Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

but what realistically will they do? Would they really impose a fine/punishment that could be the death of one of their members.......particularly Rangers.

Maybe they feel it's too big to ignore? I guess it depends on what penalties they actually apply.

but what realistically will they do? Would they really impose a fine/punishment that could be the death of one of their members.......particularly Rangers.

Andy Newport ‏@AndyNewportPA 3m3 minutes ago

If found guilty by SFA, Rangers face a range of punishments including a censure, fine, being thrown out of the the Scottish Cup, transfer ban or even having their membership of the SFA terminated. Ashley risks a £10,000 fine if he fails to have the charges dropped.

We are f**ked as the rules have been clearly bent/broken here.

Aye when all else fails become a typo pedant.

If the height of your wit is using a simple five word phrase, "If Carlseberg did advent Calenders", to rip the pish then I'd suggest you that aim to do better than getting 'If' and 'did' right rather than calling me a typo pedant.

I have just had an interesting message from a corporate lawyer friend of mine.

Here are 2 potential scenarios that he sees from the commercial world:

1) The SFA/SPFL fine or punish Rangers /Ashley.

Ashley then bankrolls a very expensive legal challenge. This could run into millions. Either the authorities backdown or Scottsh Football sits on the brink.

Could Scottish Football afford this type of expense. Would the member clubs be expected to contribute to the cost?

2) Ashley allows Rangers to fold and blames the SFA/SPFL. He gets the land he wants and walks away. Not his fault but the authorities fault.

If the height of your wit is using a simple five word phrase, "If Carlseberg did advent Calenders", to rip the pish then I'd suggest you that aim to do better than getting 'If' and 'did' right rather than calling me a typo pedant.

Getting touchy are we? lol

wind your neck in and watch your ship go down.

Ashley then bankrolls a very expensive legal challenge. This could run into millions. Either the authorities backdown or Scottsh Football sits on the brink.

Could Scottish Football afford this type of expense. Would the member clubs be expected to contribute to the cost?

2) Ashley allows Rangers to fold and blames the SFA/SPFL. He gets the land he wants and walks away. Not his fault but the authorities fault.

We already have a legal expert on here, an actual QC.

You're not doing well tonight. We all ken that the favoured option is:

3. The SFA/SPFL do f**k all because a. they are ineffectual pussies b. they don't want to rock the boat c. they will get pelters 'doon the ludge'.

Edited by The_Kincardine

We already have a legal expert on here, an actual QC.

A QC is different from a lawyer who sees these types of situations getting engineered regularly for leverage. It looks like this might turn into a game of brinkmanship.

My money would be on Ashley winning and the SPL/SFA scurrying away tails between its legs because its rules are a mess and don't stand up in court when challenged.

What would be the benefit to Ashley for him to lay out enough to threaten the SFA's existence?

I'm no QC but I'd have thought the SFA would be on reasonably safe ground.

Ashley can either argue that he has not increased his influence - Llambias is widely seen as his man-on-the-inside but is there paper-work to prove this the level required legally - and therefore hasn't breached their rules or he can argue that the rules are intrinsically unfair.

Part of the terms of providing the loan was that he could appoint 2 members to the board. There is no way that he cannot claim influence over Rangers.

If found guilty by SFA, Rangers face a range of punishments including a censure, fine, being thrown out of the the Scottish Cup, transfer ban or even having their membership of the SFA terminated. Ashley risks a £10,000 fine if he fails to have the charges dropped.

Not necessarily f**ked my blue clad amigo .

The fact that the range of possible open ended just means that they're free to make it up on the fly. When hearts were struggling to pay the wages on time there was the same alarmist scare stories about massive points deductions but we ended up with a transfer ban instead.

That would seem a likely outcome here

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding