Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye, both clubs have done this, except for one...

ETA: I know you're taking the piss, but there may be some RM or FF users around who believe that kind of bollocks - you know, irony bypasses, realitiectomies, that sort of thing....

just about to post but caught your edit, so I'll just add - maybe in one of goram's worlds, they did....... :D

just a wee question and then i will fvck off back to the juniors :lol:

whits this shite about rankers taking sfa to court over signing embargo.

does it realy matter if they win or not,dont they know they dont have and never had money for new

signings anyway.

Sorry if mentioned, bit I notice HMRC lost their case to remove the football creditors rule in England and Wales.

Wonder who they'll take their wrath out on?

MPs about to come down on that like a ton of bricks. Expect it to be made illegal after they have made the most of Euro 2012 and the Olympics.

Not sure I want to post this (as it supports the idea that the SPL might not decide to act against Ranjurs), but to flesh-out what you said:

Sunday Times

Oct 9, 2005

So arsenal got their proverbial collars felt 7 years ago & paid up, but rangers carried on with the scheme.

And we're expected to sympathise ? :lol::huh:

does it realy matter if they win or not,dont they know they dont have and never had money for new

signings anyway.

Don't you know that there are thousands of players out there willing to empty their bank accounts for the privilege of playing for the biggest team in the world? Messi will never be more than average until he has Rangers FC on his CV. :D

signings anyway.

This was covered in great detail yesterday. Go back to p.1230 (approx) and work your way forward, if you can be arsed that is......

See, I can't abide either cheek of the OF erse, but I do keep them apart on the whole issue of Rankers slow, enjoyable demise.

Celtic might be every bit as arrogant, bigoted and unpleasant an institution as the orcfarm, but in this case the union-jack wavers have committed many crimes, which are now royally coming home to roost...unless I'm missing lots of stuff, Celtic haven't been accused of that, so not sure how we can equate the two?

Yes, they're a horrible club, but I don't see how we can tar them with the same specific brush as RFC. We're not demanding Rangers sanction and demise because they are unpleasant, but because they have cheated - consistently and blatantly.

Or am I just being too objective...?

signings anyway.

They might not, but the ability to make signings seems inportant to their shady potential 'investors'

Mike McDonald has come-out and said he was willing (with others) to engage in a player-ownership ring and that's why he had previously been interested in joining Green.

Essentially, the ring bankroll the purchase of upcoming prospects, retain 'ownership' of the players then they (not Rangers) pocket the profits when the players are sold-on.

Read here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/22/rangers-in-crisis-tycoon-mike-mcdonald-quits-charles-green-s-takeover-team-over-sfa-transfer-ban-86908-23868604/

signings anyway.

'association football' is the long name of the sport, idea I'd that the SFA are ultimate authority in Scotland

Rangers appealed original decision on the transfer ban, but appeal committee with a high court judge on board upheld it.

Sion last year in Switzerland tried suing the Swiss FA and UEFA and their arses booted.

The rangers have been worse than sion

See, I can't abide either cheek of the OF erse, but I do keep them apart on the whole issue of Rankers slow, enjoyable demise.

Celtic might be every bit as arrogant, bigoted and unpleasant an institution as the orcfarm, but in this case the union-jack wavers have committed many crimes, which are now royally coming home to roost...unless I'm missing lots of stuff, Celtic haven't been accused of that, so not sure how we can equate the two?

Yes, they're a horrible club, but I don't see how we can tar them with the same specific brush as RFC. We're not demanding Rangers sanction and demise because they are unpleasant, but because they have cheated - consistently and blatantly.

I have to say, I agree.

There's the Juninho thing, obviously, but the general vibe among most non-OF fans on that one is that a) there's a bit of a difference between using EBT's as a method of complementing wages for 50+ players and staff over the years, to inheriting one from a player bought off another club and b) as far as I'm aware the Celtic-Juninho EBT situation got resolved to HMRC's satisfaction a good few years ago, so case closed.

I'm perfectly happy to take utter delight in one of Scotland's worst "institutions" going through its death rattle for now, then once thats all over and done with I can look forward to nipping into the Scots in Europe thread to laugh at Celtic's inevitable European humilation off of FC Unpronounceable.

All this, coupled with a strange optimism I'm feeling around Thistle's prospect of promotion next season = Life is good. biggrin.gif

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

All this, coupled with a strange optimism I'm feeling around Thistle's prospect of promotion next season = Life is good. biggrin.gif

I have a sneaking feeling that The Rangers imminent demise may see a wholesale restructuring of the leagues, making it a 14 team top table, with 3 or 4 up next year. Assuming Dundee eventually go up this year, I would have thought the Pars, Thistle and us will all be jostling for position.

Objctive you are, sir, and I applaud you for it. The problem celtic have is that is they no longer have a big bully mate with them to push their anti-competition agenda. For too many years these two have been operating hand in hand for their own ends, using the rest of us as training fodder while they ascended to their rightful place among Europe's elite. All I, and I hope most fans, are saying is that celtic will have to accept they are no longer a special case in Scottish Football. Remember, they were just as willng to drop the rest of us in the shite while they took "the biggest derby in the world" to the English leagues (at whatever level), or the Atlantic league, or whoever would have them both. And the point is - BOTH. They are business partners, who love money and couldn't give a shite about Killie, A*r, Morton, or anyone else in the game in THIS country. f**k them, f**k their mates, and f**k the arseholes who could never understand the sheer visceral feelings that this game inspires in us. You only have to look at he scenes after non-old firm cup wins to see what really caring about the game means. Neither of them ever have a parade- they just wave the latest bauble at their next home game, because it matters THAT MUCH.

I have a sneaking feeling that The Rangers imminent demise may see a wholesale restructuring of the leagues, making it a 14 team top table, with 3 or 4 up next year. Assuming Dundee eventually go up this year, I would have thought the Pars, Thistle and us will all be jostling for position.

As I've advocated, in my sig, for long enough. Our league set up should be replicated throughout ALL the divisions with everyone working the same system (& I don't mean in the same fashion as Rangers have).

This would also be a chance for root & branch change in our game. One organisation running the show, summer football, more equitable split of commercial interests, everything should be looked at.

Edited by kiddy

Was that guy at Dunfermline not the head of the Bank of Scotland at one point? Did the Pars really lie down at Rangers that last game of the season at Ibrox when the 'tic were at Killie? Come tae think o it was their team no full o ex bears?