Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Applications for associate membership - or for transfer of full membership - are the Board's domain. However, it's clear in Regan's leaked E-mail and the compromise document this isn't a problem... anyway, if it is, what happens? Rangers nowhere?

Not going to happen of course, but I think it's important that it gets the blessing of all SFA clubs, simply on principle as no others were allowed to bid for the vacancy. Otherwise Sevco will always be known as the club that are only there cos the rules were bent.

Unsure if it's been mentioned earlier but according to our guys on the Div 2 Forum, Brechin voted 'No' in the end.

smile.gif

At this rate we'll find that the Yes votes were done by big boys who did it and ran away.

Not ignoring it just dont see it being possible. Longmuir hinted strongly that it was a non runner. Realistically no matter how many spl chairmen might want it but there is no chance of selling it to fans! The Pandora's box of fan power can't be shut on a whim

I gave someone else a Green dot just before reading this and I am now out.

You are spot on. The next pish havering, Traynor and Regan believing, idiotic Sun buying cunt who comes on here an spouts this negative pish about the SFA or SPL2 is going to get a visit from me in the early hours of the morning.

It will not be a nice experience for them.

The Twitter rumours about ICT panicking have turned out to be true :(

http://www.highland-...ll-13072012.htm

Mr Cameron added: "None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today’s meeting for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years.

"But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.

Brilliant :(:angry:

"Our conspiracy has failed. What will we do now?"

Can't believe he's come out with this.

No sympathy for Inverness, they've delighted in sticking it up older established clubs as they've climbed the leagues. If they haven't got the resource to compete in the SPL, then i'm sure they'll find their level.

We're in a new era here and clubs must live within their means with the support of their fan base.

I have to agree with this, if my club has to drop down in level then so be it, I can't help but think this is the start of the propaganda machine rolling for voting Sevco into the SPL. Terry Butcher was quoted this week as wanting to sign two new players, sell who you need to Terry and start looking around the Highland League, there will be some uncut diamonds and journeymen in there. If you're a good manager you'll find them, if not get your resignation in early so we can have Pele do it for us.

Not ignoring it just dont see it being possible. Longmuir hinted strongly that it was a non runner. Realistically no matter how many spl chairmen might want it but there is no chance of selling it to fans! The Pandora's box of fan power can't be shut on a whim

He can hint that I'm having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Rachel Stevens tonight, it wouldn't mean that it's true.

These clubs are not a bunch of altruists. They're making decisions based on what's best for them, financially. It's easy for Clyde to say they're taking the moral highground when, as far as they're concerned, they're voting in favour of having two money-spinning ties against Rangers next season. And it's easy for Raith to vote no when, as far as they're concerned, they'd be a candidate for an SPL2 as a result. It's not easy, however, for QoS or Stenny to vote no when they gain nothing from doing so.

As for fan power... going on forums and venting frustration by going "that's it, i'm done" means nothing to the clubs. They know full well that crowds will be about the same, no matter what. Fans will still come through the gates. They might complain, they might protest against their chairman, but they'll still pay to do so. The TV deals are what matters most to them - guaranteed money, and it's financially stupid not to aim for the best deal possible. That's why the SPL got formed in the first place.