Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Doncaster, though, believes that the extended contract with their broadcast partners (which is due to last until 2017) will not be affected if Rangers are not in the top flight.

“The current contract, which comes to an end this season, says Rangers and Celtic must play each other four times a season,” he said. “That’s in line with most of our large contracts – our title sponsors are the same. That’s no different from any other league with its biggest clubs.

"What will be in the next contract from the summer to be seen. You do a deal originally in a short-form agreement and then the long-form agreement follows that later on. "That's in process at the moment. What will happen in the future? I never predict anything in football."

Bizarre... aren't those 2 statements almost wholly contradictory?

Logically speaking why would they sign a 5-year, £80M deal if (for example) they'd no protection should both OF leave for England or a EuroLeague? They've demanded that protection before and you struggle to see why they'd drop it now.

If they decide to be that stupid, it's great, the financial worries of Rangers demise are largely settled. However, what chance they'll do that?

Edited by HibeeJibee

That messageboard is deranged; a mixture of bigots struggling to remain on their best behaviour, genuine cretins, and the terminally deluded.

I must admit there's a lot more talk of liquidation here than I expected. I actually think the longer the administrators are silent, the worse it is for them. Not only can they not get the wages sums to add up, the administrators must have lots of unknown accounting hand-grenades to defuse.

I'd still be pretty astonished of Rangers went the way of Third Lanark, Airdrie and Gretna but it really is looking bleak for them at the moment. I predict this will drag on for the rest of the season and will terminate in an almighty rule-bending clusterfuck over the summer.

That would be a nightmare for the SPL clubs trying to set their budgets for the following season. If there is no £13 per season TV money and no £10 million Clydesdale Bank money HJ has suggested that the playing budgets of many clubs may have to cut by 50% in order to balance the books. So uncertainty over the existence of Rangers will be a 'clusterfuck' to be sure.

Tbh to the rest of the league (other than Celtic, perhaps) is there any real benefit in punishing them retrospectively by taking away titles? I think there are much more important issues to worry about such as how a Newco will be admitted to the SPL/SFL and dealing with television/sponsor concerns than wading into the Old Firm penis measuring.

So the current TV deal requires 4 OF games but he 'believes' the new one doesn't. Firstly, does he not know the terms of the deal? Has he not read it? I would be very suprised if it doesn't have at least some renegotiaion clause allowing Sky to withdraw/dramatically reduce if the 4 main attractions do not materialise. So he is at the very least being disingenuous to imply that there will not be less tv money for SPL clubs if there are no OF games.

Definitely - I'd be astonished given what has been said in the past if the deal was unaffected should Rangers and/or Celtic not be in the SPL.

But on the plus side, his quotes certainly suggest that while there would likely be less of a deal, there would still be a deal - how much less is really the question that should be answered before anyone says "we need Rangers in the SPL". While I agree with HJ above that Sky would be stupid to be tied to an expensive deal if they had no flagship OF game to sell the product on, the SPL would be similarly stupid to be tied to a deal that was void should Rangers not be in the SPL (given their problems were widely known at the time of negotiation, hence why it's been a topic ever since!).

That said, I know who I think is more likely to have been "stupid" at that negotiating table :lol:

Thats Gregg Wylde gone according to Alison Robbie on Twitter https://twitter.com/...002913380569088

And so it begins......cool.gif

Finally... rolleyes.gif

Should have got this guy to be the administrator, he'd get the job done a lot quicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBGevbuQYs

But on the plus side, his quotes certainly suggest that while there would likely be less of a deal, there would still be a deal - how much less is really the question that should be answered before anyone says "we need Rangers in the SPL". While I agree with HJ above that Sky would be stupid to be tied to an expensive deal if they had no flagship OF game to sell the product on, the SPL would be similarly stupid to be tied to a deal that was void should Rangers not be in the SPL (given their problems were widely known at the time of negotiation, hence why it's been a topic ever since!).

That said, I know who I think is more likely to have been "stupid" at that negotiating table :lol:

I certainly have never suggested the deal would end if 1 or both OF weren't in SPL... what I have suggested is that it's likely Sky-ESPN would want sufficient 'protection' to negotiate a new figure, or structure, if they weren't. This has also been the quality press's view.

They're paying for 4 OF derbies (primary), 34 OF away games + 3-4 Edinburgh derbies (secondary), and ~18 schedule fillers (tertiary)...

... I'd be amazed if they would see themselves locked-into an £80M 5-year deal if the primary, and 15 or 34 from 37-38 of the secondary, disappeared.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Lets start a running tally to see how much they have wasted in the player redundancies.

They rejected a 400k offer from Bolton in August for Wylde - so theres the starting point - 400k thrown out the door.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that after the investigation by Doncaster and co, all they will get is a warning. I don't think Neil Doncaster or anyone involved in that set-up has either the balls not the integrity to do anything about it. If they were true to their word then we would have seen both the OF hammered for chanting and singing long before now. If they can't do that when the evidence is there for all to hear then they're unlikely to penalise them for anything IMO.

Unless forced to by UEFA like the Swiss FA were over Sion