Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can Ashley give the loan and get the assets before the egm. ?

Then can he put them in admin as soon as he owns the assets. ?

If so does that make a egm useless?

Will be a drawdown loan like an overdraft facility for them to dip into valid for 6 months expect.

Can Ashley give the loan and get the assets before the egm. ?

Then can he put them in admin as soon as he owns the assets. ?

If so does that make a egm useless?

He could only put them in admin once the loan is due as opposed to as soon as it's given.

*Post may be oversimplified

It seems to me that the 'Rangers' fans could have avoided all this heartache by simply not letting the original Rangers die in the first place.

Indeed they might even have avoided all this by simply questioning the spunking of loads of cash on players like Kevin Kyle to play in the arse end of Scottish football rather than giving it the big licks and posturing cause they were taking everyone else's best players !!

All this stamping of feet about Ibrox is pretty much all the last lot did when Rangers went tits-up - temper tantrums aplenty,bleating that it would never happen, embarrassing posturing from a support who repeatedly fail to pull together like nearly every other support would.

And the really really strange thing is is that if Ibrox was used against security, and if they did lose it, they'd suddenly just claim that it wasn't gone, all the protests would be forgotten, they, and the Scottish Press of course, would simply pretend that where-ever they played next was still Ibrox ... and the SFA would probably tag along and put 'Ibrox' down as their home on it's website.

And all the while they'd continue to tell us that the rest of Scottish Football was fucked :lol:

Edited by Ned Nederlander

It seems to me that the 'Rangers' fans could have avoided all this heartache by simply not letting the original Rangers die in the first place.

Indeed they might even have avoided all this by simply questioning the spunking of loads of cash on players like Kevin Kyle to play in the arse end of Scottish football rather than giving it the big licks and posturing cause they were taking everyone else's best players !!

All this stamping of feet about Ibrox is pretty much all the last lot did when Rangers went tits-up - temper tantrums aplenty,bleating that it would never happen, embarrassing posturing from a support who repeatedly fail to pull together like nearly every other support would.

And the really really strange thing is is that if Ibrox was used against security, and if they did lose it, they'd suddenly just claim that it wasn't gone, all the protests would be forgotten, they, and the Scottish Press of course, would simply pretend that where-ever they played next was still Ibrox ... and the SFA would probably tag along and put 'Ibrox' down as their home on it's website.

And all the while they'd continue to tell us that the rest of Scottish Football was fucked :lol:

When Rangers were liquidated they owed £125 million.

How should the fans have raised that amount?

If you assume that the rumour of the 8 -9 million off the book debt is true and they have no money to meet the payroll ... Then Ashley loans 10 million + 3 million + 8.? million + payroll = ??

Certainly they could still call an admin event based on the numbers ...

Even while the debt to Ashley isn't due one of the other creditors could technically put them into administration if debts to them aren't honoured but if Ashley is the only secured creditor there wouldn't be any incentive for unsecured creditors to trigger an administration.

Also you seem to be confused in your sums. The £10,000,000 is coming in as opposed to going out. They would be consolidating a lot of smaller short term debts into one big long term secured loan.

The whole point of borrowing Ashley's money is to deal with existing creditors. After the deal went through most existing creditors will be settled up, or at least up to date and the club will owe the money to Ashley instead

Its equivalent to running up huge debts on credit cards, store cards and Malaysian bookies and then taking out a mortgage to clear it.

It's a stupid position to get into but it's a sensible response should you be in that position.

Of course if you don't deal with the behaviour that got you into that position in the first place you end up homeless but that's another issue.

The whole fuss about Ibrox being security against debt is a bit of a red herring anyway as without it all unsecured creditors would be entitled to a slice of the assets if worst comes to worst.

If Ashley's insistence on jumping to the front of the queue is "Legalised theft" then the victims aren't Rangers but those longer term , unsecured creditors whose prospects of seeing their money again would be reduced if they're pushed further down the queue

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

25p each - not a big ask, really, if they actually gave fúck and didn't wait for the next pyoor ranjurs man to throw cash in the pit...

The grown ups are talking here, I'm sure your friends will be along shortly though. You can argue with them.

When Rangers were liquidated they owed £125 million.

How should the fans have raised that amount?

You're right it is much, much better that you didn't even try. Proud, staunch, courageous and loyal inactivity. I mean look at the mess Hearts are in now after all the trying their fans did. Mugs.

The grown ups are talking here, I'm sure your friends will be along shortly though. You can argue with them.

Facetious I was, but the point is a serious one. The fans' involvement, or lack of, depends on exactly the same factors as those at Thistle, Dunfermline, Hearts, and others. Only the scale is different.

The question is "how much do you love your club?"

The answer given, time and again, by your lot, is "obviously not enough."

Facetious I was, but the point is a serious one. The fans' involvement, or lack of, depends on exactly the same factors as those at Thistle, Dunfermline, Hearts, and others. Only the scale is different.

the question is wrong it should be ,

how much do you love your company?

King's call for an EGM appears to a face saving exercise and may have undermined any talks the Three Gummy Bears were holding with the board. He's not even sure he can get the 50% required at a vote ,.. just a desperate last throw of the dice ...

If he hasn't got that 50% of backing this could be very embarrassing for him.

25p each - not a big ask, really, if they actually gave fúck and didn't wait for the next pyoor ranjurs man to throw cash in the pit...

Based on the figure of125M, my calculations made it 4 quid each. (based on the worldwide 'fan' base of 500M)

But, IIRC, the assets were bought for 6M (ish), so using 60,000 as a more realistic 'fan' base, the 'fans' could have bought them for a hundred quid each. Still do-able. But they done nuffink. :1eye

ETA Oops! I blame my calculator. 25p ,is the correct amount.

Edited by cyderspaceman

There's a lot of fan involvement as you all know, given the mocking that goes on on here.

It's just my opinion that it would have been very unlikely anyway due to the nature of the debt.