Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So, amidst all the celebrations, its important to remember that this is the beginning (of the end?) rather than the end.

What happens next?

1) Newco is created and Green buys something for this £5.5m, but what exactly?

2) Newco applies to SPL to transfer share - and SFA to transfer membership, presumably?

3) The players. What happens to them? Employment contracts transfer under TUPE (or dont if they want to walk) but what about the football registrations?

4) Oldco is liquidated and HMRC liquidators come in and start to investigate the whole shenanigans.

5) SFA still to come back with the punishment from the CoS appeal

6) SPL still to report on the dual contracts

This is from HMRC Twitter...

HM Revenue & Customs ‏@HMRCgovuk

#Rangers liquidation gives best chance to protect taxpayers and allows sale of club to a new company, ensuring football continues at Ibrox.

Why are they ensuring that football continues at Ibrox? Have they done a deal or is it just a smokescreen?

WTF is this all about? how can they assure this? Not liking!

So, amidst all the celebrations, its important to remember that this is the beginning (of the end?) rather than the end.

What happens next?

1) Newco is created and Green buys something for this £5.5m, but what exactly?

2) Newco applies to SPL to transfer share - and SFA to transfer membership, presumably?

3) The players. What happens to them? Employment contracts transfer under TUPE (or dont if they want to walk) but what about the football registrations?

4) Oldco is liquidated and HMRC liquidators come in and start to investigate the whole shenanigans.

5) SFA still to come back with the punishment from the CoS appeal

6) SPL still to report on the dual contracts

1) Murray Park and Ibrox i presume?

I hope that the sheer arrogance of Charles Green will be enough to put the SFA off granting membership to the b*****d child of Rangers.

"The solemn promise I can make to Rangers fans today is that this club will continue as Rangers Football Club and will continue to play at Ibrox Stadium. "I am hugely disappointed by the decision of HMRC not to support the CVA proposal and that disappointment will be felt acutely by Rangers fans across the world. "Frankly, I do not see what benefit will be achieved by this decision. My consortium's offer for a CVA amounted to a total of £8.5m...

What an utter guillemot, the chance chance to pursue potential criminal activities is clearly not a priority to this man.

Despise the 'newco' as much as their dead preprocessor.

All Rangers players are now free to leave the old club if they so wish. They are not obligated to transfer to the newco, no CVA, no players, no SPL place (until approved, if it ever is) let's watch the Green Brigade run for the hills.

Thats a bit weird then. Most people I know supported a team because of their parents, because it was the first team they really heard about, or because they got taken to a match and really enjoyed it. Very few people sat down and considered all the pros and cons before picking a team. Does that mean that if you wanted to, you could just support another team?

I opted to support St Mirren despite a family convention of supporting Rangers (albeit largely from their armchairs).

I chose to support St Mirren after a mate took me to a couple of matches, and I enjoyed the atmosphere and banter. Oh, and they were my local senior team and all that....

I attended one match at Ibrox in 1994/95. Rangers versus Dundee Utd. It was a truly hideous experience, characterised by vile and venomous bile, and I've never been back, and never will be (will anyone?).

So, in summary, I opted not to support Rangers, and this is perhaps one of the decisions I have made in my life of which I'm most proud.

You can take your analysis and blow it our your arse :)

Oh, and on the HMRC decision. No surprise there (I'd described the CVA proposal on the day of publication as laughable), but I punched the air in celebration in any event.

GIRFUY!

Surely this now gives SFA/SPL the chance to apply all suitable penalties, as it appears to me that RFC's body armour has been stripped away by this decsion. They are now naked and vulnearble. Kick the ba$tards while they're down, go on, you know you want to.