Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If and its a big if that newco were dropped into div1 still in administration would they receive a 25 point penalty in line with the one that Dundee received?

No.

The oldco are in administration and about to be liquidated. The newco have always been solvent.

No.

The oldco are in administration and about to be liquidated. The newco have always been solvent.

The Newco that has nothing to do with the oldco. No sirree bob!

Except perhaps that the name of the newco has been carved in stone at Ibrox for as long as anyone can remember.

PIC_0114.jpg

:whistle

This is another misconception that must be clarified. Rangers are not being relegated. They do not exist any more. They put themselves out of business by cheating and therefore ended their own involvement in any league.

rangers still hold sfa membership and an spl share.

The Newco that has nothing to do with the oldco. No sirree bob!

Except perhaps that the name of the newco has been carved in stone at Ibrox for as long as anyone can remember.

PIC_0114.jpg

:whistle

That crest says "THE RANGERS". Newco is called "The Rangers". Totally different, although I can see how you may have become confused. ;)

Does anyone really think that Sky TV will 'pull the plug' on covering top flight Scottish football unless Rangers (as we knew them - big club with 50,000 at home games) are still in the top flight?

No chance. Not what I heard. Reduced deal, re-negotiated deal? Almost certainly. 'Walking away'? Nope.

More 'we need Rangers or we die' propaganda.

Agreed on both points. Sky need to fill their vacuous sports channel schedule. Espn don't even do the of derby. They'll not risk dropping customers for the sake of few million quid, imo.

The Newco that has nothing to do with the oldco. No sirree bob!<br style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); ">Except perhaps that the name of the newco has been carved in stone at Ibrox for as long as anyone can remember.<br style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); ">

the argument can go that says "the rangers football club ltd" but the newco is "the rangers football club", just without the LTD

ohmy.gifomg im starting to sound like T_S_A_Rlaugh.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

A Rangers fan I spoke to a couple of nights ago was still adamant that "individuals should pay" - yet still furious that HMRC had rejected the CVA. Imagine the look of spaced-out-haven'tascoobiness when I told him that the CVA rejection was the best, if not only, way of getting an investigation started which would probably bring the previous regime(s) to task.

Honestly. These c***s want their cake alright, but they don't want to be the person that either bakes it, or nips out to Greggs for it.

Yet, similar to Newco guys I know, they were happy to accept all the spending, the glory, the titles, the cups won by all the cheating...the £5/£10 jibe at Sellik......they really are scum and thick to go with it!!!

Edited by Sting777

This is another misconception that must be clarified. Rangers are not being relegated. They do not exist any more. They put themselves out of business by cheating and therefore ended their own involvement in any league.

What is being discussed is their successor's entry into the Scottish senior league system. It's not a case of how far down the league system this new club is being sent but how high they are brought in at.

The relegation line is just more of the succulent lamb propaganda. They should be discussing admitting The Rangers not relegating them.

Bang on the money for my liking, top post sir!

No.

How long will that be the case though once Charlie's wonga loan runs out and no sts are sold. Their income is much less than their outgoings as far as I can work out. I guess we'll fund out in due course.

Yet, similar to Newco guys I know, they were happy to accept all the spending, the glory, the titles, the cups won by all the cheating...the £5/£10 jibe at Sellik......they really are scum and thick to go with it!!!

more than likely been posted many many times but this is pretty appropriatelaugh.gif

I've a wee feeling that if they dont do something about that name, Surely it'll be classed as a phoenix company and HMRC will come knocking for the BTC money? Same as if the Cardigan gets involved at board level. If he's involved in the EBT business, then surely he'll be part of the previous regime? Im not an expert, but isnt that illegal?

I have a feeling that when BDO get involved a lot of this smoke and mirror nonsense will be stopped in its tracks and the truth of how hopeless they are will out.

it's pretty simple.

if a club can exist prior to the incorporation of a company then it stands to reason that it can exist beyond the liquidation of the company. the company administers the football club, they are not the same thing. i thought that highlighting the discrepancy between our actual year of formation and the formation of the company would make my point obvious.

point 1 here

The why didn't you just make the point rather than just mention a date. rolleyes.gif Obvious to you but the rest of us, not being mind readers did not follow your point.

EBTs were and are not illegal. There's nothing to be ruled on. The players and officials who were paid using them did nothing wrong. They're a bit of a distraction, to be honest.

EBT's may not be illegal in themsevles, but (and it is a big but) they can be used illegally.

If a player recieves payment via an EBT as part of their wage that they negotiated and it is treated as non-discretionary (ie.not a loan that may or may not be given) and do not pay the relevant tax on it then it is illegal.

Edited by Cairn Terrier

1339929328[/url]' post='6344765']

it's pretty simple.

if a club can exist prior to the incorporation of a company then it stands to reason that it can exist beyond the liquidation of the company. the company administers the football club, they are not the same thing. i thought that highlighting the discrepancy between our actual year of formation and the formation of the company would make my point obvious.

point 1 here

A group of people start a football club, (basically some mates get together to kick a ball about). The football club is formed.

Years later they decide to Incorperate their club. The football club becomes a company.

Many years later the company goes bust through severe mismanagement. The football club dies.

I've seen no evidence that Walter was involved with EBTs, only shit-stirring from Celtic fans etc. Certainly he wasn't on the BBC's list of beneficiaries. Anyway, EBTs were a common tax planning device and the tribunal is still to give its ruling on how Rangers/Murray Group ran theirs.

As for "newco" there's a clue in the name. New company, not new club.