Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I was at Celtic Park on Sunday with my son's. The atmosphere was non existent. Talking to friends who go to watch Celtic are bored. Like you one of my son's initially laughed at the liquidation but even he is fed up going to watch Celtic sauntering to another boring league title.

Crowds are down at Celtic park because the fans are fed up watching the board penny pinch with

Signings.

We signed some dreadful players....even then they are on loan.

Aberdeen are a lot stronger,Dundee utd too...this is great for Scottish football.

The cup competitions have been shared amongst different teams which is also

good for other teams crowds and general interest in Scottish football.

League Reconstruction might be needed for Hibs as well.

Im all for 16 in top league but would only accept it if the voting structure and distribution of funding was altered.

16, 16, 10 would be my choice. Accept there is lower number of games but adjustments to play offs could compensate. Would also assist teams in Europe.

What do you mean "would only accept it"? Do you think they're going to consult you? What are you gong to do if they go ahead in spite of you?

I honestly think that if Rangers do not get up first time of asking from the Championship, either automatically or via the playoffs- then you will see "League Reconstruction" being touted. There has already been a number of articles in the press floating the idea for the next season. I guess they will look to expand the Scottish Prem to say 16 teams and invite Rangers + others into the Prem.(Which I do not have problem with really). What will happen tho, two seasons later the Rangers/Celtic axis will be back to be strong again and the little PR minions will be pumping out stories "league is too big, we need a smaller league" and everyone will role over with their tummies being tickled and Rangers/Celtic get extra derbies trying to outpend each other and tabloids printing puff pieces.

You heard it hear first.

I can't argue with that. I have my own suspicions. Much will depend upon there being an entity named Rangers that has or pretends to a culture fans will follow.

It also depends upon whether or not the clubs actually want this to happen. I would be quite happy to see the power of what was the Old Firm broken forever. If there's league expansion there's no way in hell a 'business as usual' situation should be allowed to exist between Celtic and the Pretender club. That kind of sway should simply not be allowed.

I'd also hope heads would roll at the SFA and SPFL.

And yes, if it happens there'll be a clamour for a smaller league after a time, then all this bollocks about the Scottish market limiting the potential of 'two great clubs' (well, one) and whining about England again.

Thing is, if certain individuals face the possibility of a legal or civil buttfucking in the court the cozy arrangement might be very difficult for even the most willing dupe to swallow.

No, no, no, how else can we compare ourselves to (or compete with) England than with a TV deal, its all about a product and marketing that product. The product needs to have rangers in it, rangers and celtic need to meet in every cup final and it needs to be a two horse race. Without this, scottish football is fcked.

Scottish football's such a mess!!!

:barf

The 'product'. Can't beat it.

With Rangers apparently hurtling towards administration again what are their chances of securing a CVA this time? Or are they looking at another liquidation? Sure this has already been answered but don't really want to troll through 6000 pages

Just a guess but I think a CVA would be achievable given that their debt will be owed to individuals instead of the tax man who would never negotiate. If a sensible administrator could pool together a decent amount of money then they will get out of it again. The reason I can see the CVA passing is that their only assets are really the stadium and training ground and I can't see the stadium going for much money given it can't really be used for anything else. Training ground may go I imagine (did Rangers ever rename Murray Park?) and I sort of see it as irrelevant.

This is Rangers though so it's quite likely that they'll end up with a dodgy administrator and see their attempts to hide the assets backfire spectacularly.

What do you mean "would only accept it"? Do you think they're going to consult you? What are you gong to do if they go ahead in spite of you?

Wouldn't that be something, consulting the fans!!! A nice thought.

I meant it to say, and I'm sure you know it anyway; if I were a director of an SPFL club and had the chance, I'd be looking for benefits for my Club. No change to the voting structure, no redistribution of sponsor money, no deal on league reorganisation.

The reason I can see the CVA passing is that their only assets are really the stadium and training ground and I can't see the stadium going for much money given it can't really be used for anything else. Training ground may go I imagine (did Rangers ever rename Murray Park?) and I sort of see it as irrelevant.

Housing? Supermarket? Car parking?

I'm lost. Confused. Is this early stages dementia I have? I thought I was reading the BRALT thread.

After Ally's resignation he had a 45 min meeting with representatives of the board. I was looking forward to insightful comments about why the 2 board members were selected. Which shareholdings were they representing? Neither side had legal advisers present (significant). Over and done with in 45 minutes. Some people could read a lot into that. And of course in the good old days of the BRALT we had people with good inside sources, detailed analysis from others and lots of misguided wishful thinking from both sides. .

Now we have people bleating on about reorganisation. The imminent death of Rangers/Scottish football/the UK and even the world. Someone trying to 'out' a Clyde supporter. (Given Clyde's support I would have thought a call to the club would have told you who their supporters were.) Topics that demand an immediate reaction of 'who the hell cares'?

Oh yes and the totally unsurprising news that Mark Hateley is trying to sneak in to where he thinks the money is being doled out. Given his long history at this game no shock there.

I could trawl my way through the postings of the last couple of days but the boredom is just too great.

Where can I find the real BRALT thread? Or is it now time to move to the more entertaining version at Rangers Media?

Edited by thelegendthatis

Just a guess but I think a CVA would be achievable given that their debt will be owed to individuals instead of the tax man who would never negotiate. If a sensible administrator could pool together a decent amount of money then they will get out of it again. The reason I can see the CVA passing is that their only assets are really the stadium and training ground and I can't see the stadium going for much money given it can't really be used for anything else. Training ground may go I imagine (did Rangers ever rename Murray Park?) and I sort of see it as irrelevant.

This is Rangers though so it's quite likely that they'll end up with a dodgy administrator and see their attempts to hide the assets backfire spectacularly.

The speculation has to be that Ashley is the main creditor - £3M worth of loans and climbing. He's also the holder of the last remaining onerous contract so I'm not sure why he'd accept a CVA. It's more to his advantage to have the company liquidate. He'd take ownership of the properties that his current loans are secured against and then the company could 're-form' and he'd be able to rent those properties back to them.

Not sure it matters though - neither old nor new Rangers has been able to live within its means so I'm not sure that a third incarnation would change the pattern. Basically, they're good at spending more than they earn. Third time round, they'd have those same outgoings PLUS the new rent to pay to Ashley.

I think the problem we have here is that, even though we've laughed long and hard at this shambles for the last couple of years our so, we've recently moved beyond the realmsof easy parody.

McCoist resigns, and ends up not only with the assurance he'll be in post for the next year, but gets a fucking huge pay rise. This at a time when rank and file employees are fearing for their jobs.

We're through the looking glass here - how can we speculate when the reality is outstripping the wildest possible flight of imagination?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Ally offered to resign for 400k (ish) ...

They wanted a gagging clause.

Ally knows his story is worth a mint ....

Sevco doesn't have the cash to pay him off in full and offer 'compensation' to keep quiet.

Not much to speculate about ...

Everyone knew this months ago.

Only speculation is why now from Super Salary? .... the beating from QotS or does he know that administration is looming and wants paid before it hits?

Maybe he is genuinely upset that ordinary employees are getting the dunt and feels he can no longer work...erm...with this...erm...board...

...sorry...

I would think and indeed hope that after the Duff & Phelps debacle that there would be good, honest and reputable administrators installed if and when administration happens again. More so now that they would be looked at more ardently than the last time. And you're correct about a CVA having a far better chance of being accepted by creditors with HMRC being out of the equation.

The worlds top 100 stadiums by The Bleacher report..Celtic 18th.....Rangers miles behind, apparently they became insolvent and had to start again at the bottom ...never knew that....http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2275704-top-100-stadiums-in-world-football/page/41

Cannae be right, to start again they would have to have ended? I thought that the SFA etc dismissed that scenario?