Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As regards the CVA meeting will it be a secret ballot or will it be transparent who voted it down and who voted it up?

If I was a small creditor I'd fear reprisals if it goes down and I voted against it - even though in all probability my vote would count for nothing.

Was speaking to a Rangers & a Celtic fan in the pub last night who both actually think the CVA will go through..........saying that they both also said it was ALL Craig Whyte's fault plus Scottish would be like the Irish or Welsh league without Rangers ! rolleyes.gif The Rangers fan actually bet me £5 that they DON'T get liquidated !unsure.gif

I suggested that they both don't believe everything they read in the Daily Record ! laugh.gif

So you'll get 30p when he employs the standard rangers payback terms of 6p in the pound

As regards the CVA meeting will it be a secret ballot or will it be transparent who voted it down and who voted it up?

If I was a small creditor I'd fear reprisals if it goes down and I voted against it - even though in all probability my vote would count for nothing.

^^^^ Small creditor ^^^^

Watched a documentary about Enron last night and its amazing how if you replaced the name "Enron" for "Rangers" it's still pretty much the same scenario as we have going on at castle greyskull just now.

Decent question.............I read elsewhere that these things have to be a matter of record as would form a submission to Court of the outcome of the Administration. I feel for any small creditor as the Orcs have previous for publishing the private info of innocent individuals then victimising them..........twice if this happens to creditors after the original theft.

EDIT: To add weight to your original thought, I see a post on the "Rangers Rumours" site calling for all all votes to make public. The Ranjurs just love transparency don't they when there's the prospect of some poor innocent to be hounded. :rolleyes:

Edited by Claymores

Decent question.............I read elsewhere that these things have to be a matter of record as would form a submission to Court of the outcome of the Administration. I feel for any small creditor as the Orcs have previous for publishing the private info of innocent individuals then victimising them..........twice if this happens to creditors after the original theft.

Certainly the Dundee one was made public when it passed (only HMRC, Dodds & Chisholm objected from memory), I would assume it would be the same if it failed.

The only two players in town are HMRC and Ticketus though, it doesn't matter how the others vote, it only takes one of them to vote no.

The very fact we're talking about reprisals should indicate that this monstrosity of a club should be shut down, if not by the liquidation route then most certainly by the sanctions/expulsion route.

This has been interesting to me also. It's not just that the "establishment" club has had no real effort by supporters (individually or groups) to push through a package genuinely trying to save their club (I mean real offers; not BK claptrap) but also that there has been no real interrogation from high profile "fans". You would have thought that with their obvious fan base in the scottish legal/finance/business world someone would have led the charge against the obvious carve up of the club by a bunch of charlatans but....nothing! Where is the gersbiased equivalent of RTC or Scotslawthoughts? Nothing. It's been left to the forums who, with due respect, are bogged down with whataboutery in their ongoing bigotfest with the other cheeks.

I work in a biggish (100 times bigger tha RFC) company with a heavy weegie management content; not a peep from thes guys on what might happen, how it happened and what they could add to the argument. I think that their fans fall in to the two classic categories just the same as every other team; dedicated fans who will support their team whatever and BIRG (basking in reflected glory) fans. Unfortunately they think they're mostly the former but they are finding out that they are mostly the latter.

You know what,i agree with this.When Airdrieonians went down the pan,we didn't have any where near the fanbase that Rangers have,but we certainly made more of a protest about saving our club than they have been seen to show.

I know that the small creditor vote is somewhat inconsequential anyway, but if I was a small creditor, I suspect I'd have written-off the bad debt a while ago in my head. I certainly wouldn't be all excited of the prospect of mibees getting 4p in the £ (after BTC kicks-in), and even then mibees waiting months or even 2 years (Collier Bristow case) to see any pennies.

I know that the small creditor vote is somewhat inconsequential anyway, but if I was a small creditor, I suspect I'd have written-off the bad debt a while ago in my head. I certainly wouldn't be all excited of the prospect of mibees getting 4p in the £ (after BTC kicks-in), and even then mibees waiting months or even 2 years (Collier Bristow case) to see any pennies.

Agreed. I'm self employed and would have taken the same view. If I really was a creditor I would vote the CVA down especially on the basis of all this "signing players" crap that Mr G has been bandying about.

Aye but it must be remembered that they are ra peepul and the big hoose must stay open so they don't need to protest

LOL - of late I've been telling my German pals aboots the Ranjurs saga and how so many different Scottish fitba fans want them deid! I generally have been linking the YouTube of "Explaining Debt to a Hun" to try to explain why they are detested!

Your post just made me think of this...........so far the guys and girls keep coming back to ask "What is this We Are the People"? :D

A few exchanges wi my chums later they start joking WATP too, then I drop the Pie&Bovril definition of WATP really means..............We Admire The Pope.

That quip tends to confuse most of them again.

The only German mates I've fallen out with about wanting Ranjurs deid are the Fortuna Ddorf ones who seem to have an affinity for buns cos they sold "Der Hammer" to Ibrox.

You know what,i agree with this.When Airdrieonians went down the pan,we didn't have any where near the fanbase that Rangers have,but we certainly made more of a protest about saving our club than they have been seen to show.

Yes I recall your protest at Somerset Park. 20 mins into the game we scored and a couple of dozen 'true' Airdrie fans wandered onto the park causing much mayhem as the two stewards we employed legged it! Can we have our crossbar back? Actually remember the 'Greengairs Thistle' banner and thinking that I knew that name from somewhere... oh yes I used to live in Greengairs! The only supporters I recognised usually wander about in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl Ra Gers tops, and tring to play flutes or banging big drums!

Still if it gets you promoted and out of our league all the better. Fed up playing/ getting humped by Airdrie United!

The only German mates I've fallen out with about wanting Ranjurs deid are the Fortuna Ddorf ones who seem to have an affinity for buns cos they sold "Der Hammer" to Ibrox.

So you have no mates who support Schalke? None who support Hamburg? The team who actually sold Albertz to Rangers. A wee trip to youtube will let you know just what Hamburg think of Rangers