Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1337728981[/url]' post='6263822']

To be fair 4,000 fans trapping for a friendly is some effort.

But if they'd just admit its the Poznan!

Ach, next you'll be claiming that the Italians, Croats and Germans invented the whole ultra thing when we all know it was the Green Brigade!

tongue.gif

SPL 2013-2014

Newco Rangers

Newco Killie

Newco Hearts

Newco Dundee Utd

Newco Hibs

Newco Aberdeen

Inverness

Falkirk

St Johnstone

Celtic

Motherwell (champions of Europe 2013)

St Mirren

From what I understand Stuart Milne has personally guaranteed Aberdeens debt with the bank. Milne would have to go bankrupt before there was an Aberdeen newco.

Ach, next you'll be claiming that the Italians, Croats and Germans invented the whole ultra thing when we all know it was the Green Brigade!

tongue.gif

ach.. You're right..

Bloody copycats.

Our position is nowhere near severe enough to warrant a newco. Our debt levels are being reduced year on year.

My comment was slightly toungue in cheek, though in saying that..

Even if there was no pressing need for Newco (I know there's not, the club is solvent and not close to admin) the debts at the club, while serviceable, must set the club back severely in terms of interest payments. If it was seen that Rangers get NO further sanctions (as Johnson seems to be pushing for) then it might look like a good avenue for a club like Killie with fairly substantial debts if they could pull it off getting stadium, hotel, SFA and SPL share transferred to a new company.

Ok, downsides being 3 year European ban and much reduced future borrowing facilities.

Whether it would be Killie or not, if Rangers set the precedent I don't think it'd be long before somebody else was trying it. Assuming of course that the additional sanctions, if any, voted in by the SPL at the end of the month aren't too debilitating.

From what I understand Stuart Milne has personally guaranteed Aberdeens debt with the bank. Milne would have to go bankrupt before there was an Aberdeen newco.

This is a subtle point on this whole new co business.

Tom Farmer

Stuart Milne

David Murray

Romanov

All got borrowing from the strength of there other business not the football club.

None of Aberdeen/Hearts/Rangers(until white took over)/Hibs are/were in suitable position

for a admin/new co to benefit the club at all. The storys of Hearts going into

Admin are just stupid the bank are the owners and main debtors why would they

do that to themselves.

None of these guys would get away with running away from the debt via Admin to a bank.

(one of them is the bank). What would it do to the above owners reputation by

new co-ing a football club. I would guess most of these guys have long standing

arrangements with banking and its in their interest to keep this good.

There is no question the bank would not let Murray sell till the debt was payed.

LLoyds tsb opinion of Murray would have gone up after the sale. An account

closed and a massive profit over the period for them.

It would be interesting how many banks have actually lost out on money owed to them from a Scottish club.

As far as I can see Motherwell and Dundee only really got out of admin because the main losers were the

primary investors who agreed to take pence in the pounds for soft loans.

Motherwell and Dundee the main losers were the owners.

The spin on this story from the Scottish media and Doncaster is incredible.

Edited by RotWeissEssen

To be fair 4,000 fans trapping for a friendly is some effort.

But if they'd just admit its the Poznan!

Poznan didn't invent it, Man City fans called it that because they'd never seen it before and so it stuck with the English media, whose knowledge of football outside England seems limited to Barcelona, Real Madrid, and whomever an English club are playing. Some Celtic fans (I guess Green Brigade) were doing it a few years ago, well before that, it just never took off at the time. They didn't invent it either, of course.

Anyway, Michael Johnston. Bit of an arse. The folk who have responsibilty for making the biggest decision in Scottish Football in years are clearly not up to it... we've seen that already with the various terrible decisions the SPL has made over the years.

Edited by deerokus

I honestly cannot remember Rangers travelling support being involved in any trouble while away from home and their reputation is not justified

Short memory then

You disgraced Scottish football then and you still do by denying that you have cheated for the past x amount of years.

Also, if you do manage to sneak into the SPL under a Newco, you will have a 3 year qualifying period before you can play in European competitions. That is not an SPL/SFA punishment, it is a UEFA rule.

Edited by Browni

Not sure if it was from this site. There was a well written letter which could be sent to the chairman of any club expressing the concerns of the supporter over the Rangers fiasco.

As the pro newco press is starting to gather pace, I think it's time contact the chairmen again and make our feelings heard, en masse.

If any one knows of the letter could you please re-post or send a link.

http://www.donssupporterstogether.com/open-letter-to-stewart-milne-re-upcoming-spl-meeting/

Celtic where shite in the 80s the late 80s that is they got slowly worse from the mid 80s till mccan took over ,we went something like 7,8 years without a trophy , we were that skint and badly run we were finishing 5 th in the league then 4 th while the tax dodgers hoovered up with there EBT backed squad.

The best that can be argued is that Celtic started to decline from 1982 onwards, but a term like decline is relative. By 1982, Celtic had won 15 out of the last 22 titles and were the dominant team. But even with lesser sides, they won the title again in 1986 and 1988 and were never worse than 2nd until 1989 (when they still managed a Cup win). But by any standards, Celtic could not have been considered anything like a poor team until the post-Centenary season. They were very much up there competing on all fronts (only bad luck prevented them from making an impact in Europe) for 90% of that decade. The problem was that NIAR was still fresh in the memory for the older fans and it was natural to judge the team by those earlier standards. Needless to say, the 1980's Celtic did not come up to those standards, but it is still very wrong to diminish what achievements they did make.

Poznan didn't invent it, Man City fans called it that because they'd never seen it before and so it stuck with the English media, whose knowledge of football outside England seems limited to Barcelona, Real Madrid, and whomever an English club are playing. Some Celtic fans (I guess Green Brigade) were doing it a few years ago, well before that, it just never took off at the time. They didn't invent it either, of course.

Croatia fans were doing it as far back as 1996 in the European Championships. Hillsborough was the venue, I recall.

Don't know if this has already been posted but apparently this is Johnson's latest pish spouting on the issue:

"I am a solicitor by profession and in terms of the distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors' point of view, there is maybe no difference," he said.

"In terms of how it affects a sporting competition, I do share the view and I think the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it.

"A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters. So you have got to be careful if you are trying to protect a football club which is a very long-standing and historical institution.

"You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy. After all, it's not the new owners who have done the damage, it is the previous owners."

Truly shameful stuff.

"the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it."

Johnston might be better employed reading the report from the SFA tribunal and subsequent appeal, before he gives his 'opinion'. They say otherwise and back it up with facts and legal precedents.

"distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors' point of view, there is maybe no difference"

"it can become quite complicated"? So? Or in Duff & Duffer's case, they can make it very complicated.

"from a creditors view", limited his argument immediately

"maybe no difference". Maybe??? Is there or isn't there a difference?

A really weasel statement. Trying hard to convince us there is logic in his decision. When anyone starts with 'I am a solicitor by profession', you know he is going to bluster and bullshit. We will judge you Johnston on what you do, not on your job title.

Having a look at the financial state of Kilmarnock http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC006219 we can understand why he is so desperate to avoid any short term financial pain.

Kenny Shiels in today's Sun talks a different game.

The Rugby Park gaffer pleaded for children in the town to come and follow a club where bigotry and prejudice don’t exist.

This club is free from prejudice, racism and bigotry.

“We’re a West of Scotland club with no baggage. If you’re a good parent and want to bring your children up in a way where they understand good values and also morals, they can come and have a fun time and enjoy it here.

“It doesn’t stink of external influences and if those parents want to send them to Kilmarnock, it would be a very good choice, I’d have thought. I want us to be better, bring better people into the club and go on in a better manner.

Any plans for the programme tonight ? I have the beer in the fridge and will order an Indian. Lets hope its good !

Make sure you order-in a succulent lamb curry :)

I had to laff at one of the RanjursMedia loyal who said the programme was bound to be a "load o biased pish" so he was watching Lewis on STV instead:

head_in_the_sand.jpg

lalalala_ottercanthearyou.jpg

Edited by Claymores

Johnston's comments are now up on the BBC..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18170192

Shameful stuff, and is akin to recording himself with a rangers branded dildo shoved up his arse then placing it on YouTube.

It's quite clear that Kilmarnock would go under should there be a reduction in the monies available to them if Rangers were either removed from the SPL (or removed from the SFA). He really should be honest about it rather than claiming he has Rangers' best interests at heart..

"So how many more penalties should be piled on top of a club that is trying to recover from a desperate situation and a group of people who have no part to play in the bad things that have happened in the past?"
Edited by Ric

OH FFS - onne of the articles in the Daily Record online today is:

"Rangers eye move for Hearts hero Ian Black.. if they can overturn SFA transfer embargo" - I wish these cunts would just GTF :guns

This could work for the Record:

Gers to roar to SPL title.. if they weren't a newco in Division 3

Currants could swoop for Italian ace.. if they still existed