Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've got an idea. Lock the thread until a new incident comes to light. Because usually when something big happens, it's more than just the total throbbers coming in and pointing and laughing. What's going on right now doesn't even come remotely close to discussion. The last it did was when Henrik's Tongue came out with that list of questions.

Accept the verdict? Will sevco/oldco/newco or will they appeal? Is it only the orcs who have a right to not accept a verdict? This is why Scottish fitba has turned against sevco. Double standards beyond belief.

The right of appeal is there for all, it's something we should never take for granted. Every team has the same rights.

I thought that the whole of Scottish football was busy trying to build bridges and it was us who turned against Scottish football © Jum Spence. Thanks for clearing that up.

I've got an idea. Lock the thread until a new incident comes to light. Because usually when something big happens, it's more than just the total throbbers coming in and pointing and laughing. What's going on right now doesn't even come remotely close to discussion. The last it did was when Henrik's Tongue came out with that list of questions.

It was Rico not the craicster who scoured the internet for that list, so give rico some credit

Benny, did you hear wee Ross the Juve & rangers fan on the Clyde podcast (about 37mins in) Wednesday night? Just after Stuart Dougal was on? It's a cracker, you should have a listen.

"A want tae talk aboot the hands"..."Whit dye hink aboot the rangers?"

:lol:

Edit: on here. http://www.clyde1.com/on-air/ssb-listen-again/

A Rangers fan on Clyde :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Agree. I often find myself having to refer to top of page, as a way of reminding me what thread I'm actually on. Kind of sums it up for me.

It was Rico not the craicster who scoured the internet for that list, so give rico some credit

It was indeed Rico. The only one who attempted to answer his point was youngsy.

Edited by Henrik's tongue

It is not a thread anymore, i would say it is more like a chatroom.

First time I've ever agreed with Tedi!!

However, I for one am grateful for the chatterers who have kept it going even though a lot of it is way off topic. The orc agenda is us and them to walk away and forget about all that legal/financial/regulatory stuff and let them get on with being the people. We've bailed them out already and they will continue coming back with their begging bowl for a few more years yet until they get back to their perceived rightful place so… plenty more to come on this, keep the spotlight on them.

First time I've ever agreed with Tedi!!

However, I for one am grateful for the chatterers who have kept it going even though a lot of it is way off topic. The orc agenda is us and them to walk away and forget about all that legal/financial/regulatory stuff and let them get on with being the people. We've bailed them out already and they will continue coming back with their begging bowl for a few more years yet until they get back to their perceived rightful place so… plenty more to come on this, keep the spotlight on them.

Agree with that apart from the scored out bit.

Don't tell me you's have boycotted that as well?

19 hrsJim Delahunt‏@JimDelahunt

About to start Clyde 1 SSB with Hugh Keevins and Derek Johnstone. 0141 951 1025. Rangers fans don't even think about phoning in.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

More

I would agree but there are a number of issues still to be resolved and I can't help but think there is "a move along nothing to see here, we've been punished enough", AGENDA going on. For example:

1) How long do we have to wait for the dual contracts investigation to find these cheats guilty and then the inevitable tantrum/appeal to the FBI, the international court of human rights or a direct appeal to Jesus himself (fellow riser from the grave)?

2) What was Souness paid £30,000 for?

3) The Big Tax case rumbles onwards and upwards.

4) BDO and its investigation into how Whytes/Murrays own administrators managed to get paid more than the creditors.

5) What will Jabba say next?

6) etc etc

I would happily move on if they put their hands up and take their medicine. I don't like that because there has been a deluge of tit for tat old/new cheats/victims never ending drivel from both sides of the fence (Zombies Vs Diddies, Dons* and Plastics) that we should close this thread.

Its like a filibuster, spout enough pish for long enough and the fact that oldclub cheated for decades, ran out without paying off their tab, disgraced the nation, themselves, their pets, their tennis partners, their tennis partners pets, the game and sport in general will all just conveniently be forgotten. Well not by me. The big thread must stay open.

*As I have explained before The Dons are no diddies. Being the most successful club in Scotland in terms of European trophies and general famousness (oooh we are just so famous), cuts us well above the rest.

Bang on (with the exception of the not famous anymore Dons).

The BRALT, must stay open! That's the bottom line. ;)

I would agree but there are a number of issues still to be resolved and I can't help but think there is "a move along nothing to see here, we've been punished enough", AGENDA going on. For example:

1) How long do we have to wait for the dual contracts investigation to find these cheats guilty and then the inevitable tantrum/appeal to the FBI, the international court of human rights or a direct appeal to Jesus himself (fellow riser from the grave)?

2) What was Souness paid £30,000 for?

3) The Big Tax case rumbles onwards and upwards.

4) BDO and its investigation into how Whytes/Murrays own administrators managed to get paid more than the creditors.

5) What will Jabba say next?

6) etc etc

I would happily move on if they put their hands up and take their medicine. I don't like that because there has been a deluge of tit for tat old/new cheats/victims never ending drivel from both sides of the fence (Zombies Vs Diddies, Dons* and Plastics) that we should close this thread.

Its like a filibuster, spout enough pish for long enough and the fact that oldclub cheated for decades, ran out without paying off their tab, disgraced the nation, themselves, their pets, their tennis partners, their tennis partners pets, the game and sport in general will all just conveniently be forgotten. Well not by me. The big thread must stay open.

*As I have explained before The Dons are no diddies. Being the most successful club in Scotland in terms of European trophies and general famousness (oooh we are just so famous), cuts us well above the rest.

Very much this (with the usual caveat over a brief 80's success ;)). This lot are a long way from being brought to justice, and it would suit plenty if the awkward questions over Souness' EBT, for example, never had to be answered. The new regime at ibrox is throwing up quite a few questions to be asked, as well.

Left to their own devices, they'd be quite happy if things finished now, with ICBINR packing them in in D3, warchests and European/World dominance on the horizon, and all us naysayers silenced. Because then they'd have got away with it. History, remember, is written by the victors.

I reckon most non-rangers posters on here would settle for either a brand new club or a club with history which made at least some attempt to honour their debts. The "keep the trophies and f**k the debt" line which they have taken is frankly contemptible, and contributes in large part to the way rangers and their fans are perceived by the more fortunate of us who follow FOOTBALL teams. They may see themselves as an institution, but I wouldn't want to spend my life in an institution. ;)

The more sensible of the Horde know the truth, but they're forced into trying to justify the whole absurdist mishmash of oldco/sevco/holding co/newco/ whatever in order to cling onto some tawdry baubles which would give their new club, and in turn themselves, some relevance.

Oh, and to those who complain about the quality of the thread, try adding to the general quality instead of moaning about it - because that's not great reading either, ye know. Rest assured, things will get interesting again soon. (then quiet for a while, then interesting, then quiet....)

Be assured that if Rangers did leave the Scottish set up,(which won't happen),then Lawwell would make sure your mob would be looking to be right behind us. It makes me laugh when i read post such as yours about either Rangers or Celtic fans hoping the other leaves the Scottish set up knowing that both clubs have wanted this for years upon years.

I can assure you that there are many more of our fans would rather Celtic stayed in Scotland than leave for England.

One of the issues that interests me is why The Rangers fans keep suggesting that Peter Lawwell and Celtic are behind everything that has gone against them.

Celtic have kept quiet during the whole episode - and for one very good reason.

Its my firm opinion that Celtic did eveything they could in the summer to get The Rangers straight into the SPL and when that failed, they were behind attempts to get them into the First Division.

The fact is that Celtic and Rangers were business partners. Their business was exploiting sectarianism in order to gain success of the football pitch. Their business was intimidating and cheating the rest of Scottish football. They can't do it without each other.

Celtic very much want to continue the business partnership with the brand new club called The Rangers. There is a massive target market out there of bigots, gloryhunters and general social underclass just waiting to be exploited.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Very much this (with the usual caveat over a brief 80's success ;)). This lot are a long way from being brought to justice, and it would suit plenty if the awkward questions over Souness' EBT, for example, never had to be answered. The new regime at ibrox is throwing up quite a few questions to be asked, as well.

Left to their own devices, they'd be quite happy if things finished now, with ICBINR packing them in in D3, warchests and European/World dominance on the horizon, and all us naysayers silenced. Because then they'd have got away with it. History, remember, is written by the victors.

I reckon most non-rangers posters on here would settle for either a brand new club or a club with history which made at least some attempt to honour their debts. The "keep the trophies and f**k the debt" line which they have taken is frankly contemptible, and contributes in large part to the way rangers and their fans are perceived by the more fortunate of us who follow FOOTBALL teams. They may see themselves as an institution, but I wouldn't want to spend my life in an institution. ;)

The more sensible of the Horde know the truth, but they're forced into trying to justify the whole absurdist mishmash of oldco/sevco/holding co/newco/ whatever in order to cling onto some tawdry baubles which would give their new club, and in turn themselves, some relevance.

Oh, and to those who complain about the quality of the thread, try adding to the general quality instead of moaning about it - because that's not great reading either, ye know. Rest assured, things will get interesting again soon. (then quiet for a while, then interesting, then quiet....)

Football debts have generally been paid. Some other debts have been paid by the fans. The money Green & co paid in the first place can go towards debts. There may be more money to come in to the old company e.g. the liquidators are continuing the court case against Whyte's lawyers which was started by the administrators.

To put things in perspective, businesses can shed debt in a number of ways (CVAs - which a number of clubs have been involved with - being another way). It's a general fact of business life and not something dreamed up by big bad Rangers.

One of the issues that interests me is why The Rangers fans keep suggesting that Peter Lawwell and Celtic are behind everything that has gone against them.

Celtic have kept quiet during the whole episode - and for one very good reason.

Its my firm opinion that Celtic did eveything they could in the summer to get The Rangers straight into the SPL and when that failed, they were behind attempts to get them into the First Division.

The fact is that Celtic and Rangers were business partners. Their business was exploiting sectarianism in order to gain success of the football pitch. Their business was intimidating and cheating the rest of Scottish football. They can't do it without each other.

Celtic very much want to continue the business partnership with the brand new club called The Rangers. There is a massive target market out there of bigots, gloryhunters and general social underclass just waiting to be exploited.

This is correct.