Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Billy Dodds on the radio saying that should be the end of it. Funny that he must be worried that HMRC might start looking at the players instead

they can look at the players all they want, with regards to EBT's the players will simply wait for the club to begin repayment talks

think the club has 100 years in which to do so ;)

had a read of the document.

they are on shaky ground with their interpretations of entitlement and payments and completely ignore that the discretionary nature of the ebt trust is legally watertight.

i think the non punishment suggests they aren't confident that their findings would stand up in court.

Ach well, it's pretty much as predicted. Not a total exoneration, but not the imposition of a sanction that'll hurt them either.

As someone who is happy to admit to obsession, I'll even admit to some seethe. I'd seen this coming though and I'll get over it.

For me, it was always that I can't stand Rangers and always hated seeing them and their sister club lifting trophies and cavorting around as if they'd achieved something against the odds. The prospect of seeing some such titles removed was therefore very attractive.

It was never about a competitive advantage as far as I was concerned - it was about the eligibility of players, the thing that's seen small clubs hammered in the past for errors. If the commission's ruled that the irregularities did not in fact render the players ineligible, then I suppose the outcome is fair enough, though I don't quite get the bit about retrospective action being impossible.

It does definitely make the 'five-way-agreement' attempts to get Green to sign titles away look pretty shoddy.

The idea that the fine goes to the OldCo, while the titles are claimed to belong to the new one is galling though. It really is like they've ditched the bad stuff while retaining the good and that's clearly not fair. I actually assumed Bendarroch was extending some clever metaphor with his references to e-cigs as preserving the good bits of smoking, but then others started serious discussion of the topic, so maybe I was giving too much credit.

Anyway, I hope the several decent Rangers guys on here enjoy today - they've endured plenty shitty ones. I'm disappointed by this outcome, but in a way it's almost a relief that it's over. The story has virtually run its course now and it's been a lot of fun.

MT,i was agreeing wholeheartedly with your post until you got to 'several decent Zombies guys on here', may i ask who you mean.?

I care not one jot about any legal bullshit that has been manipulated in favour of your club since 2010,the facts are your club has been nothing more than a corrupt organisation and has been put on life support since the HMRC threw a massive bill at it in 2010.

That's glorious!

:lol:

I think, Rico - you cannot.

Did you not read the outcome? Does it hurt that badly?

:lol:

Yes, the outcome found you guilty.

LNS also had a pop at the old Rangers board for trying to hide this

Have you read the outcome?

Last night The_Kincardine posted the ramifications of a guilty verdict and goes way way beyond your corrupt club and would have toppled the whole of Scottish football and even at international level if the verdict was guilty ! and for what ? just so Rangers could get one over ra sellick and also European glory.

Yup - it's all my fault. I talked through the possible implications of a 'guilty' verdict with Bill NS at the ludge meeting a couple of weeks ago and, clearly, he took my point on board.

Cheating confirmed, all the rest of this is fluff. The only reason you wouldn't disclose the payments is to hide them from HMRC and therefore avoid tax. How not having to pay tax on your players wages doesn't amount to a competitive advantage is beyond me. Enjoy clawing your way back up the leagues.

Cheating, lying, stealing minks. Confirmed.