Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

ok no probs

i would expect the new rangers signings in january to freshen up the team with some squad players leaving. i would not underestimate hibs, they will sign some good players in january and become a real threat. i don't think hearts will have it so easy after the january window.

the biggest three clubs in the league will have the top three places. qots will be doing well to remain where they are during the second half of the season, they will be simply be out gunned by the big three.

falkirk are the only threat to the top four but to challenge they would need to take points of the teams above more regularly to do this. outside owning hibs they have only taken an additional one point, a draw with qots earlier in the season. i can't see hibs being falkirk's bitches for much longer after the window. the big three will only pull away as injuries and suspensions effect the clubs with smaller more restrictive squads. it would take falkirk to improve drastically including beating rangers twice for them to get into the mix. realistically i can't see that happen especially with falkirk's poor record against rangers.

with respect the other 5 clubs are not in the race for the playoffs

To get new signings in January, they have to sell players (no mean feat in itself) or pay some of them off, which rather defeats the object. They're basically stuck with the crap they have and an empty bank account. However, any action that can accelerate their final downfall will be welcome. How on earth they are ever going to rebuild a team capable of playing (and winning) in Europe is as much a mystery as turning lead into gold was for the alchemists.

europe?? :unsure2: when did talk of getting into europe come into this?. :lol: the ibrox chicken needs to learn to stand and walk on its own two feet before it can run. :huh:

players will be released in januarywhy would rangers be any different than any other club in the leagues?

there are players about who might do a job who will come in and freshen up the team. whether they are brought in from buying from other clubs is another thing.

but i don't think there will be a mass exodus of players from ibrox mid season, maybe three or four squad players out with direct replacements who will be challenging for a start, it will hardly break the club finances either.

But it comes back to the same old story - contracts. Players are not just going to walk away from mega-bucks just because the club says "we don't want you". They will need to be paid off.

Edited by WeeHectorPar

Ally McCoist keen for talks over Rangers transfer targets

453076810.jpg
Ally McCoist has resigned as Rangers manager

By Ronnie Esplin – 20 December 2014

Ally McCoist insists he does not plan on walking away from Rangers any time soon - and wants talks with new chief executive Derek Llambias on new signings.

The Ibrox boss has tendered his resignation but insists he will see out the full 12-month notice period stipulated by his contract.

The club's record scorer hopes to meet Llambias - whose new role was confirmed to the London Stock Exchange at 7.00am yesterday morning - to discuss strengthening his squad.

He said: "I'll have to have a discussion with Derek regarding what the plans will be for the future. I spoke to him today regarding his own position and him and I will certainly sit down and discuss adding to the squad, because that will be one of the topics that needs to be discussed."

When asked if he planned to see out the full 12-month notice period set down in his one-year rolling contract, McCoist, whose side face Livingston today, did say: "Yes. Absolutely.

"I don't know if it's realistic or not but I expect it to happen.

"I wouldn't say the ball is in anybody's court. I think it has been made quite clear by the board and myself that it is business as usual."

This is merely Ally pretending (on legal advice) that it is business as normal.

For him to say he will see out his 12 month notice period is merely him declaring what his payoff should be based on. Trying his best to push Llambias into saying "you're fired".

Let's get the AGM out of the way, then a proper meeting for Ally and his legal advisors with Llambias,, and another Rangers legend scuttles out the door at Ibrox with his pockets bulging. :o

The prevailing orthodoxy, however, seems to be that it's a squad that should be capable of running away with the title if Ally McCoist wasn't incompetent.

Championship title?

Mccoist has a lot to answer for, training for a few hours a day - 3 days per week, no sense of tactics, players out of position in every game and allowing Robbie Mourinho to get the better of him twice.

A real manager wouldn't have been so bloody stupid.

Ally McCoist keen for talks over Rangers transfer targets

453076810.jpg

Ally McCoist has resigned as Rangers manager

By Ronnie Esplin – 20 December 2014

Ally McCoist insists he does not plan on walking away from Rangers any time soon - and wants talks with new chief executive Derek Llambias on new signings.

The Ibrox boss has tendered his resignation but insists he will see out the full 12-month notice period stipulated by his contract.

