Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In reality, Rangers are going to die this summer. No-one is going to save you.

Rangers (and Celtic) have lived off the diddies for over 100 years. Your time is about to come. The end is nigh!

My Saturday knitting bee beckons! :lol:

The End better be nigh...The fuckers have left me on -67..That is just fucking cruel :lol:

If this Knitting Bee is in the Bull Inn count me in ;)

Don't know if this has already been posted but apparently this is Johnson's latest pish spouting on the issue:

“I am a solicitor by profession and in terms of the distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors’ point of view, there is maybe no difference,” he said.

“In terms of how it affects a sporting competition, I do share the view and I think the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it.

“A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters. So you have got to be careful if you are trying to protect a football club which is a very long-standing and historical institution.

“You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy. After all, it’s not the new owners who have done the damage, it is the previous owners.”

Truly shameful stuff.

Apologies if already covered, but does someone have a link explaining the split of powers between SFA and the SPL?

For example, if the SPL voted to admit a newco, does the SFA have any powers to stop that club competing?

That's pish no.8. Rangers are always allocated that part of the main stand and both stands behind the goals. Those tickets went on sale at the same time as the rest. That's always been the way since we stopped giving the OF the east stand.

We give other teams the north stand and part of the main stand. The additional allocation given to Rangers is the Ormond Stand-behind the goal at the car park end. That stand is usually used as a family stand for non OF games.

OK...i believe you..When i got in touch with St Johnstone after being let down at the last minute we were told a limited number of tickets were left for the Mian Stand. I just took it for granted they were additional tickets

I know how the other fans feel outside the old firm not winning anything or little chance coz Celtic were absolutely dire through the 80's and early 90's and looked like no hope of being as side in contention against a very strong Aberdeen,Dundee Utd,Hearts and Rangers.We struggled to even qualify for Europe FFS.

OMGZ! :o

Get fucked.

If hellbhoy really thinks Celtic were dire throughout the 80s, then we have another OF fan who lives in another galaxy. 4 League titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup. What a trouper for putting up with that shite!

Edited by Owsley

If hellbhoy really thinks Celtic were dire throughout the 80s, then we have another OF fan who lives in another galaxy. 4 League titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup. What a trouper for putting up with that shite!

Celtic where shite in the 80s the late 80s that is they got slowly worse from the mid 80s till mccan took over ,we went something like 7,8 years without a trophy , we were that skint and badly run we were finishing 5 th in the league then 4 th while the tax dodgers hoovered up with there EBT backed squad.

"A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters.

You could do a lot worse than take your own advice and listen to your own supporters you nuckfugget

Yes agree with guys like Golden Shoe Winner that many 'wee diddy' clubs need old firm generated income.The David Murray era spelled the end of a competitive league and essentiallyWent on an unsutainable spending spree which has resulted in where we are today.Pre-murray rangers were a diddy team reliant on aberdeen and dundee utd To give stature to scottish football. The 45k crowds were nowhere to be seenThe old firm grew big from exploiting the bigots money and now we are all Crawling around in the gutter fighting over it. shame on the sfa etc for not doing Something about the sectarian element before uefa stepped in. why did it takeUefa to fine them when the authorities here could have done that. RangersFans moan at the sfa for being anti-rangers! Ha thought they were the people, The establishment? the blazers turned a blind eye to the bigots dirty money forA century and more. could go on..but I'm tired

Celtic where shite in the 80s the late 80s that is they got slowly worse from the mid 80s till mccan took over ,we went something like 7,8 years without a trophy , we were that skint and badly run we were finishing 5 th in the league then 4 th while the tax dodgers hoovered up with there EBT backed squad.

the shame and horror of a club going so long without any silverwear. I have been very lucky that i have seen my club win 3 trophies in a 14 year spell after a 40 odd year wait to lift a trophy

OK...i believe you..When i got in touch with St Johnstone after being let down at the last minute we were told a limited number of tickets were left for the Mian Stand. I just took it for granted they were additional tickets

As an aside, crowds at McD for OF games have plummeted in recent years. It used to be that we'd allocate the visitors over 6k tickets and get a crowd of 9-10k.

Now we allocate 5k tickets to the OF and there are often big gaps. And plenty tickets for sale outside. Also, the Perth public has zero interest in these games so we sell very few additional home end tickets. I'd be interested to see the figures but I wouldn't be surprised if our lowest home end crowds of the season were against rangers and celtic.

