Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

You are confused.

Rangers using EBTs for an illegal purpose is very different from using them illegally.

It doesn't matter too much though.

The point is they acted illegally. They cheated.

You are correct, you are confusing me here.  Can you provide an example where you can use EBTs illegally but not for an illegal purpose, specifically in relation to tax would probably help with my confusion.

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Nothing like reading the moon howlers on here to cheer you up :thumsup2

I'm seeing loads of posts whose authors can't possibly be characterised that way.

I'm assuming that you want Rangers to keep the titles in question.  If I'm right, offer us an argument in support of such a desire.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm seeing loads of posts whose authors can't possibly be characterised that way.

I'm assuming that you want Rangers to keep the titles in question.  If I'm right, offer us an argument in support of such a desire.

The burden of proof lies with the prosecution I'm afraid 

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I have always admired your optimism and doggedness in this regard, although at times it does border on wishful thinking to the point of possible mental illness. 

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

The burden of proof lies with the prosecution I'm afraid 

Yahtzee.

It is utterly laughable supporters of the other clubs think they influenced this in any way. 

The SPL clubs wanted Rangers in the second tier for their own self interest. Did the SPL fans want that?

...Other clubs that walked away from their debt were not punished in the same way which is shameful but I can live with that. I would hope in the future any club who runs up exorbitant debt then simply walks away from it receives the same punishment as Rangers but I doubt it very much 

That's ludicrous.

Fans of SPL clubs wanted Rangers banished to the depths and they got that because most boards of SFL clubs didn't bow to the pressure from greedy SPL chairmen.

Ignoring the distinction in this between clubs who can push through CVAs and those that get liquidated is just stupid and nakedly self serving.

Helping hand? Like when the SFA went against a UEFA directive and closed a transfer window early so we missed out on signing players.
Like when the club were voted out the top flight?
The other clubs benefited financially to the TV deal that was only in place if Rangers were involved. Rangers received next to nothing.
Like withholding Rangers license to play so the club could play no pre season friendliest.
I am glad my club were punished the way they were as we , the support, can look back and say we did it on our own. We asked for nothing and we got nothing. 
It is utterly laughable supporters of the other clubs think they influenced this in any way. 
The SPL clubs wanted Rangers in the second tier for their own self interest. Did the SPL fans want that?
The SFL fans wanted a 16 team top division. Did they get that?
The TV companies are the people who were pulling the strings. They made it absolutely crystal clear that Rangers , in whatever form, had to be included in the deal.
At the end of the day the correct decision was reached. Other clubs that walked away from their debt were not punished in the same way which is shameful but I can live with that. I would hope in the future any club who runs up exorbitant debt then simply walks away from it receives the same punishment as Rangers but I doubt it very much 

Starting again in the bottom tier was the bare minimum that should have happened and even then you were shoehorned in.

You should be grateful that there is a team still on the park at Ibrox and drop the hard done by attitude.

It was no one else's fault and you've rightfully been set back years by it but the punishments could have been much more severe.

Helping hand? Like when the SFA went against a UEFA directive and closed a transfer window early so we missed out on signing players.

The other clubs benefited financially to the TV deal that was only in place if Rangers were involved. Rangers received next to nothing.

Like withholding Rangers license to play so the club could play no pre season friendliest.

I am glad my club were punished the way they were as we , the support, can look back and say we did it on our own. We asked for nothing and we got nothing. 

The TV companies are the people who were pulling the strings. They made it absolutely crystal clear that Rangers , in whatever form, had to be included in the deal.

At the end of the day the correct decision was reached. Other clubs that walked away from their debt were not punished in the same way which is shameful but I can live with that. I would hope in the future any club who runs up exorbitant debt then simply walks away from it receives the same punishment as Rangers but I doubt it very much 

Lies and pish. Typical rewriting of history from a coward bigot.

Get it up ye cunto

Edited by DA Baracus

Rangers cheated, ran out of money and died.

Their less talented fans seem to think it's some sort of video game where you can rage-quit and reload your last save after things go tits up. They seem to be genuinely disgusted by the notion they should have to go back to level 1 and start again.

HOUSE!

ETA: (big) HOUSE!

Edited by Mark Connolly

I have read that sh*the of a statement from the SFA, stating that there's nothing that can be done so nothing will be done. Can I just remind the blazers that there was and never has been a 'temporary' or 'conditional' licence to play within the SFA rules. However the rule book was rewritten to let Sevco play against Brechin in the challenge cup. Rules, it appears, can be written to favour the cheats but not to keep the sport honest. If this is the case then with a heavy heart I will not pay to watch another game and will turn my back on a game I love, so cheats can gain 'tainted trophies'. Sickened.

37 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Starting again in the bottom tier was the bare minimum that should have happened and even then you were shoehorned in.

You should be grateful that there is a team still on the park at Ibrox and drop the hard done by attitude.

It was no one else's fault and you've rightfully been set back years by it but the punishments could have been much more severe.

This ^

But that would take humility, a word that starts with "hu" and we all know that all of those pages have been ripped out the Ibrox dictionary just in case someone is accidentally offended.