Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That's it and it's what they should have done in the first place. No judges, no QCs just "did they register these players and their wages properly?"

No? Then all these shiny baubles, pots and pans go into the sea.

All covered adequately by LNS who found us guilty and exacted the appropriate levy.  Sorry to cite Dostoyevsky but you're much more interested in punishment than crime.  In this you're aping your moon-howler pals.  Not that I'm surprised.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

All covered adequately by LNS who found us guilty and exacted the appropriate levy.  Sorry to cite Dostoyevsky but you're much more interested in punishment than crime.  In this you're aping your moon-howler pals.  Not that I'm surprised.

Defending your team from allegations of cheating is interfering with your trolling tonight.

Bit of a fucker for you, eh? 

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The SFA are fucked both ways here if they knew about the duel contracts why did they let it go on?
Plus if they didn't know about the duel contracts they are guilty of not doing their due diligence fecking corrupt to the core

289560.gif?b64lines=

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

35 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

I think many are barking right up the wrong tree here, the SPL commission wasn't about Rangers avoiding PAYE. It was the improper use of side letters aKa dual contracts that weren't declared by Rangers in any way shape or form, in fact Rangers went out of their way to hide these dual contracts which at the time were illegal in association football.

The HMRC have struck a blow to the associations warped view that Rangers FC have been properly dealt with because they WEREN'T caught in the act of actively cheating by doping their squad with players they would never have been able to afford without the use of the side letters, eff all to do with the EBT scheme as the players have now been found out to have been improperly registered at the time they won these competitions.

Writing into their rule books a year before Rangers FC PLC went tits up that no retrospective punitive measures could not be meted out to Rangers was them showing that they already knew the club was cheating, but shat a huge brick at stripping the cheating b*****ds because they might have feared for their lives if they did so.

This has f**k all to do with unpaid bills, it is about Rangers FC PLC actively cheating by breaking the association rules to win trophies at the expense of other clubs.

Listening to bark at the moon when i read this, had a wee chuckle.

As a matter of actually reading both sides I would urge people to read this blog

https://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/illegal-use-of-ebts-other-issues/

This is the most pressing paragraph

No one is saying (or has said to the best of my knowledge) that Rangers are facing criminal charges. However, the First Tier Tribunal (Tax) on whose findings we are all waiting, will determine the legality of Rangers tax strategy. If the FTT(T) finds against Rangers, it will have deemed that the strategy used by Rangers for over a decade was indeed illegal. I struggle to believe that any hack is so stupid as to not understand this issue. One wonders if recent contact with Sir David Murray has dulled the investigative zeal of the five hand-picked journalists who were recently granted an audience. I could be wrong. Maybe they were just “duped”? Does this word mean “to have been misled voluntarily?”

The outcome was the FTT ruled the EBT scheme was legal. The UTT upheld that decision.

HMRC went back to court and challenged not the legality of EBTs but if they eliminated a tax burden at all. On this point HMRC won.

The outcome is EBTs are legal, they just don't avoid tax.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

And if you had bothered to read the Supreme Court ruling you would see that the fact EBTs are legal hasn't changed. All HMRC has done is convince the court that the establishment of an Employee Benefit Trust does not provide the employee with tax relief and should have had PAYE applied as normal income.

There was no abuse of EBTs. It is stated at least twice in the judgement that EBTs were not a sham.

So with those facts unchanged there is no reason to re-open the issues decided by LNS.

I think you are getting yourself a tad confused here, yes EBT's were not a sham if they were properly implemented and run like the pension scheme it was supposed to be.

In Rangers case here and I'll use pension scheme here, ran a dodgy as f**k pension scheme that had tax free benefits by issuing tax free loans that have to be paid back by rule of law to say it was a loan. In Rangers FC's case they completely abused a legal pension scheme to avoid paying full tax to players wages they signed to play for their club.

Money went in each year into the pension fund and was completely emptied to Rangers FC employees throughout the year and the same the next year. Do you see where this is going? Rangers FC completely abused a pension fund to lure players they would otherwise not have been able to sign.

I think most folk forget that the EBT scheme was actually a fucking pension scheme with benefits in tax free loans, and not one single penny was ever paid back into the pension fund ever. Now here's where Murray totally fucked up for the cost of over £100 in total, if Rangers had paid back a single solitary pound to each tax free loan they would never have ever been taken to court because the loans were being serviced. :lol:

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

I think you are getting yourself a tad confused here, yes EBT's were not a sham if they were properly implemented and run like the pension scheme it was supposed to be.

In Rangers case here and I'll use pension scheme here, ran a dodgy as f**k pension scheme that had tax free benefits by issuing tax free loans that have to be paid back by rule of law to say it was a loan. In Rangers FC's case they completely abused a legal pension scheme to avoid paying full tax to players wages they signed to play for their club.

Money went in each year into the pension fund and was completely emptied to Rangers FC employees throughout the year and the same the next year. Do you see where this is going? Rangers FC completely abused a pension fund to lure players they would otherwise not have been able to sign.

I think most folk forget that the EBT scheme was actually a fucking pension scheme with benefits in tax free loans, and not one single penny was ever paid back into the pension fund ever. Now here's where Murray totally fucked up for the cost of over £100 in total, if Rangers had paid back a single solitary pound to each tax free loan they would never have ever been taken to court because the loans were being serviced. :lol:

That isn't true and is in no way backed by today's ruling.