Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Really was that it?

Nope, that wasn't it. That was just the BBC turning the can opener and revealing some more of the worms in the can. The real big news is about to happen when HMRC, the SFA, and UEFA give the can a proper emptying.

But nothing new was really revealed...an hour of showing us all what we already knew.

You claim the can is to be emptied..that was what last nights show was supposed to be doing...as i said..Was that really it?

1337861890[/url]' post='6268005']

Really was that it? Just watched the programme and the upshot is .... Murray sold Rangers down the river to a crooked lying b*****d and D&P were in on this from day one.

We knew all that as Grier walked down Edminston Drive hand in hand with Whyte!!!!

As for the EBTs..It was hardly groundbreaking stuff either and we will all have to wait for the appeal decision to be announced.

The part that struck me as most poignant was at the very beginning, showing that Murray bought the club via exactly the same means as Whyte; with someone else's money.

I think the section regarding Grier was actually very important, but its effect was reduced by the nature of such maneuvers being essentially very dry. The suggestion that Duff and Phelps are effectively suing a part of the process in which they were involved is demonstrative of how shonky the whole gig is.

The PR phone interview was highly shit and completely unnecessary in what was otherwise a pretty well-structured hour of TV. I reckon there's plenty more to come out but potential litigation is preventing full disclosure just now.

I have paid money into the fund like thousands of others..I bought a Red and Black scarf..Bought the Wee Flags etc but i stopped after they seriously considered using some of the money to turn a piece of waste land near the ground into a nice wee garden and they were going to plant Orange Lillies.. :rolleyes:

Were they going to bury the ashes there?

Raith are calling. You know it makes sense.

If Rangers get a CVA through (ha ha), it'll not be in time for next season, so they are facing a points deduction.

Think they should go for a newco, as they might struggle to get out of Third Division starting on -25.

Anybody know if the newco vote will be a secret ballot? apologies if this has been brought up before.

Celtic and Hibs are against it, probably Hearts too, and I see Aberdeen fans are insisting their club votes against it, or else. Milne is sweating profusely as we speak.

One more and the newco is out, assuming Rangers haven't been expelled before that.

The part that struck me as most poignant was at the very beginning, showing that Murray bought the club via exactly the same means as Whyte; with someone else's money.

I think the section regarding Grier was actually very important, but its effect was reduced by the nature of such maneuvers being essentially very dry. The suggestion that Duff and Phelps are effectively suing a part of the process in which they were involved is demonstrative of how shonky the whole gig is.

The PR phone interview was highly shit and completely unnecessary in what was otherwise a pretty well-structured hour of TV. I reckon there's plenty more to come out but potential litigation is preventing full disclosure just now.

Agree regarding the phone interview; all they had to do was say "we invited them down to speak to us, they agreed, but they haven't turned up. Make of that what you will." and then moved onto the next section. Instead it was an embarrassing section of filler.

Also, Prince Albert :lol:

Really was that it? Just watched the programme and the upshot is .... Murray sold Rangers down the river to a crooked lying b*****d and D&P were in on this from day one.

We knew all that as Grier walked down Edminston Drive hand in hand with Whyte!!!!

As for the EBTs..It was hardly groundbreaking stuff either and we will all have to wait for the appeal decision to be announced.

I am sure during all the time Sir David Murray was in control of Rangers he acted in what he saw as the clubs best interests. I wanted him to sell as it was obvious the time had come for him to move on and even he realised this. His biggest 'crime' against Rangers was selling to Craig Whyte against the wishes of the independant board he had set up. That 1 decision is the single worst decision in the 140 years of Rangers Football Club and imo will ultimately lead to the death of Rangers Football Club as we know it. Nothing was worth this...Not 9 in a row...Not having the opportunity to watch some truly great players and certainly not Manchester. I would trade every trophy won during that period just to see the club survive but i am afraid it appears to be too late...Thanks Mr Murray...you have killed the club!!

Ah....you must have a penny too except your hasn't dropped into the RFF bucket. If anything, the whole 'a big boy did it and ran away' defence is now completely shot to shit. That's what the documentary has made a lot of ***s realise this morning. Barbecued succulent lamb with jelly and ice cream tonight

But nothing new was really revealed...an hour of showing us all what we already knew.

You claim the can is to be emptied..that was what last nights show was supposed to be doing...as i said..Was that really it?

APRD65.jpg

This has been your line all along "we haven't been found guilty yet" "nothing has been proven yet".

It diminishes in credibility every time you use it.

Last night's programme provided chapter and verse of the EBT scheme and who benefitted by how much- did you know all that already? It also put detail on what previously were suspicions- that H&D were darts with a wonky flight.

It also shattered the myth that SDM was "duped" by the cunning shyster Whyte and that he made an honest mistake with conseuqnces that could not have been foreseen at the time. The myth therefore that Whyte should be punished, and not the innocent-and-taken-for-granted fair maiden that is Rangers, was torpedoed for good.

What exactly do you need before you will accept what is in front of most reasonable people's eyes? Rangers are up to their armpits in corruption and tax dodging. Thanks to last nights programme and the issues it raises, the final way out of the bog into which your club are fast sinking- the SPL's sympathetic Land Rover with a chain for you to grab onto- is now out of reach.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I have paid money into the fund like thousands of others..I bought a Red and Black scarf..Bought the Wee Flags etc but i stopped after they seriously considered using some of the money to turn a piece of waste land near the ground into a nice wee garden and they were going to plant Orange Lillies.. :rolleyes:

Ok, after I nearly keeled over with laughter at this i suddenly realised how apt that would be.

