Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Blurb for the show on BBC1 Scotland and Northern Ireland.

As this proud footballing giant stands on the brink of extinction, BBC Scotland Investigates the inside story of the scandal which brought Rangers FC to its knees. This is a programme based on dozens of secret emails, letters and documents which uncover the truth behind the tax scheme which threatens the club's very existence, and reveals what went on behind the scenes in the run up to Craig Whyte's infamous takeover. From the day Sir David Murray took up the reigns at Ibrox, through the nine-in-a-row Championship years to the ignominy of owner Craig Whyte's reign and the plunge into administration, this programme charts the descent from glory into chaos of one of Scotland's great institutions. Along the way, investigative reporter Mark Daly goes in search of answers to the questions every Scottish football fan is asking, and attempts to confront those who are responsible for the Ibrox club's plight.

Duration: 1 hour

"As this proud footballing giant stands on the brink of extinction, BBC Scotland Investigates the inside story of the scandal which brought Rangers FC to its knees. This is a programme based on dozens of secret emails, letters and documents which uncover the truth behind the tax scheme which threatens the club's very existence, and reveals what went on behind the scenes in the run up to Craig Whyte's infamous takeover. From the day Sir David Murray took up the reigns at Ibrox, through the nine-in-a-row Championship years to the ignominy of owner Craig Whyte's reign and the plunge into administration, this programme charts the descent from glory into chaos of one of Scotland's great institutions. Along the way, investigative reporter Mark Daly goes in search of answers to the questions every Scottish football fan is asking, and attempts to confront those who are responsible for the Ibrox club's plight." (bbc website quote, my bold)

Cue green goblins claiming "aye, but, oor titles mair tainted than therrz" :lol:

Time to buy Butterkist shares, methinks. RM meltdown ahoy!

@markdaly2: Biggest EBT beneficiaries named, did Whyte really "dupe" Sir David and questions over the administrators. Tonight at 8 http://t.co/GGLkvTvt

Popcorn required I reckon.

Which names would you enjoy seeing most;

Hateley,

Gough,

Goram

Walt Smith

Fat Sally

Must put sheets in sofa - if those names appeared I would wet myself laughing at the legends

Hateley,

Gough,

Goram

Walt Smith

Fat Sally

Must put sheets in sofa - if those names appeared I would wet myself laughing at the legends

Butcher, Gascoigne and Laudrup surely will be in it, Michael Mols ?, Van Bronkhurst ?, bet there's loads, what about the Little General himself ?, Tore Andre Flo ? Sebastian Rosenthal ?, Souness ?

Get the book flung at them, banish the cheating b*****ds.

Hateley,

Gough,

Goram

Walt Smith

Fat Sally

Fat Sally

The Flying Pig

Watty Waistcoat

Barry the crab

and just for shits and giggles, Tore Andre Flo

Hateley,

Gough,

Goram

Walt Smith

Fat Sally

Be hilarious if Hateley but others who have been media whoring to stop the campaign against Rangers were the main beneficiaries.

Christian Nerlinger is one of the main names I've seen floating about.

Was he not fairly rubbish at Rangers too? Into trouble to buy average players for big cash. The only time I remember seeing him was when he was shopping in IKEA. Should have got the furniture thrown in with the EBT.

I read via a Celtic fan on Twitter yesterday that Nerlinger set up a goal which put Copenhagen out of the Champions League. I assume that their angle will be to try and get Copenhagen and other teams to kick up a fuss about this to UEFA.

Pretty sure the EBT investigation is 2001 onwards so the NIAR legends are unlikely to feature, pity. That said, this programme should be pretty explosive and re-invigorate the Rangers must die feeling amongst the rest of Scottish Football fans.

I'll be having succulent Lamb with Minty Moonbeam sauce followed by ice cream, jelly and a sack of butterkist!

This should be good!!

Hateley,

Gough,

Goram

Walt Smith

Fat Sally

Sandy+Jardine+40th+Anniversary+Memorial+Ibrox+PM8J2fE7Qksl.jpg

Add Ogilvie to the list too. Lets see him squirm his way out of that one <_<

:lol:

Out of what one? They were not illegal at the time. This is just another 'exclusive' that is going to take up an hour of your lifes and will tell you the square route of f**k all.

If that is all they have to say then you have to question why your TV licence money was wasted on it.

I would rather they looked into exactly how much was known about Whyte before he took over...Was SDM really put under pressure from the bank or was he just determined to sell to anybody as long as it wasn't Paul Murray...Where has all the money disappeared to. Why was Jelavic sold before Vienna had been paid in full.. Is there any way Whyte/Murray could face prosecution over this whole fiasco. What was Whytes long term vision for Rangers, f he had one at all.

There is so much unknown and cloaked in secrecy around all the dealings the names of who was loaned money through EBTs is miles down the list...TBH i could not care less about that

I read via a Celtic fan on Twitter yesterday that Nerlinger set up a goal which put Copenhagen out of the Champions League. I assume that their angle will be to try and get Copenhagen and other teams to kick up a fuss about this to UEFA.

Arvekadze scored it ... What a goal!!! Anyway i am sure that is the reason...A Rangers player was paid legally through a tax avoidance loop hole that was declared in the audited accounts

Pretty sure the EBT investigation is 2001 onwards so the NIAR legends are unlikely to feature, pity. That said, this programme should be pretty explosive and re-invigorate the Rangers must die feeling amongst the rest of Scottish Football fans.

I'll be having succulent Lamb with Minty Moonbeam sauce followed by ice cream, jelly and a sack of butterkist!

This should be good!!

If none of the NIAR lot are in there, then I hope that wee scrote Novo is in there.

Was he not fairly rubbish at Rangers too? Into trouble to buy average players for big cash. The only time I remember seeing him was when he was shopping in IKEA. Should have got the furniture thrown in with the EBT.

The one thing i remember most about Nerlinger is Stuart Dougal clearly telling him to 'f**k Off' during a game at Firhill.

Wasn't actually at the Auchinleck cup tie Post IMO

We'd about 70% of the possession and umpteen shots at goal, and could only score once. Including missing a penalty.

They'd only three shots at goal all game (it was no secret they were playing counter attack only because they wanted a replay at Beechwood for the gate) but had a perfectly good goal chalked off.

If that had been given, they'd have been fired up enough to go for broke and grab another - that's the Talbot way of things. And on that performance that day I doubt we'd have held.

Stop kidding yourself - we got out of jail and a private jet to Rio that day.

"As this proud footballing giant stands on the brink of extinction, BBC Scotland Investigates the inside story of the scandal which brought Rangers FC to its knees. This is a programme based on dozens of secret emails, letters and documents which uncover the truth behind the tax scheme which threatens the club's very existence, and reveals what went on behind the scenes in the run up to Craig Whyte's infamous takeover. From the day Sir David Murray took up the reigns at Ibrox, through the nine-in-a-row Championship years to the ignominy of owner Craig Whyte's reign and the plunge into administration, this programme charts the descent from glory into chaos of one of Scotland's great institutions. Along the way, investigative reporter Mark Daly goes in search of answers to the questions every Scottish football fan is asking, and attempts to confront those who are responsible for the Ibrox club's plight." (bbc website quote, my bold)

Cue green goblins claiming "aye, but, oor titles mair tainted than therrz" :lol:

Time to buy Butterkist shares, methinks. RM meltdown ahoy!

Good day for sales of ice cream and jelly. Of course, it could be the hot weather...

:D