Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

so rangers will have been in administration for 3 weeks before pay offs begin, so during that time 3 players Davis, McGregor and Whitiaker have been paid around 28k, 25k and 20k a week each, which added up would pay the monies owed to SPL clubs awaiting ticket monies from them (Dundee Utd and Dunfermline).

now are the books so bad that they still have not managed to get any idea on what is happening, as we speak Pompey look as they will be going to the wall and have not been in admin as long, have also made cuts almost straight away (and they have a black hole of where money has went)

I heard Keith Jackson on Talksport earlier. He really was making it sound that liquidation is now an extreme possibility. "Bear" in mind Jackson is a Rangers fan, as is Gray, and they were all but resigned to the fact that death is not too far off.

Edit: I notice via STV that Charlie Adam has stuck the boot in saying he doesn't care what happens to Rangers, but hopes everything works out ok for his brother.

Also Craig Brown has said Aberdeen could be interested in some of the youth players if they get axed in the next few days.

Good to see the great and good of Scottish fitba sticking the knife in :)

Edited by Desert Nomad

I heard Keith Jackson on Talksport earlier. He really was making it sound that liquidation is now an extreme possibility. "Bear" in mind Jackson is a Rangers fan, as is Gray, and they were all but resigned to the fact that death is not too far off.

Well I'm off to bed, let's not hope the death is during these hours of comfort.

I want to see it, blood and all.

Remember Lord Whyte appointed the administrators ;)

I reckon a third to a half will need to be trimmed from the wage bill. Could be worse depending what other debts are being factored in......

Plughole awaits, glug, glug.....

Edit: I notice via STV that Charlie Adam has stuck the boot in saying he doesn't care what happens to Rangers, but hopes everything works out ok for his brother.

Also Craig Brown has said Aberdeen could be interested in some of the youth players if they get axed in the next few days.

Good to see the great and good of Scottish fitba sticking the knife in :)

Saw that interview with Popcorn Mooth earlier, he was very p***kly when asked if he had any feelings toward the club, bad or otherwise.

Just noticed on the BBC's Chris McLaughlins twitter - "Various options discussed betwene players and administrators at Rangers. 11 players go and 50% wage cut deferred until end of season" "Running costs until end of season £10m. Shortfall is around £4.5m. McCoist fighting hard to save jobs".

Also saying " 8 players go with 50% cut across the board now or NO redundancies and 75% wage cut. Situation fluid and a mixture likely."

Edited by Did someone say I scream?

You know the one thing that really stands out? This thread is now approaching 3500 posts and I cannot remember one post from anybody showing a bit of sympathy to Rangers plight. I think that says it all about how the rest of us feel about such a great institution.

We know that journalists read this forum, if in fact some of them don't actually contribute themselves, yet the vast majority still tow the line that Rangers shouldn't be allowed to die. They are still so far out of touch it's almost bewildering.

Saw that interview with Popcorn Mooth earlier, he was very p***kly when asked if he had any feelings toward the club, bad or otherwise.

Just noticed on the BBC's Chris McLaughlins twitter - "Various options discussed betwene players and administrators at Rangers. 11 players go and 50% wage cut deferred until end of season" "Running costs until end of season £10m. Shortfall is around £4.5m. McCoist fighting hard to save jobs".

Also saying " 8 players go with 50% cut across the board now or NO redundancies and 75% wage cut. Situation fluid and a mixture likely."

I always thought that one of the key roles of the administrator was to stop the club incurring further losses. Surely that means finding a way to balance the books now.

You know the one thing that really stands out? This thread is now approaching 3500 posts and I cannot remember one post from anybody showing a bit of sympathy to Rangers plight. I think that says it all about how the rest of us feel about such a great institution.

We know that journalists read this forum, if in fact some of them don't actually contribute themselves, yet the vast majority still tow the line that Rangers shouldn't be allowed to die. They are still so far out of touch it's almost bewildering.

let me oblige!! Rangers MUST not die!! Scottish football needs them!! Football will die in Scotland without them!! They are a great instituition!! They contribute vastly to Scottish culture!!

Please dont let them die :bairn :bairn :bairn

AYE EFFIN RIGHT!!!! SCUMMERS!!

I always thought that one of the key roles of the administrator was to stop the club incurring further losses. Surely that means finding a way to balance the books now.

This is it I suppose - when do they start running at a loss? Are they ok paying 20 players and 5 staff, but as soon as there are more than that, they're running at a loss? Or is it much much worse? If things are as bad as are being made out, it would appear that they're running at a loss as soon as they switch the fucking lights on in the morning and put the kettle on!

This is it I suppose - when do they start running at a loss? Are they ok paying 20 players and 5 staff, but as soon as there are more than that, they're running at a loss? Or is it much much worse? If things are as bad as are being made out, it would appear that they're running at a loss as soon as they switch the fucking lights on in the morning and put the kettle on!

[/quote

WHAT!! They are drinking tea?? Disgusting spending splurge!!

:lol: That's hilarious! Given the stick he got from the support at Rangers and how well he's done Adam must have a chuckle at their fans now.

I'd willing to fund the kettle, so long as they didn't add any tea to the hot water and drank it immediately after boiling.

Edited by vikingTON

These c***s no deid yet ? I'm going to need more polish for my dancing shoes mad.gif

I find it quite remarkable that another day will pass and the administrators haven't made any immediate cost-cutting announcements. Of course, they might do it tomorrow. On a Friday, the day before a Rangers home game? I don't see it happening. Can anyone see Haudit & Daudit announcing anything that would sink spirits immediately before 50,000 turn up to show support at a home game? I think they'll drag it out until next week. The whole affair stinks to high heaven. In all this time, Russell and Smith, the only two 'casualties'?