sucked supporters and money out of these towns whereas the local football team puts something in.

The whole thing is beyond a joke .McCoist and Green should not be there. They were not allowed last week when the SPL had their vote. This week they are addressing the meeting as if they are going to tell the truth.

I just hope clubs hold their nerve

Oddly, when I read that - I took the "little more than" out and saw it as a positive way to describe diddy clubs. Even the smallest diddy club does something that Rangers could not - and that is add something positive to their community. All Rangers have done is sucked supporters and money out of these towns whereas the local football team puts something in.

I took it the same way. It's a compliment, certainly not a negative thing. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way though.

Sounds like you and I are the only ones who think this is going to end with the good guys winning.

He plagiarised that from Craig Burley.

Sir Alex, while at AFC, called the lower division teams "social clubs with football teams attached". Oh how we laffed!!! Thought that wrong at the time, bring back the tail wagging the dog!

Excellent post. Stopping going to scottish football (SFL level and above anyway) shouldn't mean any need to lose all interest in trying to change the game. If the game collapses as a result of fans not being listened to, we need to be there to create a game out of the ashes of it. The fight will go on long after we may have abandoned bothering going to the games.

Agree.

If it does go belly up there will be even more need for forums (fora?) like this one :guns

at the thought of appearing uneducated in the ways of ayr/killie etc

wtf is WFAANW????ohmy.gif

Won fcuk all and never willsad.gif

Where's my sparrows' wings.smile.gif

Edited by ayrmad

You forget the diddy clubs are not the peepul

Perhaps without busloads of gloryhunting fuckwits leaving their own "communities" every saturday, Scottish football would be in much better nick. Traynor's days are numbered.

Alex Thomson has showed him what being a journalist is all about. In fact, Traynor shouldn't appear anywhere near that word.

c**t.

Very simple solution - stop buying his paper and stop listening to his radio shows . In fact no one posting on here should ever buy a Record or Sun again as they have been shown up for what they are in this whole episode. I stopped buying a paper years ago and pick up a Metro on the train. No opinion, no agenda just reporting the sports news the way it should be and it's free to boot.

brian mclauchlin@BBCBMcLauchlin SFA will issue a statement after the decision is made by SFL clubs. Keep up to date on http://bbc.co.uk/sportscotland

Retweeted by Liam McLeod Expand Collapse

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifstv announced that about 2hrs ago ,keep up to date indeed !!!