Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Most of the penny shares have been sold at market value to other shareholders, Laxey, Easdales etc, they all paid far more than they are currently worth, so they stand to lose a fortune.

Remember that those assets were only worth £5.5M in a distressed fire sale when they came with a football club that had thousands of loyal fans willing to spend money, those same assets would not be worth a fraction of this without the other, I was being generous with the £1M to £2M figure.

Had they gone on sale to the open market they would have fetched more than £5.5m. I think we both know that the deal that was put in place then was in the grey market at the very least. Murray Park in it's own right is worth at least that.

Charles Paterson þ@charlesp_sky · 32m

Ally McCoist says he's "staggered" by Rangers' financial losses; watch his media conference shortly on @SkySportsNews

Of course he is. Staggered by the financial losses but the playing budget's well under control.

The eventual buyer was always pre-determined but the only party to suggest they offered more was the BK consortium, if Murray park was worth so much why was there not offers for it or subsequent parties claiming they put in offers?

Buying Murray Park in it's own right at the time would have been suicidal for any business who couldn't afford to wait long enough to do anything else with it other than rent it to Rangers. The reaction would not have been worth it.

if Murray park was worth so much why was there not offers for it or subsequent parties claiming they put in offers?

Do you mean offers from businessmen who simply wanted the land or from parties wanting the whole footballing business plus property? If the former I reckon it would be a brave man who tried to buy MP (or Ibrox) with the intention of developing the land.

Paying daft money for it now without any planning permission for housing would also by daft in the extreme.

It would, but it would be far less daft now that there is a bogey man in place to take the reaction of any fans who are upset at the club being ripped apart bit by bit.

Who opened the door of the berrz cage? New berrz too............well, maybe just recycled. They seem to be getting excited over something. Poor deluded berrz.

They're turning on Wallace now, he'll be gone soon.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Dont worry, I'll reply for you.

I have done a quick Google Search using the words "King I Will Invest Rangers", these are the most relevant results:

"The former director is pledging to invest heavily" however if you actually read the article it states "He wil LEAD a fresh round of fundraising"

also

"I would be delighted if the club could thrive without any investment from me" - I bet he would.

Yet to see anything concrete, any figures, any business plan (other than Season Ticket Sales) which lo and behold is exactly the same as the current board at Sevco that he is criticising so much.

Only difference is Wallace isnt a convicted criminal and part of the biggest court case in his home countries history.

He's got the cash to put in and he wouldn't lose it if he ended up owning us. I agree he won't actually spend much at all to get us or even run us.

I'd imagine the major shareholders will be asking for a fortune to sell up.

Something I don't believe King is will to do, otherwise he'd have done it long ago

The major shareholders want out and will sell at the current price which is pretty low. He'd end up getting the club for under £10M and then end up getting all that back.

I've just noticed everyone talking about Margarita selling up too so going to read up on that, maybe it's the start or what i was getting at.