The club's record scorer hopes to meet Llambias - whose new role was confirmed to the London Stock Exchange at 7.00am yesterday morning - to discuss strengthening his squad.

He said: "I'll have to have a discussion with Derek regarding what the plans will be for the future. I spoke to him today regarding his own position and him and I will certainly sit down and discuss adding to the squad, because that will be one of the topics that needs to be discussed."

When asked if he planned to see out the full 12-month notice period set down in his one-year rolling contract, McCoist, whose side face Livingston today, did say: "Yes. Absolutely.

"I don't know if it's realistic or not but I expect it to happen.

"I wouldn't say the ball is in anybody's court. I think it has been made quite clear by the board and myself that it is business as usual."

I wish he'd shut his cakehole and just go, he's only interested in money.

Fat Super Sally doing what he does best.... rabble rousing.

Why on earth would ANY chairman give a transfer budget to a manager who has declared his intention to depart ? :lol: Unless, of course, said manager understands his current bunch of mercenaries are not up to the present requirement of promotion.

Fat Boy clearly wants to continue his pretence of managerial competnce by having something else to blame ('That Board never supported me when I needed it most - no ma fault' :1eye ) when it, inevitably, falls to shit come the seasons' end - IF they make it that far.

Something else to add to the Book.... kerchiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!

I wish he'd shut his cakehole and just go, he's only interested in money.

I would say it's 50/50 on that one.

Any pay off is more than likely linked to a gagging order to ensure the truth of what's going on behind the scenes is suppressed. Because Fatty won't sign a gagging order, I suspect the the board are shitting themselves that he's going to start blabbing the minute he's out the door. They're stuck with him.

It looks to me like old Lard Arse has them over a barrel. He knows where the bodies are buried, he knows where the smoking guns are, and he knows who's pulled the triggers.

I would bet he's using that knowledge for one of two ends:

1. To negotiate a Super Salary bumper pay off. or:

2. To actually stand up and do the decent thing, i.e. blow the lid on the whole house of cards at the end of his 12 months.

By serving the 12 months he'll claim that he stayed to protect Rangers interests in the long term and didn't just "walk away".

So, a greedy b*****d, or a self styled "Rangers man"? Time will tell, eh? In the meantime, enjoy the circus.

Any pay off is more than likely linked to a gagging order to ensure the truth of what's going on behind the scenes is suppressed. Because Fatty won't sign a gagging order, I suspect the the board are shitting themselves that he's going to start blabbing the minute he's out the door. They're stuck with him.

It looks to me like old Lard Arse has them over a barrel. He knows where the bodies are buried, he knows where the smoking guns are, and he knows who's pulled the triggers.

2. To actually stand up and do the decent thing, i.e. blow the lid on the whole house of cards at the end of his 12 months.

By serving the 12 months he'll claim that he stayed to protect Rangers interests in the long term and didn't just "walk away".

So, a greedy b*****d, or a self styled "Rangers man"? Time will tell, eh? In the meantime, enjoy the circus.

Pretty much the same thing when you think about it.

you forget this is mike ashley's team now. if the p&b masses believe the sfa won't be able to stand up to ashley and llambias over the duel ownership issue, what chance do players who are not even first team regulars in the first team have in demanding to stay just because of the mega bucks.

you can't be selective here just to suit the subject.

ashley always gets his way don'tcha know.

Two entirely different things. Ashley will sort out the SFA nonsense by giving them a £100k sponsorship contract; players leaving, however, will want their dosh. Or are you suggesting that they will all be given 1-month contracts at Newcastle?

Ally has moved through the turmoil from David Murray onwards. He received a salary well beyond the market rate. Then shares in the company at zero cost. Plus his 'performance' bonuses. Why? Because he is a cheeky chappie? Don't really buy that.

There are legal charges kicking around based on dodgy dealings during that period. Although Ally is good at the daft laddie presentation, it would be interesting to know what he really knew about what was going on and when he knew it.

I would guess that Llambias will ensure he has done his homework in that area. Could be the old 2 envelopes departure. One is you are sacked because of.... or I am resigning with immediate effect and was a privilege to manage Rangers.

Edited by thelegendthatis