The End better be nigh...The fuckers have left me on -67..That is just fucking cruel :lol:

A few more posts of that quality and it will be -1967 afore the week is out :)

Yes agree with guys like Golden Shoe Winner that many 'wee diddy' clubs need old firm generated income.The David Murray era spelled the end of a competitive league and essentiallyWent on an unsutainable spending spree which has resulted in where we are today.Pre-murray rangers were a diddy team reliant on aberdeen and dundee utd To give stature to scottish football. The 45k crowds were nowhere to be seenThe old firm grew big from exploiting the bigots money and now we are all Crawling around in the gutter fighting over it. shame on the sfa etc for not doing Something about the sectarian element before uefa stepped in. why did it takeUefa to fine them when the authorities here could have done that. RangersFans moan at the sfa for being anti-rangers! Ha thought they were the people, The establishment? the blazers turned a blind eye to the bigots dirty money forA century and more. could go on..but I'm tired

When you come back see if you can find the return key.

That is embarrassing...For Falkirk and the SFA. Rangers sold out ALL their tickets and a fair amount of the returned Falkirk tickets and still we couldn't satisfy demand. It is totally lost on me why you think this is in anyway embarrassing for Rangers. You will have to explain that 1 to me

Not sure if trolling but hey ho i'm in a good mood.

Rangers in 09 had more fans willing to go to a league game against Inverness, St Mirren, Hibs, Hamilton etc than go to a Scottish cup final.

I know you sold out your original allocation, but you had a few days in cup final week to buy the north/east corner (like you did) but some fans decided not too.

I don't support a team that wins much silverwear so i don't understand why some of your fans thought f**k it.

Not sure if trolling but hey ho i'm in a good mood.

Rangers in 09 had more fans willing to go to a league game against Inverness, St Mirren, Hibs, Hamilton etc than go to a Scottish cup final.

I know you sold out your original allocation, but you had a few days in cup final week to buy the north/east corner (like you did) but some fans decided not too.

I don't support a team that wins much silverwear so i don't understand why some of your fans thought f**k it.

Scottish Cup Final, no biggylaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

£300,000 Was the figure i first suggested...That is a massive chunk that is not going to be filled anytime soon.

The initial claim was £500,000

Was that RM though?

At the last game of the season their home crowd would have been far higher but for scare stories doing the rounds that were totally groundless and were started on the WAP forum. Both sets of fans mixed well before during and after the game. I honestly cannot remember Rangers travelling support being involved in any trouble while away from home and their reputation is not justified

Too late now

For £300k to cover losing 'the rangers'

A club like St Johnstone just need to bump their home attendances by a couple of hundred.

A 'we need you' campaign or targeting lapsed ST holders etc would drag in a few.

Chances are that they will get these folk in by being in the Europa league qualifiers, if they do something daft like qualifying, then they've got hee haw to worry about.

(Thanks to the fermers lads for letting me yak on about this)

Don't know if this has already been posted but apparently this is Johnson's latest pish spouting on the issue:

"I am a solicitor by profession and in terms of the distinction between a CVA and a newco, it can become quite complicated but at the end of the day, from a creditors' point of view, there is maybe no difference," he said.

"In terms of how it affects a sporting competition, I do share the view and I think the football authorities have traditionally taken the view, that a football club is not to be identified 100% with the people that own it, or the corporate entity that owns it.

"A football club has its own identity which consists of various components – the history of the club, the stadium, the players but most importantly, the supporters. So you have got to be careful if you are trying to protect a football club which is a very long-standing and historical institution.

"You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy. After all, it's not the new owners who have done the damage, it is the previous owners."

Truly shameful stuff.

Rangers can go f**k themselves if they are going to try to use that for an excuse. They've had a ridiculous business model for years, they don't deserved to be spared the punishments because you're going to get new owners in. Were Livi let off from their punishment to help McDougall and co buy them after relegation? Were they f**k! They got sent to the 3rd division and had to work their way back up. Rangers should be the same. The sad part is, as much as I enjoy seeing all the wrong people in Scottish football squirm, you know they'll cheat their way out of this and be back at the start of the new season. Its stuff like this that encourages me to stop going to the football and to start saving to go abroad and travel. Football was the one thing that I genuinely enjoy about being home, but sadly the structure in Scotland is utterly fucked.