Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

...but couldn't they have done this last week before we played them? :angry:

On the flip side, those players kept will be both relived and fired up to prove a point. Whatever state Rangers are in over the next couple of weeks they'll be like the proverbial wounded animal. To keep the analogy going, they say even dead cats bounce.

We play them just before the split, which will probably be a meaningless game for us, but I'm hoping by then the malaise will have kicked in.

Looks kinda (very vaguely) like the Dundee situation then. They have a chance to get rid of all the wasters while keeping the core of a good team on reduced money. They'll canter into 2nd place with a f*ck you attitude if they make it that long.

1330590597[/url]' post='6015236']

Don't believe it will be 11 first team players, but couldn't they have done this last week before we played them? :angry:

If its as bad as its made out to be then i would be hoping for even more, especially given the news that their failure to hand over the £80k to us has had such an impact.

I did see that an MP had likened it to theft and dont think its far from the mark, if i collected money on behalf of someone else and then refused to give it over i'd expect a visit from the police. Maybe clubs should be demanding ticket monies are recieved prior to the games - no money received, no away fans let in?

On the flip side, those players kept will be both relived and fired up to prove a point. Whatever state Rangers are in over the next couple of weeks they'll be like the proverbial wounded animal. To keep the analogy going, they say even dead cats bounce.

We play them just before the split, which will probably be a meaningless game for us, but I'm hoping by then the malaise will have kicked in.

Even once they've been reduced to a pile of maggots they'll probably still get the majority of the decisions. :rolleyes:

If we go down, I hope we take these fuckers down with us cool.gif

Still hope that it's them instead of you...

Edited by alimci

Even once they've been reduced to a pile of maggots they'll probably still get the majority of the decisions. :rolleyes:

Do referees get classified under the term of "Rangers' big wage earners"? ;)

My prediction is this after a lot of fafffing about and the loss of innocent jobs:

The Liquidation of RFC and RFC are no longer liable for any debt to HMRC or anyone except the secured creditor (s).

Mr Whyte is "owed" 18 million as the secured creditor

Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park are valued at less than 18 million - Mr Whyte now owns Rangers "History"

A "Blue Knight" then come along and rescues (buys) Rangers 'History" from Craig Whyte - I reckon about 30 million he's off to Monaco and Bobs your auntie...

This is exactly what is going to happen. Liquidation is their best option. Whyte will make a profit and stick two fingers up to the Scottish Press, SFA, and SPL.

My prediction is this after a lot of fafffing about and the loss of innocent jobs:

The Liquidation of RFC and RFC are no longer liable for any debt to HMRC or anyone except the secured creditor (s).

Mr Whyte is "owed" 18 million as the secured creditor

Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park are valued at less than 18 million - Mr Whyte now owns Rangers "History"

A "Blue Knight" then come along and rescues (buys) Rangers 'History" from Craig Whyte - I reckon about 30 million he's off to Monaco and Bobs your auntie...

Who, though, has £30m lying around that they want to put into Rangers? Murray tried for years to offload the club, for a lot less, and couldnt. Why would there suddenly be a queue of buyers willing to take on the mess theyre in now? A liquidated club would then need to do a lot of wrangling to get into the SPL

A lot is riding on Whytes secured creditor status. As a layman, its hard to see how he can justify it, but who knows. If he cant, then I think HMRC would hold all the cards. That would almost certainly mean liquidation.

They didn't. All wages were paid until the end of February last tuesday. Today's the last day of February and Smith is gone.

Durrant is the first team coach, most team's have a first team coach and an assistant manager, but i'd imagine a few coaches will go.

177 is right and it's 300+ including matchday staff.

Papac, Alexander are certainties i'd say. Papac is out of contract and we don't really need an expensive backup keeper. Edu has 18 months to run on his contract, I'd like to think he'd stay, but if Rangers really can't afford him, you never know. McCulloch has offered to take a pay-cut so i would imagine he'll stay.

No he isn't. He came on at the weekend.

Most teams arent in administration, up to their knees in dodgy debt :rolleyes:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but i've been told for their game last Sunday against ICTinks they FLEW up on the Saturday. If so that really beggars belief. Christ knows where they stayed but in the past its been what are probably the two most expensive hotels in and around the town, the Kingsmills and Culloden House Hotel.

if there's truth in this i'd love to hear their justification. The Megabus still runs up here on Sunday.

edit to add: I know flights and hotels would already've been booked but surely it would still've been cheaper to pay the cancellation fees and get the bus. Although it will be the closest they get to feeling like being in Europe for a while.

Edited by FilthyMack

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but i've been told for their game last Sunday against ICTinks they FLEW up on the Saturday. If so that really beggars belief. Christ knows where they stayed but in the past its been what are probably the two most expensive hotels in and around the town, the Kingsmills and Culloden House Hotel.

if there's truth in this i'd love to hear their justification. The Megabus still runs up here on Sunday.

edit to add: I know flights and hotels would already've been booked but surely it would still've been cheaper to pay the cancellation fees and get the bus. Although it will be the closest they get to feeling like being in Europe for a while.

Flights would've been 100% cancellation charge, so if there would have been no saving to be made in cancelling.

Better getting the staff to all drive to away games from now on - isn't business mileage a tax deductible item?

Fear has been stalking the corridors of the training complex and Ibrox

YIKES!

Sounds like a job for Scooby and Shaggy!

Scoobydoobydooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!