The meaning of an orange lily.................

The orange lily symbolizes something dark and sinister. And is meant to be given as a gift to someone you hate, despise or dislike.

biggrin.gif

Clyde - could be in danger if their board decides sod it.

We are setup as a CIC now each member has one vote so it would take our own fans to vote in favour of becoming a Ranger Newco so they can scrub us off the list of potential targets.

We are only a couple of years away from repaying all our debts at which point we should hopefully start climbing the leagues. Our wage budget is pratically zero just now with everything going towards the debt repayment.

Silence! Chris McLaughlin has spoken on Twitter......

BBC Scotland understands that the SPL has set a deadline for D and P to provide the information they need on possible dual contracts..

Phew. We can all rest easy nothing to see here, lads.

Is that first deadline?

I have total faith that D&P will provide 100% accurate information. As they have fully done up to this point.

1337863401[/url]' post='6268088']

Is that first deadline?

I have total faith that D&P will provide 100% accurate information. As they have fully done up to this point.

Chris doesn't know the actual date set but understands that the next few weeks will be crucial and non compliance could see sanctions.

So, kick it into the long grass and hope they go bust on June 1st then. Well done everybody.

Edited by Araminta Moonbeam QC

I've missed a huge chunk this morning so don't know if this has been discussed but is there is any prospect of more fan groups following the lead of the Dons Trust supporters, making it clear to their chairmen just what they can expect if they vote a newco in? Quite pleasing to see that on the back page of the Record this morning after yesterday's disgrace.

Watching the programme last night and seeing the various cast of chancers that were passing RFC around like a 2 dollar whore, I actually began to feel sorry for the rank and file Rangers support who, for a change, had not brought any of this humiliation on their club. I even logged on a well know fan site to see what the general opinion of the programme was amongst ordinary ( I know!) fans. My unaccustomed sympathy vanished pretty sharpish:

Re: All Documentary Commentary Here ‘Anyone else convinced that after seeing Daly's anti-British hit against the police a few years ago and now his pro timmy documentary that there must be darker forces directed against us?

The BBC has aided and abetted this charlatan in trying to besmirch the good reputation of one of Britain's finest institutions. I fear that the Dublin cabal that is against us led by Dermot Desmond had his minions Craig Whyte and Duff & Phelps bring our club to ruin.

This plot obviously started years before as these ******s had their agents give Sir David dodgy information about the use of EBT's, which he and others at our club thought were legal until they were banned in 2010. The BBC is obviously biased against us and has actively taken up the next advanced step against our club with this tim Daly who bashed those patriotic coppers out of a job years ago with his other treacherous documentary "My Life as a Secret Policeman".

In a healthy society a man like this would be tarred and feathered but in our degraded society he's allowed to play a key role in this cabal that is aligned against us. One only knows where all of this ends but it's our job as Rangers supporters to stand up and countenance this menace! WATP.’

Not here is a spot question for all of you. How many replies were there after this entry that jumped all over it mocking its content and sheer stupidity? Yeh, you got it

I’m not surprised they ‘don’t do walking away’, who else would have them?

Wee Sammy the mechanic stole the show last night. Hope he's OK. He has Rangers tattoos and everything. :(

I've always been bemused by people who feel the need to fill their entire room (if not car, attic, basement, dungeon etc.) with Celtic/Rangers related merchandise. Anything and everything from bed-covers, coasters, posters, flags, little bear figurines, mugs, DVDs etc. etc. all branded with their clubs logo. In my experience it is mainly Rangers fans that do this BUT to be fair it all depends on where you are within Scotland.

It's almost as if they are incredibly insecure and fill their lives with overpriced items associated with a big, successful football club (in Scottish terms anyway) so that they can feel better about themselves and compensate for having such a shit life.

EDIT: Thinking on it, I suspect the reason it seems like more Rangers fans who purchase all the shite associated with their club is linked with how successful they've been in recent years = fans more willing to show their colours.

I can make an exception for children wanting their room filled with the team they supports merchandise, but when it's a 40-something manchild like oor' Sammy it just looks plain weird. I think, in my time supporting Thistle, I've owned several Thistle football tops, Thistle scarfs, had the odd match-programme strewn across my room and the most obscure item I've owned is a PeeTee toy. That's about the sum total of it.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

This has been your line all along "we haven't been found guilty yet" "nothing has been proven yet".

It diminishes in credibility every time you use it.

Last night's programme provided chapter and verse of the EBT scheme and who benefitted by how much- did you know all that already? It also put detail on what previously were suspicions- that H&D were darts with a wonky flight.

It also shattered the myth that SDM was "duped" by the cunning shyster Whyte and that he made an honest mistake with conseuqnces that could not have been foreseen at the time. The myth therefore that Whyte should be punished, and not the innocent-and-taken-for-granted fair maiden that is Rangers, was torpedoed for good.

What exactly do you need before you will accept what is in front of most reasonable people's eyes? Rangers are up to their armpits in corruption and tax dodging. Thanks to last nights programme and the issues it raises, the final way out of the bog into which your club are fast sinking- the SPL's sympathetic Land Rover with a chain for you to grab onto- is now out of reach.

Good post — have a green one.