Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

11 July 14 / Christopher Jack, Group Senior Sports Writer /  @Chris_Jack89

DEREK JOHNSTONE today demanded an apology from some of the most high-profile names in Scottish football in the wake of Rangers' victory over the taxman.

He said: "A lot of people in the game should hang their heads in shame. Rangers are owed a huge apology."

HM Revenue and Customs this week lost their appeal to the 'big tax case' verdict that ruled Rangers were not guilty of wrong-doing during Sir David Murray's time at the helm.

The spectre of the case cast a huge cloud over the club before a disastrous chain of events unfolded that led to Ally McCoist's side dropping down to the Third Division two years ago.

On Wednesday, the Union of Fans hit out at SFA chief Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster of the SPFL, Stephen Thompson, Rod Petrie, Peter Lawwell and lawyer Rod McKenzie for their actions and comments during Rangers' troubles.

DJ told SportTimes: "They all came to the conclusion that Rangers were guilty before anything was proven.

"They all had their say and every one has been proven wrong.

"The most famous two words that were spouted was 'sporting integrity'. Well, where is the sporting integrity in what has happened to Rangers? The club and the fans have been proven right.

"I hope the club are recompensed for everything they have missed out on in the last two years."

Despite being cleared for the second time in the courts, the ruling is a bitter-sweet one for Rangers fans and the club as Ally McCoist's side look to complete their journey back to the top flight this term.

But Johnstone insists the actions of some should never be forgotten after Rangers and the Light Blue legions were vindicated once again.

He said: "A lot of people in the media jumped on the bandwagon as well. It was all built on ifs, buts and maybes, and too many people lined up to stick the boot into Rangers.

"It was absolute rubbish. I think there should be many, many apologies sent to Rangers in the next few days.

"It is good that it has all come out and Rangers have been vindicated. That is fantastic.

"But there are a lot of people who will have their heads buried in the sand and will be keeping a low profile in the next few weeks."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13285157.amp/

U3d0JLK.gif

On 02/07/2017 at 23:53, hellbhoy said:

The Rangers papped out of Europe on Tuesday night followed by a massive kick in the baws the next day by finding out the court judgement went against them. Tic wet dream, copyright of Tedi. :lol:

^^^^ Should have put a bet on both and do I now claim the title of soothsayer? :lol:

For my next vision into the future!, Mike Ashleys new deal with The Rangers to supply kits will be even more erroneous than the last deal because Ashley did in fact have King by the balls and is squeezing them harder. :rolleyes:

The SFA have apparently had a meeting toady to discuss how to deal with the influx of E-mails from disgruntled fans on how to deal with them. :)

And it's not just from Tic fans either as they have been joined by many other clubs supporters demanding that justice be done and I am certain the Tic fans will be bombarding UEFA as well because of the Supreme Court case outcome.

I'm just about sure the SFA will release at some point that the matter was dealt with the SPL commission at the time and that the correct punishment was handed out because they adhered to their own amended rulebooks produced the year before Rangers went tits up. They weren't caught in the act although they were fined for breaching the rules?

Imagine the SFA & the former SPL board directors rewriting their rule books so that their demented clone could claim titles they knew the dead club cheated every other club for. :lol:

The SFA's statement:

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today’s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.

Sweep sweep sweep.

Edited by The Master

Just now, hellbhoy said:

The SFA have apparently had a meeting toady to discuss how to deal with the influx of E-mails from disgruntled fans on how to deal with them. :)

And it's not just from Tic fans either as they have been joined by many other clubs supporters demanding that justice be done and I am certain the Tic fans will be bombarding UEFA as well because of the Supreme Court case outcome.

I'm just about sure the SFA will release at some point that the matter was dealt with the SPL commission at the time and that the correct punishment was handed out because they adhered to their own amended rulebooks produced the year before Rangers went tits up. They weren't caught in the act although they were fined for breaching the rules?

Imagine the SFA & the former SPL board directors rewriting their rule books so that their demented clone could claim titles they knew the dead club cheated every other club for. :lol:

Just now, The Master said:

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today’s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.

Sweep sweep sweep.

lachen.gif

1 hour ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

The titles they "won" during this period should be voided. The record book should show "N/A".

But they won't be. And it won't.

55 minutes ago, mylothedog said:

Just noticed that David Murray is attacking HMRC as creditors of the liquidated club will get less cash now. Yes he said liquidated club. CLUB

I read that myself. Although I didn't notice the bit about "club"! :lol: