Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This thread is impossible to keep up with!

As the CoS have referred the decision back to the SFA there aren't many options left open.

They can't increase the fine as that is already at the maximum (and won't be paid in any case)

Banning them from the Scottish Cup would be seen as too lenient and it has already been stated that expulsion is too excessive.

There is a nice middle road though that is available to the SFA and that is to suspend them for 12 months.

FIFA will be happy, UEFA will be happy and I'm sure justice will take care of the rest.

Except they don't. Most fans I know drink in The Bull.

I drink in Paddy's, I can say with out a shadow of a doubt, there is nothing in the pub associating it in anyway with Celtic or it's fans. There are tons of photos of the regulars before LC Final, SC Semi, 1st division champions day, ticket stubs, Illustrated St. Mirren pictures, a Saints shirt behind the bar and there used to be a massive Saints badge on the wall of the bogs.

Some guy has passed the pub, saw the name, saw St. Mirren fans inside and has exploded with seethe. :lol:

Gilmours comments were spot on, I am going to write to the Paisley council to get them to name the train station after him so all travelling supporters can remembr his wise words

Confused, 2 Gilmour Streets?

Except they don't. Most fans I know drink in The Bull.

thats how it looks to me aswell , that and you see quite a few st mirren tops heading into the bar point

I drink in Paddy's...

I knew there was a reason I didn't go in there... ;)

Seriously though, it's a pub, it's in town, and it's going to be frequented by fans. Can't say I've had more than a couple of pints in Paddy's, but I never saw it as a Celtic pub in any way. There is one in town (the wig or something?) where I was once and it is definitely of the green persuasion.

That would be a little bit tricky for them considering that Turkey is not in the EU.

Actually Turkey are associate members of the EU. So in a sense they are.

The fact is that Rangers as members of the SFA accepted the rules and the regulations of membership. They got a deserved punishment (or even a quite lenient one) and their sheer arrogance and ignorance took over and they've now cut off their nose to spite their face. I see it 2 ways here, they deliberately worked out that if they took the SFA to court they'd mess it up for everyone - the "If we're going down we're taking everyone else with us" or they just blatantly think they should decide their own punishment. Either way they've now put their heads in the noose. Do you seriously think if Scotland get expelled from European/World competition that Rangers will be automatically voted into the SPL as a newco by the chairmen of the teams that you've just risked their possible only chance of a shot at European competition? Without a Rangers in the top two it leaves a space. A space that every team should have a fair crack at. This could just be the catalyst that improves the game here rather than kills it. But only if the SFA do the right thing and expel Rangers permanently from Scottish football to avoid the rest of us missing out on a fair go at trying for European competition and the money that comes with it.

Edited by ReasonableGeezer

Gilmours comments were spot on, I am going to write to the Paisley council to get them to name the train station after him so all travelling supporters can remembr his wise words

paisley st james- paisley st gilmour

paisley canal- gilmour canal

paisley gilmour street - stewart gilmour street station

hawkhead - gilmour

i think thats them all tongue.gif

However there is also the largely defunct term of associate member. It has occasionally been applied to states which have signed an association agreement with the EU. Associate membership is not a formal classification and does not entitle the state to any of the representation of free movement rights that full membership allows. The term is almost unheard of in the modern context and was primarily used in the earlier days of the EU with countries such as Greece and Turkey.

http://en.wikipedia....#Related_states

So a bit like Rangers' membership of the SFA next season :ph34r:

paisley st james- paisley st gilmour

paisley canal- gilmour canal

paisley gilmour street - stewart gilmour street station

hawkhead - gilmour

i think thats them all tongue.gif

Least you got it, wee greeny for the humour

This thread is impossible to keep up with!

As the CoS have referred the decision back to the SFA there aren't many options left open.

They can't increase the fine as that is already at the maximum (and won't be paid in any case)

Banning them from the Scottish Cup would be seen as too lenient and it has already been stated that expulsion is too excessive.

There is a nice middle road though that is available to the SFA and that is to suspend them for 12 months.

FIFA will be happy, UEFA will be happy and I'm sure justice will take care of the rest.

The SFA can just ignore the 'comments' made by the CoS and tell Rangers that the ban stays and they should STFU or else they get chucked out of the SFA. The CoS comments have no legal bearing in the circumstances.