Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SFA Twitter feed quoting Campbell Ogilvie - he's been quiet of late, hasn't he?

Anyhoo, he's saying they need to sort out the pyramid structure (to make it easier for I Can't Believe Its Not Rangers to get back into the league structure).

Don't want R*ngers in the juniors. dry.gif We already have to put up with Clydebank as it is :lol:

Seriously you diddies are on page 1550 odd and have got nothing right yet. When you stop believing the utter drivel posted by failed social workers and corrupt lawyers you might actually begin to understand the situation.

54 Titles and Still Going Strong

Do enlighten us then, oh knowledgeable one

I'll be interested to see the detail of this. Today's Scotsman says it will compel outgoing owners to conduct proper diligence into whether the people they're selling to are fit-n-proper or not. It sounds a good idea - but given someone selling is likely leaving Scottish football, how do you subsequently punish them if they don't do it?!?!

You dont. You punish the club.

I'll be interested to see the detail of this. Today's Scotsman says it will compel outgoing owners to conduct proper diligence into whether the people they're selling to are fit-n-proper or not. It sounds a good idea - but given someone selling is likely leaving Scottish football, how do you subsequently punish them if they don't do it?!?!

Require them to provide suitable doumentation? If they don't, they won't be allow to transfer the playing licence or membership of SFA/SPL?

The FIFA "statement" (response to journo's question) just said that they were happy for now that it was back in the hands of the football authorities. I'm not sure how anyone pro or anti Rangers could really extrapolate much from that other than the bare meaning of the words.

Charles Green = The emperor with no clothes laugh.giflaugh.gif

Re Charles Green and his Sham (1)69(0) Green Brigade - when Reg Brealey tried to take over St Mirren one of his so-called backers was The Sultan of Brunei (I kid you not). Same old story, new characters.

Think Leggo has got it right this time and Green will disappear like snow off a dyke. Green's sob story will be that he felt that he wasn't wanted, nobody liked him, everybody hated him, and he'll pop up again in a few years time as owner of Lincoln City or whoever and take the club he eventually gets control of to oblivion.

Require them to provide suitable doumentation? If they don't, they won't be allow to transfer the playing licence or membership of SFA/SPL?

Change is ownership doesn't always (infact hardly ever) involve transferring the membership and league shares to a new limited company ... and SFA has no powers of itself to prevent individuals from buying or selling shares. It also doesn't sound like it's an upfront SFA process anyway:

greater onus will be placed on clubs to carry out more detailed due diligence on prospective new owners. Former Rangers owner Sir David Murray claimed he had been “duped” by Whyte, who bought the Ibrox club from the Edinburgh-based businessman for £1 in May 2011. Nine months later the club were in administration after being pursued by HMRC over unpaid tax bills. The SFA will invite all 93 members to vote in a resolution which will place the onus on clubs to ensure that prospective new owners have been properly vetted. “It will be a requirement for all clubs to produce a signed certificate from the out-going board to prove they have conducted an investigation into the provenance of those taking over – i.e. that they are a fit and proper person,” said an SFA spokesperson yesterday.

You dont. You punish the club.

Well quite, but if someone's already in a position where they're thinking of selling to someone not fit-n-proper, will that particularly bother them?

I'm just thinking of this in Murray<>Whyte terms... would it have changed anything? Arguable.

Think it more a rule that if you sell to a crook it is wrong that a McCoist, Jardine, etc club representative can come forward and say it all everybody elses fault that we are now fucked and try to blame the SFA/SPL/ All of humanity bar themselves for the situation.

Hence forward know as the Murray Whyte Rule.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I suggested I Can't Believe It's Not Bigotry about 1000 pages ago!

Well if I win the euromillions this week i'm gonna buy them, make them into a football and athletic club, and rename them "GLASGOW TARRIERS"

I'm just thinking of this in Murray<>Whyte terms... would it have changed anything? Arguable.

Would it of, hell!

Murray would have happily got 'Craig Whyte is ace' tattooed to his forehead in order to be rid of the buns.

Re Charles Green and his Sham (1)69(0) Green Brigade - when Reg Brealey tried to take over St Mirren one of his so-called backers was The Sultan of Brunei (I kid you not). Same old story, new characters.

Think Leggo has got it right this time and Green will disappear like snow off a dyke. Green's sob story will be that he felt that he wasn't wanted, nobody liked him, everybody hated him, and he'll pop up again in a few years time as owner of Lincoln City or whoever and take the club he eventually gets control of to oblivion.

Lincoln Green sounds about right for an asset stripper.

I've not read every page here so may have missed it but hysteria about clubs/national team being thrown out seemed to be the main stream media rather than folk on P+B. It was the most theoretical of possibilities and was never going to happen.

Don't be so sure about that. As far as FIFA is concerned the ball is currently in the SFA's court (or more fittingly, penalty area), and they'll be watching the SFA very closely. If its sanctions against Rangers don't satisfy FIFA, then and only then will the ban hammer start to be waved around menacingly. FIFA's history is to take the involvement of civil-law courts VERY seriously, such as in this amusingly-coincidental example:

http://www.footy-boots.com/chile-could-lose-world-cup-place-8374/

Note the actual direct quote from FIFA, not just media speculation.