Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think that is a possibility.

It works scarily well on paper...

[1] transfer of SPL + SFA memberships approved, SPL clubs agreeing mandatory relegation as sanction and punishment

[2] Rangers go down instead of Dunfermline

[3] SFL1 clubs get 2 good gates and probably a TV deal (shared over all 30) to compensate liklihood of a year without realistic chance of promotion

(or SFA's desire for play-off involving 11th + 2nd-4th might happen)

[4] Rangers keep their history and likely bounce-back after 1 year

[5] SPL clubs placate Sky-ESPN by negotiating 1-year reduced ££, if demanded

... too scarily infact.

EDIT: Throw-in the commerical benefits to the Challenge Cup, and early rounds of the League Cup, and a quick revival of the Glasgow Cup for a pair of OF derbies - and it's a hideously plausible possibility.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Rangers Media is the best place in the world. I can't fucking wait til they go tits up. Horrible little club, with horrible little fans.

Some more Dunfermline news, from the BBC this time.

Chris McLaughlin:

"I understand #Rangers administrators have come to agreement with #Dunfermline to pay cash owed to them."

That coupled with Yorkston's statement this morning should mean the Pars don't have to suffer their charity visit to EEP.

[1] transfer of SPL + SFA memberships approved, SPL clubs agreeing mandatory relegation as sanction and punishment

[3] SFL1 clubs get 2 good gates and probably a TV deal (shared over all 30) to compensate liklihood of a year without realistic chance of promotion

... too scarily infact.

EDIT: Throw-in the commerical benefits to the Challenge Cup, and early rounds of the League Cup, and a quick revival of the Glasgow Cup for a pair of OF derbies - and it's a hideously plausible possibility.

I reckon you'll see a 14 team SPL as the price of rangers going down to SFL D1 for a season, no way that there'd be 1 up 1 down for 2012/13 going into 2013/14.

I'm not clear on the rules concerning creditors, football or otherwise.... if Rangers have paid Dunfermline in full, is that not preferential treatment as a creditor? Or have the administrators literally paid for it (ie rather than Rangers)?

Out of interest, does anyone know if the administrators are actually allowed to just hand over the full whack owed to Dunfermline like that? I appreciate it's the first time in a while they've actually done something tangible, but is it not a little bit unfair on other creditors?

Out of interest, does anyone know if the administrators are actually allowed to just hand over the full whack owed to Dunfermline like that? I appreciate it's the first time in a while they've actually done something tangible, but is it not a little bit unfair on other creditors?

Such as Craig Whyte?

I reckon you'll see a 14 team SPL as the price of rangers going down to SFL D1 for a season, no way that there'd be 1 up 1 down for 2012/13 going into 2013/14.

Why not just form 14-team SPL straight away, though, involving the existing 12 SPL clubs + Ross County + Falkirk, keeping Rangers in SPL all along?

I could see SFL1 clubs going for the existing model (12-10-10-10) if the already-mooted, and widely-desired, Relegation Play-off was added. They get a season with big money, and still a chance of promotion.

I'm not clear on the rules concerning creditors, football or otherwise.... if Rangers have paid Dunfermline in full, is that not preferential treatment as a creditor? Or have the administrators literally paid for it (ie rather than Rangers)?

Spooky.

Presumably they've been able to account for it by saving Kirk Klubfoot's wages.

Such as Craig Whyte?

Such as Dundee Utd, unpaid staff, printers and other small businesses.

In another twist, Steve Brown has spoken out in favour of tougher penalties for clubs in financial bother, though with no specific reference to liquidation or what he thinks should happen after a points deduction has already been imposed. he certainly isn't keen on refinancing and appears not to want to be drawn on the potential of a transfer of share situation. Another potential chairman for the good guys list.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/299759-st-johnstone-chairman-favours-points-deductions-over-financial-penaltie/

... too scarily infact.

You'd better hope that you've not just presented them with a possible scenario they (whoever that might be) hadn't previously considered.

It seems to me that the administrator is probably stalling on this while discussion takes place in smoke filled rooms at Hampden and beyond as to how to negotiate a path to keep Rangers in, or as close as possible, to the SPL. The would explain the delay in Hinge and Bracket wielding the axe.

FWIW, my suspicion is that arrangements are already in place, and what will happen today an in the next week or so is a floor show.

Edit - typo

Edited by Drooper

Another potential chairman for the good guys list.

For all that fans of non-OF clubs constantly complain about the super-majority voting system... it may again prove to be their ally, just as it did in preventing 10-team SPL.

You'd better hope that you've not just presented them with a possible scenario they (whoever that might be) hadn't previously considered.

:ph34r:

http://www.bbc.co.uk. ..otball/17221172

Not very exciting for those wanting something to laugh at.

Does this not mean that redundancies are delayed indefinitely again?

It seems to me that the administrator is probably stalling on this while discussion takes place in smoke filled rooms at Hampden and beyond as to how to negotiate a path to keep Rangers in, or as close as possible, to the SPL. The would explain the delay in Hinge and Bracket weilding the axe.

FWIW, my suspicion is that arrangements are already in place, and what will happen today an in the next week or so is a floor show.

And that by extension this might be true?

its a football debt which i believe gets some sort of special priority.

its a football debt which i believe gets some sort of special priority.

In England. The Dundee Utd debt is also a football debt. What's the situation with ICT over tickets for their match? Were they paid up front?