Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1338411037[/url]' post='6288724']

The Ticketus deal unravelled in the Court of Session a while ago. They thought they had bought property under English law (and English law is sufficiently different to give them a real right in future season ticket sales which isn't possible under Scots law). Otherwise it would be inconceivable that an apparently savvy company would leave itself so hopelessly exposed. Unfortunately for them they just took really shit legal advice prior to the deal.

And one explanation for their otherwise baffling inactivity would be they have a legal opinion as to the validity of the sale backed by a very, very hefty malpractice policy and have otherwise written off the whole debacle in their "what kind of United Kingdom has two frakkin legal systems" file.

It will be quite fun if they leap into action and claim they have a charge on the ticket revenue after the dust settles, however.

Turkey is in UEFA, it's a candidate country for the EU European Union.

dont forget that they also fulfill the most important criteria when it comes to deciding national status: they took part in the eurovision song contest ;)

Green paid Whyte his quid.

Wouldn't it be great if Sir (for the time being anyway) David Murray bought the club back off Green for £3 and we could go round again.

BTW - Well done again Stuart Gilmour (this ain't his first time he's stood up to a tyrant !)

I very much doubt it. He'll jump if Rangers get expelled/suspended from the SPL or the sanctions make Rangers a 'hard sell' for the investors. Winning in the CoS yesterday will keep him interested for a bit longer I think, especially as the the SPL stance on newcos is still quite airy fairy.

As I read it, any suspension or exclusion from ANY competition gives Green the right to walk away. The way things are going, I reckon he might well beat Bungalow Bill's record when he gets half a chance - the revelations just in the last few days have really upped the stakes. There must be a million more lucrative business opportunities out there without all the baggage that this festering hulk of a club is carrying. Carrying at the moment, I might say, without further Daly revelations, BTC outcome, fan boycotts/protests, possible heavyweight pissing contest with the SFA and the rest of the SPL.... Even their long-term business partners can't overtly support them without alienating their own followers!

Popcorn will be popped, jelly and ice-cream scoffed, and much ale quaffed - but patience, little ones. Enjoy the ride for failure, like success, is a journey not a destination.

p.s. Johnston is still a twat.

I am very conscious that there are new people reading this thread all the time and others who are struggling to catch up.  For their benefit here are a few pointers that may help:

Haudit & Daudit = Duff & Phelps

Cockwomble = Neil Doncaster

Charles Green = Craig Whyte II

SPL Chairmen = Spineless b*****ds (may be odd exception yet)

Rangers = Totally fucked

Hope this helps. :)

:lol: but unfair on Gilmour.

The rest will help in the paperback version of:-

'The P&B guide to the rangers liquidation.'

I am very conscious that there are new people reading this thread all the time and others who are struggling to catch up. For their benefit here are a few pointers that may help:

Haudit & Daudit = Duff & Phelps

Cockwomble = Neil Doncaster

Charles Green = Craig Whyte II

SPL Chairmen = Spineless b*****ds (may be odd exception yet)

Rangers = Totally fucked

Hope this helps. :)

Good one. I keep forgeting there are people who haven't read since day 1!

And to think I joined to slag Ayr fans before the semi-final, little did I know :D

i struggle to believe that to be honest.

surely someone's balls would be in a vice if they lost £24 million through sheer stupidity?

Here you go. Enjoy. Ticketus Judgement

The judgement was widely reported by media dimwits as a victory for Ticketus but that entirely missed the point. The key to the case was that Ticketus claimed that they had purchased a real right in future season ticket sales for matches played at Ibrox in the future and had placed this right in a trust. That might be possible under English law (Ticketus certainly thought so) but it's frankly nonsense under Scots law. The contract which Ticketus signed with Whyte/Rangers was prorogated to the English law but that only covers contract disputes. It doesn't cover property law and it doesn't include insolvency law. As a result of the judgement Ticketus stopped claiming to own the future season ticket revenues and accepted their position as bog standard, unsecured creditors.

Just got in from work and and am pleased to learn that:

a) If the look on Gilmour's face is anything to go by, the Chairmen are going radge.

Must have been something he ate, as he will bend over like the rest of them <_<

Can imagine that conversation then:

"Ah, the usual wager Randolph?"

"Naturally Mortimer....you're on." tongue.gif

Sorry, fatass finger+cheapass tablet=red dot instead of green, I owe you two greenies but have run out. You can take 14 days to decide if you'll accept 0.18 but you will also have the statutory cooling off period should you accept.

And one explanation for their otherwise baffling inactivity would be they have a legal opinion as to the validity of the sale backed by a very, very hefty malpractice policy and have otherwise written off the whole debacle in their "what kind of United Kingdom has two frakkin legal systems" file.

It will be quite fun if they leap into action and claim they have a charge on the ticket revenue after the dust settles, however.

Yeah, there's definitely more fun to be had as that deal unravels.

:lol: but unfair on Gilmour.

The rest will help in the paperback version of:-

'The P&B guide to the rangers liquidation.'

_52944757_gilmour.jpg

Standing up against Rangers cheating B'stards.

_50874653_3447467.jpg

Spineless B'stard.

Edited by Gaspode

Good one. I keep forgeting there are people who haven't read since day 1!

And to think I joined to slag Ayr fans before the semi-final, little did I know :D

At least you had a good reason. I saw this shitstorm on the horizon and thought:

"I'll need an alternative news source on this. I'll just check up every couple of days to see if there's any news on them. It will be easier than hunting through the Beeb and SSN. It's not like there isn't a load of other stuff to do. I mean, I could do with losing a few pounds, so the odd missed meal isn't a problem. Loads of people survive on less than six hours sleep a night. "

So, yeah, it's going good. I still post regularly, but it's a social thing, innit? I could do other stuff, I could leave this forum alone if I wanted to. I just don't want to right now, alright?:angry:

"P&B is bad, m'kay?"