Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

'Mon the non-OF love-in. :wub:

Dunfermline are a really poor football team, I'm glad they were relegated this week. You are a first division team, enjoy.

Team: Celtic.

Aye, good one.

I've heard it's a Michael Knighton/Giovanni Di Stefano/ Frank Abagnale triumvirate, with a Mr Kenneth Dodd on hand to deal with the HMRC.

What about that Angelo Massone chap who nearly wiped out Livingston, got their electric cut off and ran up thousands of pounds in unpaid parking fines.. :D

"It is most unusual for us to comment publicly on individual bids but due to the allegations made by Mr Kennedy and Mr Murray today with the regard to our conduct as administrators we feel compelled to reveal important facts in relation to the various Blue Knights attempts to buy the Club.

"For the avoidance of doubt some of the comments made at today's press conference were grossly misleading.

"First I would state unequivocally, that every opportunity was afforded to these parties.

"The fundamental reason we could not proceed with the Blue Knights/Ticketus combination was that we were advised there was not agreement within the consortium in relation to the funding of their bid.

"Throughout the process Mr Kennedy told us repeatedly he would be the 'last man standing'. As Mr Kennedy today made a virtue of explaining publicly details of his bid we are in a position to comment on those remarks. Of the £5.5 million cash on 'day one' figure Mr Kennedy quoted, £3.5 million of that would be provided by us in any case from the Club's debtors.

"The bid structure also factors in performance in Europe, and reaching the later stages of the UEFA Champions League which cannot be achieved next season for example.

"We therefore find it extraordinary and very disappointing that Mr Kennedy in particular should assert that the amount being offered is irrelevant. Time and again he and others have been afforded the opportunity to become the best bid in play and it has not happened. We have a statutory duty to accept the best bid that is deliverable.

"The bid should also be commercially better than the liquidation of the business. Mr Miller's bid was deliverable but he chose not to proceed. We firmly believe the best interests of the Club would be served by all involved in the process respecting the bidding process."

Do these worthless fucks never learn?

Over the past few months, we have seen more sheer stupidity, ignorance, hysteria and downright idiocy than we should ever witness in our lifetime....and that's just from the press. What has gone on at Rangers over the past year alone going by the report from the SFA is just downright scary and damning of not only Whyte, but of the Rangers board room.

The next few weeks will be fun.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

"The bid structure also factors in performance in Europe, and reaching the later stages of the UEFA Champions League which cannot be achieved next season for example.

Even if Rangers were in good financial health there's no way they'd get past the group stages if they were lucky enough to get that far.

Did anyone believe in D&Ps spin about the London based consortium with serious, serious money fronted by Wallie Smith.

Seems Ab Lincoln was right - You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can fool all of Ra peeples all of the time.

Obviously missed the part.

No Dufus I didn't. You will miss the OF if we are gone. Your team couldn't pay the salary of your players because you were reliant on monies that was generated by the Rangers travelling support to your stadium. I thin you and other diddies seem to miss this part.

Do these worthless fucks never learn?

To be fair it took your lot a couple of goes at it. The SPL chairmen also seem to be a bit quick in budgeting based on unlikely events with basing things on Rangers being in the SPL next season.

Edited by stonedsailor

Given the stances of managers in regards to Rangers and the thought of having them in the SPL, am I right in saying it is just Yorkston (and by association, Dunfermline) and the fans of every other non-Rangers Scottish Club against Rangers? All other Clubs are for saving them in the SPL, integrity be damned? huh.gif

Looks that way. But of course all those managers are just temporary caretakers in their current positions, they will eventually move on. In the short term they are quite prepared to live with the long term effects of their actions. In their utter arrogance they choose to take no notice of the ground swell of opinion of fans who have supported these clubs for decades. It appears that any Chairman, Manager or Player interviewed by any arm of the media cannot emphasise enough their belief that we have to have an RFC in the SPL it's of no interest to them that RFC have cheated their way to trophies and titles. They are interested only in the probable effects upon their immediate financial position of not having them there. They are quite happy to maintain the status quo as long as the money keeps coming in.

Anyway I've lost my place some 20 pages back, does that mean I have to go back and start at page 1 again. :huh:

Sky Sports @SkySportsRangers' administrators have confirmed talks with two interested parties to buy the club are at an 'advanced stage'.http://bit.ly/K95LBL

Expand

I thought we were at a very, very advanced stage this afternoon. Going backwards again.

I wouldn't be happy with D&P taking out my bins never mind trying to sell my club.

Vanguard Bears two days ago on twitter: appeals for calm and unity

Vanguard Bears last two hours on twitter: Denounce Follow Follow, rant about "the enemy within" and say FF will be dealt with at the appropriate time.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

The only drawback of this is I am heading down the pub tonight with a bunch of people who have long since learned to rapidly change the subject when I bring up Scottish football.