Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm off for lunch, but before I go....

Basically, as far it sounds as if all the other directors were pretty much frozen out after Whyte took over and he ran the whole club as a dictatorship. None of the other directors made anywhere near enough noise about it though!

Absolutely. As I understand it if directors have any inkling at all that they are not being given sufficient information to carry out their duties, and then do nothing about it, that in itself is a fiduciary breach.

It has been long established that "I didn't have a clue what was going on" is not an excuse for not carrying out your duties as a director, and that applies to non-execs as well as execs.

Edited by Bobby_F

I've been unable to follow this morning's lolathon due to work.

What have I missed?

TBK have walked away and are holding a Presser with Souness this aft?The SPL have released the judgement of the hearing, which could be summarised as 'you cheating, cheating, cheating bstards'Alex T says UEFA says deffo no euro footy for 3 years if they survive.

Anything else?

Why is Kennedy being seen as the saviour? Stockport fans hate him for the way he ran the club, so why would he suddenly be different at Ibrox?

The Blue Knights appear to be all mouth but when asked to drop their trousers they run a mile, media whores of the worst kind.

Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

Brian Kennedy is holding a press conference in Glasgow, probably at 3. He's suggesting an interesting name will be there too #RFC

16m Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC

@mattslaterbbc Mr Souness?

12m Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

@BenSmithBBC the other very successful recent Ibrox manager with Merseyside links

Sir Walter arises?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then the orcs call to battle will come as Uncle Watty pours his heart out saying the Duff & Phelps wouldnt listen to reason from RaPeepuls representatives

So are the London Billionaires the new owners?

they are the richest men in the world and can gain immediate access to the EPL and the Champions League next season and are apparently huge fans of the "party songs". Looks like rangers have really landed on their feet.

The tribunal has likened the tax evasion by rangers as being on a par with the serious charge of match fixing.

Final straw as that's the SFA's job through appointing the right referee who can award penalties for Rangers until they score one (say 3)

Then the orcs call to battle will come as Uncle Watty pours his heart out saying the Duff & Phelps wouldnt listen to reason from RaPeepuls representatives

So this is the launch of AFC Rangers of Govan, and Neil Doncaster et al are sat back in their office thinking of a way to usher them straight in to the big league.

Another nugget from the Tribunal:

The Tribunal took into account the extraordinary circumstances of the offences and the extent to which Rangers FC through its directors had been apparently misled and deceived by Mr Craig Whyte. Against that it took the view that whatever their position a number of individual directors and employees must have known that what was happening within Rangers FC was entirely wrong and illegitimate but they chose to do nothing to bring it to the attention of the public. That may be matter for their long term reflection but it does reduce the mitigatory impact of the suggestion that Rangers FC were innocent victims.

Brian Kennedy is holding a press conference in Glasgow, probably at 3. He's suggesting an interesting name will be there too #RFC

16m Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC

@mattslaterbbc Mr Souness?

12m Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

@BenSmithBBC the other very successful recent Ibrox manager with Merseyside links

Sir Walter arises?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fergus Mcann?

No other Club would be allowed to carry on the way Rangers have and for this long.

Just shut that c**t of a club down once and for all ffs hunbash.gif

This extract from the SFA tribunal made me smile (sorry about spacing)

.......That it was unclear to Mr Andrew Dickson, Head of Football Administration, what was the role of Mr Gordon Smith, Director of Football and Executive Director. who was appointed by Mr Craig Whyte on 18 June 2011. No job description or remit for Mr Gordon Smith was ever provided to Mr Andrew Dickson. Mr Andrew Dickson remained entirely unclear as to Mr Gordon Smith’s role or function or in respect of any matter in which he may have been involved in his position..

..I'm also told HMRC has been kept in loop with developments & has a big powwow of its own this afternoon #RFC

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Maybe HMRC are turning up in person to deliver the judgement for the BIgtax case, along with a few articulated trucks to start wheeling stuff of to the auction house

The Blue Knights appear to be all mouth but when asked to drop their trousers they run a mile, media whores of the worst kind.

That may be the worst mixed metaphor i have ever read. Funny though.