Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

While it's obviously heartening that clubs are taking a more removed and objective stance towards the whole debacle, I have to say that personally - I wonder what they'd have done in the same scenario.

I.e. if they'd had a sanction applied on them by the SFA which the SFA's own rules didn't permit them to apply - and also had no avenue of appeal as SFA rules forbid recourse to CAS or court.

Cynically, I doubt they'd all be quite so magnanimous.

Perhaps other clubs would have seen that it was a fairly light punishment and taken it on the chin, and offered a sincere apology to their rivals who they have cheated?

Ehhhh They did fine Rangers £160,000

Amazing that hatred can blind so many people...Rangers were wronged...This ruling was nowhere near the middle ground. They made the ruling up and it was then rubber stamped by a law lord who has previous for making it up as he goes along in cases regarding Rangers.

It was a massive own goal by the SFA and i hope FIFA absolutely hammer them for it...as long as that punishment is within the rule book

Plenty of bites on this one (and I'll join in)!

No doubt he'll be on "The List" as well now.

Yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaassssss get right in therrrrre

We've made the boycott list, I was getting seriously worried after reading some posts on orcmedia pleading our case, it's not often we score a late winner. He he it's only C*unty that will have them visiting now.

Ahhh but deep into added time there might be last chance for Killie's Johnston to charge up the field like Jimmy Glass to nod the last second winner...nah probably not

And Livingston.

On another note, its scandalous that the lawyer who appeared on Newsnight the other day has felt the need to post this on his blog <_<

A self confessed celtic goes on the TV and openly lies about Rangers and he gets 1 email that the police are dealing with. While that is regrettable it is nothing compared to what others are experiencing right now

Lord Glennie who has no allegiance to any club and gave an honest judgement has been threatened with 1 in particular promising to 'Shoot to kill'

At the same time we have 3 Rangers players who have been targeted by Racists and have been suffering this abuse for months.

McCoists 17 year old son threatened with death and his only crime is his dad happens to be Rangers manager.

And so on and so on

Ok No8, let say for the sake of argument that Rangers were wronged and have to accept alternative punishment.

Based on the options listed and in respect that the breaches they were found guilty of were second only to match fixing, what sanction from the available list would you consider appropriate and then justify your answer if at all possible. Think hard now, this is your chance to shine....

Very few have mentioned that Rangers were wronged by the SFA and the hand picked Law Lord!!

As i mentioned earlier the ruling was so obviously against European employment law it had no way of standing up in a court of law even if we had lost the CoS action

A registration ban is not against employment law. Rangers could easily have employed and paid a number of new players who would be free to train and carry out any other duties (community work for example), they just couldn't play any games. Basically, they could carry out most of their duties of employment with the exception of a 90 minute segment once or twice a week

He has already said that a long term ban from the SC would be acceptable to him,

But I'm asking why that is sufficient in terms of the breaches, that amounts to potentially one game a year if they go out in round 3 and would have almost no effect. Any team that budgets for a long cup run is being unrealistic so again, why would this be considered appropriate in respect of the breaches?

Ok No8, let say for the sake of argument that Rangers were wronged and have to accept alternative punishment.

Based on the options listed and in respect that the breaches they were found guilty of were second only to match fixing, what sanction from the available list would you consider appropriate and then justify your answer if at all possible. Think hard now, this is your chance to shine....

There crimes were not 2nd only to match fixing :rolleyes:

They should be fined..and they were. They should be punished but our greatest punishment was having SDM and Whyte owning the club. The shame they have brought upon us will take a lifetime to get over. We as fans are not totally blameless as we maybe should have asked more questions but at the end of the day you expect those in charge to at the very least to act within the law and pay the taxman

Do you think they should be thrown out the game because the Chairman robbed the taxman? I wonder if you would think any other club would deserve to be thrown out of the game for such an offence...I seriously doubt it.

I would think most supporters would have sympathy with any other club who had suffered from such gross mismanagement. It will take the club years to recover from this shambles if they ever do.

A self confessed celtic goes on the TV and openly lies about Rangers and he gets 1 email that the police are dealing with. While that is regrettable it is nothing compared to what others are experiencing right now

Lord Glennie who has no allegiance to any club and gave an honest judgement has been threatened with 1 in particular promising to 'Shoot to kill'

At the same time we have 3 Rangers players who have been targeted by Racists and have been suffering this abuse for months.

McCoists 17 year old son threatened with death and his only crime is his dad happens to be Rangers manager.

And so on and so on

Previous quote re employment law. Let's try to explain it with a different example: a hospital decides to recruit a nurse, but use her as a Doctor. Perfectly OK, except she doesn't have the required registration. No problem if they decide to use her as a cleaner tho, even if she is over 18. They can even pay her at doctor's rates.

1338473059[/url]' post='6290833']

It was age discriminatory...Get that through your thick skull.

You cannot discriminate in such a way under European Employment laws.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

The Bundesliga doesn't have Reserve teams. Instead, it has Under 23 teams. In other words, once they turn 24 Germn league players find their opportunity to get a game and thus maintain employment vastly reduced.

With your keen insight into EU employment law I suggest you cll your friends at HSV and Rostock to see if they've released any 24 year olds, take their case and win fame and fortune.

Note, of course, that the above is a league wide rule. The Rangers sanction is one team - the negative effect on any over 18 year olds employment prospects given the scores of clubs in Scotland, let alone the EU, is de minimis. They just go somewhere else. Employment law rights are about protecting employees, not employers.

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't quit your day job to become an EU employment lawyer.

They should be fined..and they were. They should be punished but our greatest punishment was having SDM and Whyte owning the club. The shame they have brought upon us will take a lifetime to get over. We as fans are not totally blameless as we maybe should have asked more questions but at the end of the day you expect those in charge to at the very least to act within the law and pay the taxman

Do you think they should be thrown out the game because the Chairman robbed the taxman? I wonder if you would think any other club would deserve to be thrown out of the game for such an offence...I seriously doubt it.

I would think most supporters would have sympathy with any other club who had suffered from such gross mismanagement. It will take the club years to recover from this shambles if they ever do.

Have they paid their fine?

And what happened to the "we just want a club" attitude? I personally had a lot of sympathy for fans of Rangers. The club AND the attitude of the fans killed that.

Methinks No.8 should change his name to No.2 Thick as shit.

I have spelled it out in simpleton terms for you..If you still cannot grasp why it was discriminatory then i suggest it is you who is 'Thick as shit'

This is still not a justification as to why you think a cup ban is an appropriate sanction, its an apology and a finger pointing exercise at the 'big boys' which I accept you have offered as an admission of the wrong-doing.

You still haven't offered an explanation as to why you feel the cup ban would be appropriate though, care to actually answer the question this time??