Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He can hint that I'm having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Rachel Stevens tonight, it wouldn't mean that it's true.

These clubs are not a bunch of altruists. They're making decisions based on what's best for them, financially. It's easy for Clyde to say they're taking the moral highground when, as far as they're concerned, they're voting in favour of having two money-spinning ties against Rangers next season. And it's easy for Raith to vote no when, as far as they're concerned, they'd be a candidate for an SPL2 as a result. It's not easy, however, for QoS or Stenny to vote no when they gain nothing from doing so.

As for fan power... going on forums and venting frustration by going "that's it, i'm done" means nothing to the clubs. They know full well that crowds will be about the same, no matter what. Fans will still come through the gates. They might complain, they might protest against their chairman, but they'll still pay to do so. The TV deals are what matters most to them - guaranteed money, and it's financially stupid not to aim for the best deal possible. That's why the SPL got formed in the first place.

Ffs if they were brave enough to stand up to fans the votes would have gone a different way. TV money pales in comparison to empty stadia and pie stands. Suits are painted into a corner

Listening to the First Minister of Scotland and now the detailed clips from Longmuir's press conference, I don't see what Regan/Doncaster can do now... It sounds like the boat has conclusively sailed.

Suicide pact!

Another blow to SPL2 plans...

... Alex Salmond says Third Division is right decision, any changes going forward should be a 42-club solution, and the Government will "put its shoulder to the wheel" if so.

Politicians should not be involved in football in any way whatsoever. His office as first minister should leave well alone

Fat Eck should support Scottish Fitba by taking hospitality packages by the SNP at all 42 clubs. Labour, Lib Dems and Tories should do likewise

Sling your insults elsewhere, fannybaws.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4040

well predicted. dry.gif

Im pleased at that as I have a few mates who stay through that way and it means I can go through when Falkirk play, watch the football and have a few pints with them :)

Yorkston: Stewart Reagan was basically saying vote them into SFL1

Reporter: What reaction did Reagan get?

Yorkston: Nothing you can show on the telly!

Excellent. Reagan's position is untenable. Get him tae f***.

Edited by Hedgecutter

First question from Rob MacLean - "Tom English, has Scottish football cut it's own throat ?"

That was enough for me. Off button sought.

BBC c*nto's still not getting it. :angry: MacLean is a shite presenter.

I'll wait for OTB tomorrow. Time to crack open the first of tonight's wine - and for those wishing to know, it's a 2011 Black Stump Durif Shiraz (S.E. Oz), nicked from the wife's secret stash.

:unsure:

It's not too bad to be honest.

SPL meeting Monday :unsure:

Charles Paterson of Sky just Tweeted that the possible re-admittance of Rangers newco into the SPL is also on the agenda. As is talk of an SPL 2.

Politicians should not be involved in football in any way whatsoever. His office as first minister should leave well alone

Fat Eck should support Scottish Fitba by taking hospitality packages by the SNP at all 42 clubs. Labour, Lib Dems and Tories should do likewise

I do hospitality on occasion. If I get stuck next to some fucking politicians in the future I am blaming you. I speak as a former fucking politician.