Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've posted in this forum since last November i believe, more or less everyday. Part of the problem was with this thread especially was when it was still in the SPL forum, any post by a Rangers fan was shot down with the usual "get oot oor forum, this isnae fur u" etc type posts.

Really anything by a Rangers fan wa shot down in the early days of admin, no matter what the point was.

For clarification - I was only talking about this particular thread in its various guises and locations.

:lol: :lol: Yes you did, after a while one does get sick of being attached to the zombies by association .. .. I also hereby apologise to you personally for getting your intention so badly wrong ... ;)

No need to apologise, but I'm wondering now which was the trigger on the raw nerve, that you're worried about financial stability.........or you don't consider yourselves SPL material? :) .

Edited by Happy Buddie

I've posted in this forum since last November i believe, more or less everyday. Part of the problem was with this thread especially was when it was still in the SPL forum, any post by a Rangers fan was shot down with the usual "get oot oor forum, this isnae fur u" etc type posts.

Really anything by a Rangers fan wa shot down in the early days of admin, no matter what the point was.

I don't think this is fair. No doubt Rangers fans have taken plenty of abuse, and that's hardly surprising given what your club have been getting up to over the previous decade.

Nonetheless, any Rangers supporter who fully accepted that -

- Predictions of a worst-case administration/liquidation scenario were obviously accurate;

- That there was nobody to blame for that situation except your then-current and previous owners and your ostrich-like fans and that

- The other clubs did everything possible to keep Rangers alive, in as high a division as possible...

...Wouldve got a fair hearing.

Of course, any Rangers fans who spent the era insisting that Rangers would never die; that Rangers' death wasn't Rangers' fault and raving about SFA/SPL conspiracies, they got the piss taken out of them.

Mind you, I don't think I've seen a single example of the first type of Rangers supporter during the administration era. Maybe that explains why fans of other clubs haven't been receptive to RFC supporters' comments?

Seems reasonable to me.

1351174113[/url]' post='6745360']

Well done Dundee Utd ... let's hope all SPL clubs can manage the same.

And United chairman Stephen Thompson feels the Scottish Premier League is "thriving" despite Rangers' absence.

This season's top flight is the first not to feature the Ibrox side, who were relaunched and placed in Division Three following financial problems.

"It has not had a huge effect on us I must be honest," he told BBC Scotland.

"It's certainly not had the Armageddon scenario that was predicted. In fact we had a game here on Saturday versus Aberdeen, I thought it was a great atmosphere, open football, a great game and a great advert for Scottish football.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

And United chairman Stephen Thompson feels the Scottish Premier League is "thriving" despite Rangers' absence.

This season's top flight is the first not to feature the Ibrox side, who were relaunched and placed in Division Three following financial problems.

"It has not had a huge effect on us I must be honest," he told BBC Scotland.

"It's certainly not had the Armageddon scenario that was predicted. In fact we had a game here on Saturday versus Aberdeen, I thought it was a great atmosphere, open football, a great game and a great advert for Scottish football.

:lol::lol:

but, but, but...we were promised Armageddon :angry: Don't tell me the SFA. SPL, SFL and the MSM are full of liars/incompetents? :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum has not been going since last November and there's a good possibility it will be unneeded before the end of this November.

1351181399[/url]' post='6745662']

I'd like to know what Rangers did to him prior to him taking over, as he seems hell bent on taking them out of the game totally!

Promised him a fat pay off down the line , now are trying to stiff him except Craig's boy has a few aces up his sleeves.

To June...

But nonetheless very positive figures up until June. Since which time they have (in their own words) seen "a significant increase in season ticket sales", and the average so far this season is up on last season's overall average; reduced their debt an additional £225k in July; and "made progress in significantly reducing its overall wage costs and this will be reflected in the next financial statements". Cutting debt from £5.5M to £3.9M will also save money.

They've also been able to remove the 'note of going concern' that was needed in previous accounts, on top of which their chairman has said regarding Rangers demise:

"It has not had a huge effect on us I must be honest," he told BBC Scotland. "It's certainly not had the Armageddon scenario that was predicted. In fact we had a game here on Saturday versus Aberdeen, I thought it was a great atmosphere, open football, a great game and a great advert for Scottish football. "Things move on in the world.

In short, things certainly appear healthy, without any sound of fear about struggling to keep going.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'm happy for you to prove me wrong but my recollection of this thread is that Kincardine and Bearwithme had a few decent things to say and the two No8's posted semi-regularly between medication but I always thought yourself and those two roasters Tedi and Bendaroch started your regular posting in here round about the start of the season. I certainly don't remember Rangers fans being suspicious of D and P and getting shot down or red dotted for this. Just my hazy recollection like and not particularly important anyhoo.

Now, that's my recollection as well - with the addition of Knightswood Bear. They were lapping up everything that came out of ibrox, and treated every chancer with a suit like the Chosen One. Laughing their little cocks off at the hardships and elimination our wee clubs were facing. All because we had "victimised" their poor wee "institution". Well hell mend them.

Bennett won't be able to prove you wrong. I'm not even going to accuse him of lying this time - he's just making this statement in the hope that no-one can be arsed in checking the entire thread. A bit like his "I never said I was leaving P&B"......laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It's one of the strongest Stereotype Reinforcers on here that Tedi and Bendarroch were nowhere to be seen before Charlie's Travelling Players got a licence to play, and since then they've been two of the most idiotic posters on this thread. I doubt we'll be seeing much of them after Christmas.