Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think Hearts were using EBTs. Their tax scam was to have players sign for FBK Kaunas and then sign them on loan. At times the number of players they had on loan from Kaunas was in double figures. I believe this allowed their players to pay lower tax rates, but as far as I know it was completely legal.

Edited by craigkillie

People frequently mention the attempted signing of Cousin as a disgrace. In its own right it is of course. However, even allowing for my impartiality, I find the biggest disgrace of the lot was Rangers trying to buy Sandaza from Saints as late as the end of the January window. They obviously wouldn't have intended paying a penny of any transfer fee for him so even right at the end they were trying to screw a fellow SPL club over.

As a side effect it also clouds my judgement of Steve Brown and Steve Lomas given their public utterings a few weeks after this.

They also tried to buy Grant Hold in January

And they wonder why they are under a transfer embargo :rolleyes:

1338048412[/url]' post='6274407']

They also tried to buy Grant Hold in January

And they wonder why they are under a transfer embargo :rolleyes:

And they wonder why, despite desperate attempts to big up a bunch of EDL muppets acting hard on twitter and a pub dispute between Celtic fans, the Internet is filled with NCFC-Celtic love....

Why did they not just pay the going price for Sendazza and Holt if they weren't going to pay? Doesn't make sense.

The clubs involved might have been a bit concerned if they received a transfer offer from Rangers for a star player along the lines of "a packet of monster munch and some tic-tacs now, but £5million pounds next year! Honest!"

Why did they not just pay the going price for Sendazza and Holt if they weren't going to pay? Doesn't make sense.

It's been a very long time since Rangers payed the going price for any player.

For the press to slaver that Rangers are major players in football is just complete nonsense.

They are nothing but cheapskates using their reputation as trophy winners to get players onboard.

Winning a Scot cup, League cup or title with Rangers must be extremely hollow compared with any of the other 40 clubs up here.

I don't think Hearts were using EBTs. Their tax scam was to have players sign for FBK Kaunas and then sign them on loan. At times the number of players they had on loan from Kaunas was in double figures. I believe this allowed their players to pay lower tax rates, but as far as I know it was completely legal.

You might be right, but I find it strange that Vlad has kept so quiet, with not even a "Mowgli knew, Mowgli told you the monkeys were cheating, but you didn't listen, called Mowgli mad..". Maybe he's just had enough, or he's too busy shredding documents at UKIO bank to comment on Rangers' problems.

Are you referring to the BoS employee and director of a recently relegated SPL club who was handing money out like sweeties. I believe the legal term used when Halifax merged with with BoS and saw the level of lending was......"What the f**k yeez daen man?"

I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, i really hope it's wind.

A cheque from Rangers is like lending a tenner to a jakey who says "I will gie you it back, honest"

1338049366[/url]' post='6274451']

You might be right, but I find it strange that Vlad has kept so quiet, with not even a "Mowgli knew, Mowgli told you the monkeys were cheating, but you didn't listen, called Mowgli mad..".

Out of greenies, but this is brilliant imagery.

Been out enjoying the sun all day guys, came back in to catch up on the geatest thread in the world ever. Good to see you've been keeping up the great work. No8 you're a cockwomble BTW

I think to be fair 40% wouldnt be that off an assesment for percentafe of populace who are into football who lean to rangers. id say probably for celtic likewise.

I also think though once rangers go bust then the market for new loyalties to be created will become far more open and therefore there will for the first time since the 80s be something to play for all the other teams in existence.

for me the final nail in the coffin for attending football was the henry mcleish report which was all about further accentuating all that is wrong in scottish football. Ive maybe been to 2 or 3 games in the last two seasons or so.

In the event of rangers going proper bust then i would seriously consider attending regularly again because there would be some point to football again.. Im sure lots of people who no longer go to the football feel similiar and are watching this unfolding of events as much as i am.

So four out of five fans in the country are either trogs, orcs or have a secret "big team"? Well, here's a thought, an opinion really:

Any ONE of those Killie fans who I've known getting on buses from the Kadikoi, from the Bickering Bush, from Bellfield, Irvine and beyond, travelling up and down the leagues with the expectation of maybe getting a point or two at Methil, or a good humping at Cappielow, is worth ten of some gloryhunting knuckledragger who couldn't have found ibrox before Murray's Millions arrived, or any green bigot who has spent celtic's so-called "wilderness years" dressed as a green seat.

The same applies to fans of all other teams outside the Glasgow Cartel - I am proud of each and every one of you. What we are seeing now is not just piss funny for all sorts of reasons (hiya Chic! Hiya Andy (and Andy)!), but is possibly the moment when Scottish Football can start dragging itself out of the bigotry-driven mess it has managed to create in the last few decades. We should be deluging our clubs with communication from supporters' associations, trusts and individuals to explain to the custodians of OUR teams what we expect, what we hope for, and the support they can expect if a fresh wind of integrity can be encouraged in the game. If Killie can add 1500 to our home gate, that means around 30000 extra fans per season. Or, to put it simply, the equivalent of SIX home games against the Ugly Sisters. We don't need EITHER of them sucking the life out of our game.

The future may well be bright. What it most certainly isn't is orange.