Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's pretty rich coming from someone who has contributed literally nothing useful to this thread.

That's rich when you contributed what? - I get thanks for summing -up or giving a 2nd Div view - you go unnoticed by yer gems of wisdom. Can't think I've EVER thought ow wow glad he/she added

Insolvency News:

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) was criticised by a leading figure in the insolvency industry for not getting involved in football insolvencies earlier.

Lee Manning a partner at Deloitte and the current president of R3 claimed if HMRC got involved when it first saw PAYE problems there’d be more left for other creditors.

Speaking during a panel discussion on football insolvencies at the Insolvency Group Annual Conference yesterday (14 June) Manning said: “HMRC leave it rather late until they bring action.

“HMRC could put their foot on the accelerator and then there would be more in the pot for others.”

Manning also stated the ten point rule, where football clubs going into administration are deducted points automatically, “encourages trading when insolvent”.

But on a positive note Manning added: “There’s a huge failure rate no other industry could sustain it, but only one club (Maidstone) has failed to emerge.”

During the same panel Trevor Birch of PKF, the administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, admitted one player alone at the club was earning more than the average entire wage bill for a league one side.

Pompey were relegated to league one at the end of last season after being deducted ten points for going into administration.

At the same event and giving the keynote talk Cobra beer chairman Lord Bilimoria called the Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) process “deeply flawed” and said the UK “desperately” needed a US-style Chapter 11 system.

By Luke Walsh

could have been shot of them sooner by the sounds of it ! cool.gif

Top 20 posters in this thread. How they find the time i dont know. huh.gif

chico 958

Claymores 862

pozbaird 847

No8. 813

welshbairn 744

Drooper 743

Granny Danger 711

HibeeJibee 696

wunfellaff 683

Gaz FFC 683

Enrico Annoni 648

stonedsailor 619

itzdrk 593

Araminta Moonbeam QC 584

7-2 582

WeeHectorPar 560

sjc 515

Mr X 490

Fife Saint 448

THE KING 441

Think I'll have a BRALT holiday. Sheesh.

Fair do's - and as a poster of utter pish myself, I will make no further reference to bloodstained Kennedy family members.

So, I've been out in Embra' all day - fill me in. Charlie Green pleading for clemency aside, what's been happening?

Have you renewed your ST yet or are you waiting to see if we'll be golfing on match days, Poz ?

Insolvency News:

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) was criticised by a leading figure in the insolvency industry for not getting involved in football insolvencies earlier.

Lee Manning a partner at Deloitte and the current president of R3 claimed if HMRC got involved when it first saw PAYE problems there'd be more left for other creditors.

Speaking during a panel discussion on football insolvencies at the Insolvency Group Annual Conference yesterday (14 June) Manning said: "HMRC leave it rather late until they bring action.

"HMRC could put their foot on the accelerator and then there would be more in the pot for others."

Manning also stated the ten point rule, where football clubs going into administration are deducted points automatically, "encourages trading when insolvent".

But on a positive note Manning added: "There's a huge failure rate no other industry could sustain it, but only one club (Maidstone) has failed to emerge."

During the same panel Trevor Birch of PKF, the administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, admitted one player alone at the club was earning more than the average entire wage bill for a league one side.

Pompey were relegated to league one at the end of last season after being deducted ten points for going into administration.

At the same event and giving the keynote talk Cobra beer chairman Lord Bilimoria called the Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) process "deeply flawed" and said the UK "desperately" needed a US-style Chapter 11 system.

By Luke Walsh

could have been shot of them sooner by the sounds of it ! cool.gif

Except for the fact that came from Deloitte.......see Parmalat and others,,,,,,,,, as crooked as the currants are Deloitte, but on a faaaaaaaaaaaar bigger scale.

Except for the fact that came from Deloitte.......see Parmalat and others,,,,,,,,, as crooked as the currants are Deloitte, but on a faaaaaaaaaaaar bigger scale.

I know if was referring to a different case but was still critical of the HMRC as a whole regarding it leaving its involvement too late.

I'm in the middle of making H*nopoly for somebody at work's birthday. Each street is replaced by an EBT recipient, the utilities are Vat and Paye, stations are league memberships, go to jail is go to jail....

Needing ideas for Chance and Community chest.

Won second prize in a two horse race

Please collect £100000 from the kitty

Have you renewed your ST yet or are you waiting to see if we'll be golfing on match days, Poz ?

naw - as I explained to no8. once figured each other oot, I'm a part-time supporter of East Fife but with a HUGE BIG hatred of the Hvns cos of my upbringing and want them totally deid

More of a Vikes fan - come to our forum and try your shite on me kiddo

Edited by Claymores

I know if was referring to a different case but was still critical of the HMRC as a whole regarding it leaving its involvement too late.

True, but if the criteria was just to be critical........we would all be guilty :P

It helps if these 'professionals' are impeachable, but that is not possible.

Top 20 posters in this thread. How they find the time i dont know. huh.gif

chico 958

Claymores 862

pozbaird 847

No8. 813

welshbairn 744

Drooper 743

Granny Danger 711

HibeeJibee 696

wunfellaff 683

Gaz FFC 683

Enrico Annoni 648

stonedsailor 619

itzdrk 593

Araminta Moonbeam QC 584

7-2 582

WeeHectorPar 560

sjc 515

Mr X 490

Fife Saint 448

THE KING 441

Being off the 1st few weeks of this sure helped me.

I never really got out of the habit of looking at this thread.

With each breaking news story I go straight to p&b to join in the point and laugh session.

All in all I put in the hours on this thread and get the reward of a top 10 place when this goes into the gold section.

post-5813-0-43984800-1340210896_thumb.jp

They each own an ice cream van and anticipate legitimate profits to excede the 'other' kind shortly, and are looking to launder the 'other'.

If it fails they liquidate and with the legitimate cash that would bring, its Helllllloooooooooooooo Ecuador (its the place of choice you know)

According to Chris McLAUGHlin - Allan Stewart and Stephen McKenna are the Glasgow businessmen behind a fresh bid for Rangers. They hope to buy club and hand back to fans.

ETA: I was kinda hoping it would be Allan Stewart - Panto Dame Extraordinaire. But no... more property developers :(

Edited by ray_of_licht

I'm in the middle of making H*nopoly for somebody at work's birthday. Each street is replaced by an EBT recipient, the utilities are Vat and Paye, stations are league memberships, go to jail is go to jail....

Needing ideas for Chance and Community chest.

Change 'Chance' to 'The Chancers' who've all had a nibble at the carcass. Surely you can do something with them. And remember to get Gazza playing the flute and Donald Findlay singing his wee songs in there somewhere.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen