Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see Papac has retired, did he TUPE over? If so, that'll be a healthy saving on the wage bill.

His contract expired at the end of the season so no savings there.........

Guest Kincardine

If McMoist is correct and Sevco are short of bodies and need to brin in '4 or 5 players' as he said after scraping a draw with Berwick, then why has he allowed Broadfoot (admittedly not naturally gifted) to go from the squad? I could demand clarity etc but that would be pointless.

If I was a Sevco fan I would be nervous of de-javu.

See my later post for comments.

Edited by Kincardine

So you're posting on the thread but clearly haven't paid a blind bit of notice to it.

Players like Broadfoot took a 75% cut in wages. The quid pro quo (That is Latin. A simple translation for you thick-as-f**k wankers from Ayrshire is 'tit-for-tat". The basic deal was that they saw out the end of last season then could leave at a price much reduced by their original contract.

This has been explained many, many times.

Shitey wee areholes like you may, "Demand clarity etc" but the clarity was actually given months ago.

Please learn to read before you post shite.

Sorry Kincardine but that is far from the full story. Problem is none of us know the truth. If he had been sold then 'yes' it would be at a reduced price as per the agreement, but he hasn't, and it is doubtfull the release clause would be 'zero' as he has picked up a couple of months (of back to the original) wages with no return for the club.

So we are left with 2 options, he either bought himself out,unlikely, or McCoist punted him with a big payoff to get him off the wage bill. This would free up £££ to get in umpteen replacements if possible afore Friday.

Guest Kincardine

McCoist punted him with a big payoff to get him off the wage bill. This would free up £££ to get in umpteen replacements if possible afore Friday.

Makes no sense either. Punting him with, "a big payoff to get him off the wage bill" is bizarre. We'd as well off, 'playing him and paying him'.

Broadfoot had a cheap option to leave. The sane opinion is that he's exercising this.

So you're posting on the thread but clearly haven't paid a blind bit of notice to it.

Players like Broadfoot took a 75% cut in wages. The quid pro quo (That is Latin. A simple translation for you thick-as-f**k wankers from Ayrshire is 'tit-for-tat". The basic deal was that they saw out the end of last season then could leave at a price much reduced by their original contract.

Shitey wee areholes like you may, "Demand clarity etc" but the clarity was actually given months ago.

Ok Kinky,

now I have tried to be objective and have rarely (if ever) abused anyone on this thread.

Now my point was not that Broadfoot has left/ going to leave. It was that if McCoist needs to get in '4 or 5 players' as he said after the sorry performance against Berwick, then why is he allowing a player who is a seasoned professional and has rangers in his heart (and across his neck), to leave? Broadfoot is by no means a first team regular but as a squad player he is an asset, will the next journeyman?

What I am saying is something doesn't add up.

Personal abuse is for the emotionally incompetent.

Ok Kinky,

now I have tried to be objective and have rarely (if ever) abused anyone on this thread.

Now my point was not that Broadfoot has left/ going to leave. It was that if McCoist needs to get in '4 or 5 players' as he said after the sorry performance against Berwick, then why is he allowing a player who is a seasoned professional and has rangers in his heart (and across his neck), to leave? Broadfoot is by no means a first team regular but as a squad player he is an asset, will the next journeyman?

It's been pointed out to you already, it's in his contract if he wants to leave then he can for a pre set amount.

Surely having transfered over he became a newco employee , is he registered as a Sevco Rangers player then whatever contract he signed will have to be honoured.

Makes no sense either. Punting him with, "a big payoff to get him off the wage bill" is bizarre. We'd as well off, 'playing him and paying him'.

Broadfoot had a cheap option to leave. The sane opinion is that he's exercising this.

So who would pay to to do that ? A new club? Hasn't been sold. Himself? No, as you say he would do a Bobo as its known.

Which leaves the club itself. I think he had a year left, so say, ''take a 6 month payoff and find yourself a new club'' sounds plausible. It would free up 6 months of his wages to try and entice several players in on a more realistic wedge.

The club is hardly cash rich, and will have little income coming in after the last of the season ticket money is paid in October????? so they need to have the free cash now.

It's been pointed out to you already, it's in his contract if he wants to leave then he can for a pre set amount.

Who pays this pre set amount?

The cash crisis at Sevco has intensified with Kirk Broadfoot being told to leave the club.

Broadfoot and Lee McCulloch were the longest serving players at Rangers who TUPE’d their contracts over to Sevco but has now been told that he has no future at Ibrox.

Despite the flood of season ticket sales triggered by some carefully chosen soundbites from Charles Green the reported £10m of money raised falls way short of the sum required to see the club through till the end of the season.

The running costs of Ibrox and Murray Park plus the second most expensive coaching staff in Scotland eats up more than half the sum raised from season tickets.

Green has found little enthusiasm from the Scottish business community for his grand plan with talk of three billionaires investing in the club falling ominously quiet.

Plans for a share issue to supporters are believed to be underway but with little information about Green’s backers and their intentions, attempts to sell shares in the lead up to Christmas could prove much harder than selling season tickets.

Faced with the reality of income against outgoings Green has had no option but to cut the wage bill. Despite having the transfer ban lifted last month the club wage bill has decreased with the departures of Dorin Goian, Alejandro Bedoya and the likely exit of Maurice Edu more than covering the cost of six new signings.

The loss of Broadfoot will seriously undermine McCoist’s defensive options with captain Carlos Bocanegra also likely to depart.

Bocanegra has ambitions to play for the USA at the next World Cup finals in Brazil but is well aware that he is unlikely to achieve that playing lower division football in Scotland.

wink.gif

Guest Kincardine

Ok Kinky,

I apologise for calling you, 'a wee fanny'. That was a wrong thing to say and I've no justification for it looking back on your posts.

I withdraw the remark without reservation.

Broadfoot has a get-out in his contract (since he took his wage reduction).

I think we'd all like to keep him - he obviously makes a great deal of effort - but it looks like he has a better offer. Given the revised contracts post-admin guys like Broadfoot are in the driving seat however-much we'd like to keep them.

I've edited my previous comment.

Thank you Bennett for a reasoned reply.

Do you know if he asked to go or was he told he wasn't in McCoist's plans?

If its the first then fair enough. If its the second then I am surprised.

Edited by mps02

http://www.google.co...01346088155818A

:rolleyes: Ok Campbell, we believe you.

Tell us about your EBT?

His quotes can be taken at face value without dispelling the conspiracy theories anyway. No-one is suggesting reconstruction has only risen it's head since July - nor that Rangers would be lifted right back into SPL. Equally, there's unsurprising suspicion that some parties will suddenly back a model which conveniently gets Rangers back ASAP, and wish to adopt it mid-season and apply it in May.

I apologise for calling you, 'a wee fanny'. That was a wrong thing to say and I've no justification for it looking back on your posts.

I withdraw the remark without reservation.

Broadfoot has a get-out in his contract (since he took his wage reduction).

I think we'd all like to keep him - he obviously makes a great deal of effort - but it looks like he has a better offer. Given the revised contracts post-admin guys like Broadfoot are in the driving seat however-much we'd like to keep them.

I've edited my previous comment.

Respect. Takes big yins to man up like that.

Guest Kincardine

That's what I should have said in the first place!

Thank you Bennett for a reasoned reply.

Do you know if he asked to go or was he told he wasn't in McCoist's plans?

If its the first then fair enough. If its the second then I am surprised.

No idea, i'd only be guessing.