Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Has anybody been keeping count?

When the SPL vote on the Rangers newco, Celtic and Hibs definitely against it.

So 9-2 at the moment. Any more, and what does the vote have to be?

Assume Rangers can't vote, so 7-4 will boot them out, yes?

And when is all this going to happen? Fixtures to come out June 18, y'ken.

Why would Celtic be against it?

I think they are technically insolvent after May (see my post above). They should be wound-up UNLESS new buyers/owners are funding running costs.

Even if they are insolvent as long as Duff & Duffer have someone with a hand up saying 'I want to buy it' they can keep going, but would I would guess have to cut costs dramatically.

Some desperate last gasp clutching at straws here.

Green has bought Craig Whyte's shares (his floating charge is still lurking out there)

He has a consortium which are funding a CVA backed by the administrators

If the CVA fails his contract states he will buy assets for a fixed price (now what these assets are is subject to speculation) and begin the NewCo process.

If the NewCo is needed and plan is backed by the SPL then it will be backed by the SFA, since it is pretty much the same group of people.

As far as the difference between a newco and cva is concerned, I don't really care. Both are within the scope of the law and SFA/SPL rules. I don't see why people would accept a CVA without boycott but then boycott a newco, it just seems like twisted logic to me. Both are just ways to ditch debt without paying the full amount.

Why would Celtic be against it?

They pretty much said they were last week.

Integrity mentioned, like Hibs...great excuse to get rid of them and more European money for them to compensate for lack of Old Firm games.

They can also bring through young players, rather than having to compete with Rangers all the time. More money saved.

Anyone with more detailed knowledge than me have any comment on this from the RTC Blog:

They seem to be saying that the SFA did not have the powers to impose a 12 month transfer embargo and therefore will be forced to concede to Rangers' appeal and overturn it.

Just watched Petrie on the BBC news and liked what he had to say, just hope some other Spl chairmen take note of what he said, especially about listening to the supporters.

Yes they should take note. Petrie never said he was actually going to vote against it. Everyone just assumes that Sporting Integrity means some form of relegation. No one has explained or reasoned why that is the case. Why can't sporting integrity be maintained with a points deduction, transfer embargo, fines and deduction of prize money.

I don't see why people would accept a CVA without boycott but then boycott a newco, it just seems like twisted logic to me. Both are just ways to ditch debt without paying the full amount.

Because they are a load of superstitious villagers who think that a 'new co' is some kind of witch craft that comes from the depths of hell.

They hide behind the sofa when ever Leeds United are on telly as they think it is actually the undead.

And for a motherwell fan to be commenting on CVAs.... :lol:

I believe we need 5 clubs to vote against. I don't think Celtic will be able to vote for a newco cos it'll come out eventually n the fans would go radge.

So Hibs, Celtic, Hearts maybe? Need two more.

Aberdeen? Have they given any hints yet?

Has anybody been keeping count?

When the SPL vote on the Rangers newco, Celtic and Hibs definitely against it.

So 9-2 at the moment. Any more, and what does the vote have to be?

Assume Rangers can't vote, so 7-4 will boot them out, yes?

And when is all this going to happen? Fixtures to come out June 18, y'ken.

Are Celtic definitely opposed to it?

There's been a lot of speculation on this thread today about the deal that Green has. Only two parties know, Green and Haudit & Daudit. I wouldn't trust a word that either of these parties utter. Anything they say will be self-serving bullshit.

Sure it was mentioned tonight, on the radio, that Livi will go to court should the SFA appeals panel overturn the case on Wednesday.

Couldn't find any linkage as yet,

It was indeed, though the Livi fans seem as confused as us about the rationale/legality of such a move: http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21366-Livingston-to-sue-SFA