Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Someone did it 30 or so pages back, but after today, if you re-visit the first post on this thread, I got it spectacularly wrong.

Mind you, this was based on a long, long list of football clubs who seemingly played the 'administration card' as a way to debt-dodge and take a short-term hit, before emerging stronger 'going forward'.

If everyone else survived, I thought they would. They still might.

And if you visit the 2nd post on this thread. I got it almost spectacularly right. I say 'almost' as I mentioned them wiggling off the hook, on hindsight I don't know why as everything else I said in the post was the polar opposite of them wiggling off the hook.

It's not.

Turriff/Formartine were granted associate membership in February but didn't get (Entry) license until a couple of months later, e.g. see article below.

Criteria are similar but not whollly identical.

http://www.formartin...icle?newsid=189

And it's the criteria here that is the important aspect. I have seen the SFA Associate Membership criteria and it is very similar to the lower ends of Club Licencing as the latter was pretty much built on the former. Sevco do not, by all accounts, meet the financial requirements.

The Licencing Committee awards Associate Membership. Teams not likely to comply with it will not get Associate Membership. The two are being linked.

Edited by Jim Leighton

Seems no one here yet has caught this latest instalment on the BBC....finally, the massive redundancy programme will start at Rangers.

The only chance a 3rd division 'Rangers' have is to fire away. If only they'd done this four months back maybe they could have survived this...now, it's a last desperate gamble.

Edited by Cobardon

Man, the shit keeps coming. Thought it would quieten down after today but no. If Green accepts sanctions so that Rangers keep their history does this mean they are then obliged to pay their creditors?

Edited by Stagmaster

And it's the criteria here that is the important aspect. I have seen the SFA Associate Membership criteria and it is very similar to the lower ends of Club Licencing as the latter was pretty much built on the former. Sevco do not, by all accounts, meet the financial requirements.

Quite probably - my point was simply that people are forever saying "look the licensing pack says" XYZ but until a copy of the current criteria for Associate Membership is known it's only supposition.

It's also worth noting that (way back in this saga) SFA clarified to one of the broadsheets that what financial criteria there would be for a new club is 'discretionary'*.

*although one suspects there's a catch-all somewhere making anything discretionary

However in any scenario where Green's trying to dodge sanctions, you doubt they'd be particularly open to exercising discretion, although again that can only be supposition.

1342468006[/url]' post='6437696']

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO‏@DEVILSADVOKAT

...rest assured that the US has no holds on prosecuting anyone regardless of whether they hold the office

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO‏@DEVILSADVOKAT

..of President or pawn." GIOVANNI DI STEFANO

pbw.png

Roll up, roll up! Wagers for the next SPL Club to go in to administration please.. Roll up roll up!

The thing is a SPL club going into administration is not such a bad thing a cheeky wee CVA and a 10 point deduction then you go on your merry way. The only way you could cock this up is if you pissed off the tax man and nobody is that daft.

do you think this was regans saving grace ?

head out sand, removed from rangers collective arse, read what the fans are saying about boycots and keeping history and shrugging off debt etc..

and just stuck the boot right in the sacks. either accept we are in cherge or admit you are newco and drop the 'history'

fucking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :D

do you think this was regans saving grace ?

head out sand, removed from rangers collective arse, read what the fans are saying about boycots and keeping history and shrugging off debt etc..

and just stuck the boot right in the sacks. either accept we are in cherge or admit you are newco and drop the 'history'

fucking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :D

He's probably fucked off with Green for standing in front of the SFL meeting and telling them he was promised Div 1.

Three more leaving.

Apparently with Green's blessing - this is a far cry from his previous attitude.

Time up update the squad list

From the Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/first-team

Goalkeepers

1. Allan Mcgregor Gone

25. Neil Alexander

30. Scott Gallagher

Defenders

4. Kirk Broadfoot

2. Dorin Goian Going

12. Lee Wallace

18. Carlos Bocanegra Going

32. Ross Perry

37. Chris Hegarty

Midfielders

6. Lee McCulloch

7. Maurice Edu Going

14. Steven Naismith Gone

17. Juan Palazon Ortiz Gone

19. Sone Aluko Gone

21. Alejandro Bedoya

26. Jamie Ness Gone

35. Kyle Hutton

40. andrew Mitchell

41. Rhys McCabe Gone

58. Lewis McDonald

Strikers

11. Kyle Lafferty Gone

28. Salim Kerkar - contract up, training but not signed up

38. Kane Hemmings

Edited by Enrico Annoni

The thing is a SPL club going into administration is not such a bad thing a cheeky wee CVA and a 10 point deduction then you go on your merry way. The only way you could cock this up is if you pissed off the tax man and nobody is that daft.

The rules were changed to the points decision EITHER 10 points OR one-third of your previous season's total, whichever is larger, so it would have a fairly big effect on any SPL club now.

Time up update the squad list

From the Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/first-team

Goalkeepers

1. Allan Mcgregor Gone

25. Neil Alexander

30. Scott Gallagher

Defenders

4. Kirk Broadfoot

2. Dorin Goian Going

12. Lee Wallace

18. Carlos Bocanegra Going

32. Ross Perry

37. Chris Hegarty

Midfielders

6. Lee McCulloch

7. Maurice Edu Going

14. Steven Naismith Gone

17. Juan Palazon Ortiz Gone

19. Sone Aluko Gone

21. Alejandro Bedoya

26. Jamie Ness Gone

35. Kyle Hutton

40. andrew Mitchell

41. Rhys McCabe Gone

58. Lewis McDonald

Strikers

11. Kyle Lafferty Gone

28. Salim Kerkar - contract up, trainning but not signed up

38. Kane Hemmings

Are they still signing Ian Black? My hall and bathroom could do with a lick of paint if they're not.

Quite probably - my point was simply that people are forever saying "look the licensing pack says" XYZ but until a copy of the current criteria for Associate Membership is known it's only supposition.

It's also worth noting that (way back in this saga) SFA clarified to one of the broadsheets that what financial criteria there would be for a new club is 'discretionary'*.

*although one suspects there's a catch-all somewhere making anything discretionary

However in any scenario where Green's trying to dodge sanctions, you doubt they'd be particularly open to exercising discretion, although again that can only be supposition.

Despite what the Formartine news story says, I was under the impression that Associate Membership of SFA now equalled entry to the Club Licencing programme. The SFA's own news story from Feb 3rd says:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=9263

The Highland League clubs both made successful applications through the Licensing Committee and, after both submissions were ratified by the Scottish FA Board

and...

Both clubs now fall under the club licensing system. As a result, they will be able to access the Scottish FA’s annual performance-related fee payments and be eligible to apply for Scottish Football Partnership funding for ground improvements.

I don't see how you can 'fall under the club licensing system' if you're not in it.