Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Regarding the Prince Albert thing; is there any documented proof, other than the word of Andrew Ellis, that Craig Whyte said this?

It seems way, way too far-fetched to have been bullshit from Ellis, and I can't for the life of me think of any real motivation for Ellis to lie on camera about Whyte's Walter Mitty moment (unless someone else can think of anything?) but I take everything the man says with a pinch of salt.

We all knew D&P were involved with Whyte from day one. We know they are not acting in the clubs best interests

We know SDM was not duped...He recently admitted he went as far as googling Craig Whyte before selling the club to him. Do you honstly think that is the absolute minimum he should have done? Surely before such a decision Murray should have looked into Whytes background and done a helluva lot more than fucking google him!!

As for the EBTs there was absolutely nothing new there...Names and the amounts they were loaned means absolutely nothing if Rangers win the appeal and nthing in last nights programme suggests they will lose it

Well for one, you might have a point if it was the original case, but its an appeal, so its unlikely anything will come up to change that ruling.

Would it change much anyway if the big tax case went Rangers way? There is still a whole lot of debt and a whole lot of contract issues remaining even without the big tax case.

personally if Rangers get liquidated which is looking a nailed on certainty, they should be banned from forming a newco and the rangers supporters should be sent to edinburgh castle to be beheaded for treason to the crown for failing to pay the queen's taxes

By the time they got past the tram works they'd all be dead of old age. :rolleyes:

http://blogs.channel...old-breath/1635

Latest opinions of Alex Thomson on last nights BBC program

That blog actually made me realise what is going on in this sorry saga in one fell swoop. very informative.I think i need to stop reading this thread .There's too many bangers feeding me shite on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding the Prince Albert thing; is there any documented proof, other than the word of Andrew Ellis, that Craig Whyte said this?

It seems way, way too far-fetched to have been bullshit from Ellis, and I can't for the life of me think of any real motivation for Ellis to lie on camera about Whyte's Walter Mitty moment (unless someone else can think of anything?) but I take everything the man says with a pinch of salt.

My theory is that Ellis just misunderstood Whyte who answered the question about his collateral with: " Well, I've got my Prince Albert."

Apparently it's made of platinum.

We all knew D&P were involved with Whyte from day one. We know they are not acting in the clubs best interests

We know SDM was not duped...He recently admitted he went as far as googling Craig Whyte before selling the club to him. Do you honstly think that is the absolute minimum he should have done? Surely before such a decision Murray should have looked into Whytes background and done a helluva lot more than fucking google him!!

As for the EBTs there was absolutely nothing new there...Names and the amounts they were loaned means absolutely nothing if Rangers win the appeal and nthing in last nights programme suggests they will lose it

The proof of side letters does suggest that there were second contracts though and that should be more worrying for Rangers than the financial stuff at this stage. The punishment for 10 years worth of dodgy contracts wouldn't rely on the other (cowardly) spl chairmen and as the SFA have already shown that they are willing to punish Rangers for wrongdoing proof of second contracts would be pretty major.

I've always been bemused by people who feel the need to fill their entire room (if not car, attic, basement, dungeon etc.) with Celtic/Rangers related merchandise. Anything and everything from bed-covers, coasters, posters, flags, little bear figurines, mugs, DVDs etc. etc. all branded with their clubs logo. In my experience it is mainly Rangers fans that do this BUT to be fair it all depends on where you are within Scotland.

It's almost as if they are incredibly insecure and fill their lives with overpriced items associated with a big, successful football club (in Scottish terms anyway) so that they can feel better about themselves and compensate for having such a shit life.

EDIT: Thinking on it, I suspect the reason it seems like more Rangers fans who purchase all the shite associated with their club is linked with how successful they've been in recent years = fans more willing to show their colours.

I can make an exception for children wanting their room filled with the team they supports merchandise, but when it's a 40-something manchild like oor' Sammy it just looks plain weird. I think, in my time supporting Thistle, I've owned several Thistle football tops, Thistle scarfs, had the odd match-programme strewn across my room and the most obscure item I've owned is a PeeTee toy. That's about the sum total of it.

I have a thistle sticker on my car, does that count? lol

I used to work with a guy that had every room in his house painted the exact shade of blue rangers wear. EVERY ROOM!!! All carpets were either blue or red. He had framed jerseys, and a framed Andy Goram gloves. His missus was incredibly hot, but even she couldnt make a rankers top look good.

the daly documentary/docutainment programme.

a lot of tabloid like nonsense. the presenter said "lets get to the bottom of how rangers are in this mess" then took up 20 mins ging on about the offshore payments which have nothing to do with the present administration situation.ad may yet be legal anyway

very little was said about the report he sfa looked at that gave details about the lead up to the sale where everyone knew but did nothin to notify authorities or fans.

Edited by prawnsandwich

Is it just me, or is it, after last nights revelations/affirmations, just a wee bit petty for the green and blue trogs to be arguing over one EBT which was resolved to HMRC's satisfaction years ago? Time and a place for whataboutery chaps, and that place would be.....

OF Forum for this pish!

BTW Div, any plans to replace the OF Forum when it's no longer relevant?

i think you'll find that most of arguing over the celtic EBT is from diddy trolls :rolleyes:

the daly documentary/docutainment programme.

a lot of tabloid like nonsense. the presenter said "lets get to the bottom of how rangers are in this mess" then took up 20 mins ging on about the offshore payments which have nothing to do with the present administration situation.ad may yet be legal anyway

very little was said about the report he sfa looked at that gave details about the lead up to the sale where everyone new but did nothin to notify authorities or fans.

Hiya Traynor, Hiya pal :bounce2

Edited by killingfloorman

After Cockwomble was shown-up for not pressing-on with the investigation:

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

BBC Scotland has learned the #SPL has set a deadline for #Rangers administrators to provide info they need on possible dual contracts

No date given for deadline, but I'm told next couple of weeks could be crucial. If #Rangers don't comply, sanctions could follow

I have a thistle sticker on my car, does that count? lol

I used to work with a guy that had every room in his house painted the exact shade of blue rangers wear. EVERY ROOM!!! All carpets were either blue or red. He had framed jerseys, and a framed Andy Goram gloves. His missus was incredibly hot, but even she couldnt make a rankers top look good.

His wang or bank balance must've been massive.

Edited by P45

After Cockwomble was shown-up for not pressing-on with the investigation:

BBC Scotland has learned the #SPL has set a deadline for #Rangers administrators to provide info they need on possible dual contracts

No date given for deadline, but I'm told next couple of weeks could be crucial. If #Rangers don't comply, sanctions could follow

I'm told that i could be the sexiest guy in the world :lol: