Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can't remember who originally posted this, but as far as I'm concerned, it's still the best post in this entire thread. Makes me chuckle every time. :)

As I Was Walking Down The Copland Road,

I Met A Bunch Of Strangers,

And They Said To Me Are You Going To See,

The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

- Nope.

http://www.scotsman....uture-1-2292200

How can Haudit and Daudit offer two year contracts to players?

How does resigning work? Do they rip up original contract and implement a new one? Was the ban on new registrations?

How about having a Pie and Bovril award for Sporting Integrity when the saga finally comes to a close?

A bit like the various Rangers lists of enemies, but in our case, heroes. There may be a fair amount of overlap.. tongue.gif

Early Nominations

Bill Saporito

Stuart Cosgrove

Chistopher Brookmyre

Alex Thomson

Aberdeen fans who wrote the letter, and a special mention for the guy who ripped Chick and Tom English apart on a BBC phone in a while back..

Edited to make up for an unforgivable lapse of memory

Wot...no Aberdeen?

A worthy addition to the the list..

670 pages till next milestone page 1690

also may I add a few others

The 50,411th post should get some recognition as seating capacity at STYBROX

Page 2,000 obviously.

Page 2012 as the year they got caught.

:huh: is there any more I've left out as momentous postings as this thread is threatening to be the biggest thread ever created ? Maybe we'll reach page 50,411 as this is dragging on and on and on and on and on ::D :D :D

EDIT also page 1872 ha ha

Edited by hellbhoy

The Aberdeen Supporters Trust for their open letter to the chairman. I'm fairly sure it was on this thread earlier.

No, IMO - their fantasyland detour into alternative income generation negatively afffected its overall impact and legitimacy.

How does resigning work? Do they rip up original contract and implement a new one? Was the ban on new registrations?

Yes. Can only [1] re-register (current) players and [2] register (new) U19s.

Edited by HibeeJibee

the players if they choose to do so tupe to the new co

which means they must be paid AT LEAST the same as they are just now as far as im aware

but have to sign a new contract to do it

Edited by itzdrk

Only if he puts his money (or more his vote) where his mouth is.

Wait, are we talking about the RangersMedia "People who have criticised The People in the minds of some People" list, or another list?

Yes. Can only re-register players and register U19s (i.e. new players).

The idiots on RAGERS MEDIA are wanting Aluko resigned but fail to see that he would need to be re-registered again as his contract ends at the end of MAY :D.

Is it possible the Thompson Twins agreed to the players reduction in wages in return to be able to go for sweeties in the summer, in order to reduce them as assets, thereby making liquidation not as attractive, thus promoting the newco pish they have been peddling?

I wouldn't put it past them to use it as leverage with the creditors ie liquidation will get you hee haw, go with the CVA (knowing they won't get a CVA), and thus a newco was born.

Great idea (for them) in a normal business, but football isn't. The SPL, SFA and Uefa are entities that are out of their ken.

Catching up after logging on periodically at work, but whats the script with Ticketus?

"Ticketus is now a creditor in a CVA and it is not involved in the future of the club in any way."

Catching up after logging on periodically at work, but whats the script with Ticketus?

Yes i want to get in on this question.

How can a company like Ticketus pay good money to buy several years worth of season tickets which got rid of Lloyds and then just be flung onto the CVA scrapheap?

Why can't they just uphold the agreement?

From watching the goings on at Rangers i've learned their are thousands of ways for football clubs to scam cash, i hope several other clubs watch carefully.

watching Rangers is like watching the Ocean trilogy, but the stars are far more ugly.

Is it possible the Thompson Twins agreed to the players reduction in wages in return to be able to go for sweeties in the summer, in order to reduce them as assets, thereby making liquidation not as attractive, thus promoting the newco pish they have been peddling?

I wouldn't put it past them to use it as leverage with the creditors ie liquidation will get you hee haw, go with the CVA (knowing they won't get a CVA), and thus a newco was born.

Great idea (for them) in a normal business, but football isn't. The SPL, SFA and Uefa are entities that are out of their ken.

Any club that still puts its players on the balance sheet as an asset especially after Bosman would be in trouble i suspect. A players resale value is impossible to quantify against what has been paid in transfer fees and wages so should be nowhere near the 'assets' column. wink.gif