Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Apologies if this was posted earlier but I see that a Raith official isn't very happy at the thought of Dundee stepping-up to take Rangers place :lol:!! But then again, would Raith want Dunfermline to stay up instead?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/raith-rovers/106360-raith-director-unhappy-at-prospect-of-dundee-replacing-rangers-in-spl/

He does make a few good points to be fair.

Like you say though, the alternative is Dunfermline, someone should tell him this.

Well, if you can download it, you can upload it for us all to have a look at, or at least post a link. Not that I don't believe you, of course....;)

To be fair I haven't seen it.

I was just quoting from radio Scotland who were chatting about it around 2:30 pm

I can't believe nobody else heard it.

What I meant was, I had always assumed that if rangers or celtic finished bottom of the league they would be relegated just like everyone else, the current movement amongst governing bodies and sections of the media seem to suggest that if either glasgow side finished bottom of the league they'd simply rejig it to keep them in.

Radio Scotland were saying earlier about sky contracts online but I don't know the link. They also say that season after next ie starting 13 months from now, the clause says simply that rangers and Celtic must be involved but didn't specify a number of fixtures. ( good timing for reconstruction to a larger league playing each other twice then )

But again spl have signed up to this deal assuming the old firm CAN'T be relegated.

Presumably with nothing else to replace 100 hours of tv with next year sky will WANT to continue showing spl because

1 they need to show something

2 they can be seen to be on a moral high ground by continuing the deal without rangers

3 they will negotiate a tidy wee discount.

More hearsay and rumour, then. Thanks for that. To be honest I would be surprised if that's what they actually said, as no other posters who have been listening to the radio have referred to it. If I'm wrong, then I apologise, but I would have thought it extremely unlikely the SPL actually could agree to something which they caouldn't guarantee. The chances of either of these two going down may seem slim, but it could never be impossible.

But again spl have signed up to this deal assuming the old firm CAN'T be relegated.

They can, relegation is also outlined perfectly clearly in rules. People seem to think TV has a contract saying they XYZ can't be relegated: they don't. It might say they can renegogiate the deal if they are.

He does make a few good points to be fair.

Like you say though, the alternative is Dunfermline, someone should tell him this.

If the alternative is Dunfermline, something is seriously awry.....whistling.gif

It's been mentioned on this site a few times, in a thread you posted in actually. Came from a statement from Arab trust it's posted about halfway down the page.

surely a donation of that size would at least have made the courier?

More hearsay and rumour, then. Thanks for that. To be honest I would be surprised if that's what they actually said, as no other posters who have been listening to the radio have referred to it. If I'm wrong, then I apologise, but I would have thought it extremely unlikely the SPL actually could agree to something which they caouldn't guarantee. The chances of either of these two going down may seem slim, but it could never be impossible.

Sadly mate, hearsay and rumour are all any of us have on a forum on a Saturday afternoon when offices are closed for business, that's kind of what forums are for I guess.

I didn't say the contract had to be torn up or anything if the OF arnt there, perhaps there are penalty clauses or fee reductions or something.

Right now I'm more annoyed that no one else seemed to have heard the discussion :-0

I'm now looking round bbc radio Scotland website to find a podcast of the show :( grrrr

Seems like Dr Ioannidis agrees with Stondedsailor on the old company v new compay

I still think hes wrong! If you want to transfer the footballing rights of the oldco (ie SPL membership) then you transfer the liabilities too.

As I understand, so far, they can't apply sanctions to the new company,

BUT, are they in their rights to impose conditions on entry?

Apologies if this was posted earlier but I see that a Raith official isn't very happy at the thought of Dundee stepping-up to take Rangers place :lol:!! But then again, would Raith want Dunfermline to stay up instead?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/raith-rovers/106360-raith-director-unhappy-at-prospect-of-dundee-replacing-rangers-in-spl/

To be fair, he does have a point.

Which is the highest placed club that hasn't been financially mismanaged? :lol: :lol:

To be fair I haven't seen it.

I was just quoting from radio Scotland who were chatting about it around 2:30 pm

I can't believe nobody else heard it.

All they said about the Sky deal was how impossible it was to get any information about it.

Just get some decent players and we just might see those elusive derbies return in a couple of years......:D

In fact, I bet there are people in Fife, Tayside, Lanarkshire, Paisley, Greenock, and all across the country matching up the fixtures we've all missed and would actually attract people to the game, unlike the sterile SPL we've had for so long. I always remember when I was (much :lol:) younger, our final league position was less important than how many we'd scored at Somerset. It'll be great to see those days return - there's no such thing as a meaningless game when bragging rights are at stake.....

AUFA are working on it ;) , not instant but worth waiting on ...

They can, relegation is also outlined perfectly clearly in rules. People seem to think TV has a contract saying they XYZ can't be relegated: they don't. It might say they can renegogiate the deal if they are.

Yes, was trying to get at that but couldn't word it quite right so thank you for being so clear and concise but again although the " rules " may state this that and the other, it seems more and more that IF they finished bottom of the league there would just be emergency reconstruction to keep them in.

In a way then the rules are meaningles in the face of reality

Have you seen the fuss the press and everyone made over the idea of Rangers not being part of the SPL?

You sit there and say rules are black and white HJ but I notice the contract doesn't say their has to be 4 Edinburgh derbys.

The fact this is wrote into the deal itself is morally wrong and you know it.

Also worth mentioning it is a well known fact (depending what paper you read) that the SPL would die if 1 of them weren't part of it.

You have to ask yourself if we would allow Rangers/Celtic to be relegated then if this is the case.

The SPL has had a few previous seasons with no relegation before remember.

Yes, was trying to get at that but couldn't word it quite right so thank you for being so clear and concise but again although the " rules " may state this that and the other, it seems more and more that IF they finished bottom of the league there would just be emergency reconstruction to keep them in.

In a way then the rules are meaningles in the face of reality

Ecclesiastes Ch1 V2

All they said about the Sky deal was how impossible it was to get any information about it.

Not quite. I heard the bit you ate referring to and it was someone saying they found it hard trying to get sky to give a quote re rangers situation.

The bit in referring to was ages before hand